Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JC13

When you are on Spinball, after the first drop on the first MCBR, if facing towards the lawn you can see SW8’s lift hill. With Spinball open during winter, will (or has) anything be done to stop you being able to see the lift hill?
PhNx Survivor

I don't see them really doing anything about that, as it is quite a bit away from the site, you couldn't make out the trains looks as such, but could easily see them.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Riley_B

Final SW8 challenge has been released, got it right and after submitting it says that ‘The time will come.’ We must be close to a big reveal!
JC13

I just gave my answers, got 5 ticks, and for me it said: Thank You. Your time will come...

Do you think we will have the reveal for the ride before the end of the year?
Last edited by lewis97 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Bert

'Your time will come' 
Huh, That's the lyrics to Iron Maiden's 'Wickerman' song... 
[Insert Signature Here]
Yappo

I have to wonder if "your time will come" is a deliberate reference to the song "The Wicker Man" by Iron Maiden or just a coincidence (those are the lyrics of the chorus) :P

Edit: Oops, just ninja'd by Bert :P
Created with my unofficial Beornen runes font, available here.
Bert

It'll be cool if they got the rights to play the song from Iron Maiden to play at one point of the attraction either the pre-show or on the break run afterwards.  

Wait I can imagine it now, The Boernen trying to sacrifice The Flume's ducks somehow on the break run to Iron Maiden's Wickerman... :lol
[Insert Signature Here]
PhNx Survivor

That's got to be a coincidence.. right, put it down on your calendar, phone, tablet, diary, pants, whatever! Saturday the 13th is the day!

Hopefully.. this means sometime between now and then, we'll find out the name, or on that day.. wouldn't see them saying "oh come ride our new ride winner, but sorry no name has been chosen yet!"
JC13

PhNx Survivor wrote:That's got to be a coincidence.. right, put it down on your calendar, phone, tablet, diary, pants, whatever! Saturday the 13th is the day!

Hopefully.. this means sometime between now and then, we'll find out the name, or on that day.. wouldn't see them saying "oh come ride our new ride winner, but sorry no name has been chosen yet!"
Why Saturday the 13th? I get that is when the winners are contacted, but why would that be the day it is announced? They’ve been building this up, releasing teasers at least once a week, saying prepare for something big, I think the announcement will be before 2018
Justin

As reported by the TowersTimes social team; Alton Towers have posted their final challenge for the resort's SW8 competition...
TowersTimes Facebook

The fifth and final SW8 challenge has been revealed by Alton Towers giving the last in a series of clues as part of a competition for guests to be among the first to experience the Resort’s new attraction when it opens next spring.

With all five challenges now released, could this mean we’ll be seeing the Resort make a larger reveal very soon?
On the forum, we invite you to discuss what these clues could mean, but first, let's take a look back over the five challenges. :)

Challenge 1
[youtube]sG3TCZ21lZ0[/youtube]
Challenge 2
[youtube]RFD1PrPwpwA[/youtube]
Challenge 3
[youtube]QzBUSKJriPw[/youtube]
Challenge 4
[youtube]oL_q8Y0EUSU[/youtube]
Challenge 5
[youtube]aoN1Rxi3l1g[/youtube]
PhNx Survivor

JC13 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:That's got to be a coincidence.. right, put it down on your calendar, phone, tablet, diary, pants, whatever! Saturday the 13th is the day!

Why Saturday the 13th? I get that is when the winners are contacted, but why would that be the day it is announced? They’ve been building this up, releasing teasers at least once a week, saying prepare for something big, I think the announcement will be before 2018
Like you said yourself, Saturday the 13th being the day the winners are contacted, I didnt say it will be the day it's announced, however I did say from now till then it will hopefully be announced or maybe it might be that day, I can't see it not being announced sometime soon but anything can happen.
jwewan

Just thought I'd post this here after not seeing it on the forum and seeing it on a group. The website PicSolve that do the photos for Alton Towers Rides, had the name 'The Wickerman' in the code of their website, confirming the name of SW8. It has since been removed and changed to 'SW8'. Here is a screenshot of the evidence, don't know how to interpret so it's a link to an imgur image. Thanks

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/iRAPlsA
dazza4783

jwewan wrote:Just thought I'd post this here after not seeing it on the forum and seeing it on a group. The website PicSolve that do the photos for Alton Towers Rides, had the name 'The Wickerman' in the code of their website, confirming the name of SW8. It has since been removed and changed to 'SW8'. Here is a screenshot of the evidence, don't know how to interpret so it's a link to an imgur image. Thanks

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/iRAPlsA
It's "Wicker Man" not "The Wickerman", although even with this latest "confirmation" there will be people that still refuse to believe it until Towers finally announce the ride themselves.
Dom

I think the cat is certainly out of the bag with the ride name, which is a shame, but nothing they can do about it i guess. I think its safe to say that Wicker Man will be the name of the ride given all the accidental slip ups with the name. I must admit i do quite like the name. 
Justin

It has certainly grown on me, even if I refused to believe it at first!
Bert

Same, I wasn't keen on the name or theme when I first heard about the initial leak, but since, it has grown on me too! I am actually quite happy they chose the 'Wicker Man' theme.
Last edited by Justin on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spelling & Grammar
[Insert Signature Here]
Dungeon-X-Smile

Justin wrote:It has certainly grown on me, even if I refused to believe it at first!
I agree with Justin. At first, I thought the name was only ok, but the more I see it, the more I love it. And I feel by this point that Wickerman is most certainly the name, otherwise why else would it be on their logo copyright? It's not like it's some sort tag line. 
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Looks like the full announcement will be on Monday 8th January, based on these blocks of wood sent to press...

Justin

This is very exciting. As expected, the marketing will be stepped up in the new year!

For those not in the know, the runes say 'FEED THE FLAMES'
Owen

Now... how many more times will it leak within the next 18 days? :-k