Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nickolai

My ride this season was probably my best one yet. It did feel rougher but that made it better in my opinion. More intense and out of control.
Formally Smiler313
Mr_Gibson

It’s nice to see the flames are on today, I’ve been 3 times this year and this is the first time I’ve seen them on.
Mikw

Mr_Gibson wrote:It’s nice to see the flames are on today, I’ve been 3 times this year and this is the first time I’ve seen them on.
I've been six times this year, it's 50/50 on the flames count for me.
Mr_Gibson

Sounds about right... :-/
BradWinterton

Slight brag here but me and my girlfriend went to AT yesterday and rode Wicker Man solo on front row, just us two in the middle of the day. Safe to say the ride hosts were baffled but such a great experience!
Swarm Chris

I've been there on a very quiet day where they were struggling to fill trains, but have yet to be there when it's that quiet! :lol
Justin

BradWinterton wrote:Slight brag here but me and my girlfriend went to AT yesterday and rode Wicker Man solo on front row, just us two in the middle of the day. Safe to say the ride hosts were baffled but such a great experience!
Quite believe it. When I was there the other week, they were filling up every other train, so it was ideal for reride. I think I managed 4 rides in a row and even then these trains were not full.
ProfBurp

I’ve been hearing that Wicker Man is closed and is likely to be closed for a few days? Is this true and can anyone shed some light on it? I’m visiting Tues-Thurs and don’t want it to be closed.
RideOpMatt

ProfBurp wrote:I’ve been hearing that Wicker Man is closed and is likely to be closed for a few days? Is this true and can anyone shed some light on it? I’m visiting Tues-Thurs and don’t want it to be closed.
They’ve been replying on Twitter saying they’re doing maintenance over the last couple of days and to check the website to see if it’s open... Must be having issues with it, wouldn’t leave routine maintenance to happen now
Morgan

Wicker Man has reopened today, with a hearty 70min queue.
Dan

Morgan wrote:Wicker Man has reopened today, with a hearty 70min queue.
According to people who are on park, it’s on one train operation.

I wonder if that could be a pointer as to why it’s been closed for the past week? :-k
Swarm Chris

Now reportedly on two trains.

For me, that just made trying to guess the closure reason a fair bit harder. :lol
Liam.W

I've heard it was a sensor issue on the restraints. (To be fair they have been having a bit of trouble with the restraints this season!) But then again there's so many rumours flying about no one really knows :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Justin

I think we have to take everything with a pinch of salt as I've heard so many rumours too. To be honest, I think we will never know for sure, but at least Alton Towers have took the time to rectify the issue that caused the closure by closing the ride instead of opening and closing it constantly.

Interesting point on the restraints though, Liam. Not seen to many issues from the norm this season; mainly guest issues. It is certainly an improvement from last year! :)
Mikw

Justin wrote:I think we have to take everything with a pinch of salt as I've heard so many rumours too. To be honest, I think we will never know for sure, but at least Alton Towers have took the time to rectify the issue that caused the closure by closing the ride instead of opening and closing it constantly.

Interesting point on the restraints though, Liam. Not seen to many issues from the norm this season; mainly guest issues. It is certainly an improvement from last year! :)
Agreed, been many times this year, seen a few oversize guests having to do the walk of shame, but not witnessed any issues with the restraints. They go down, or they don't go down.  Have seen the odd manual release with the yellow stick, but that's not really an "issue", it's the way it's supposed to work,
Dan

I rode Wicker Man three times yesterday, and didn’t see a single instance of any restraints needing to be re-checked. It certainly helped operations!
scruffy_

Went on it Sunday towards the end of the day (3.45ish) and queued for an hour to get on it. 2 trains were running but it did stop for about 15-20minutes as we were queuing but they never announce it was closed, so we just stuck it out in the queue and luckily it started operating again! 
Mr_Gibson

It was closed today until about 11.15 ish. I was very lucky and just happened to be in the plaza as they opened it so got to ride with a 5 min wait and it’s now over an hour wait.
DeadJack5

[align=center]Feed the flames!

Filmed at TowersTimes’ Summer Festival, and in conjunction with Alton Towers, we bring you a 4K front seat POV of Wicker Man.

Head over to the TTSP YouTube channel to view.

[/align][/center]
cjdmci

It's currently failed to open during ERT. Just opening now at 10am with two trains.