Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Coasterfellow

1.30 height restriction for a reasonably thrilling ride is the way to go. A ride that isn't too intense but is fast and exciting.
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
NemesisRider

But the intensity is what makes Nemmy great!!
RCandrew

But we're not talking about Nemesis we're talking about SW8..

I think if it was a hyper with a 1.3m height restriction it could have a tame theme, not scary or anything like th13teen, but so it actually appeals to a younger audience, but the ride itself could actually still be really intense and fast still perfect for thrill seekers like us :)
Sr88

I just hope it's a B&M thrill coaster, but as long as it is enjoyable.. :D
sw7nutter

I would be highly surprised if it was not from B&M. There were multiple interviews saying sw7 was from B&M which makes me think they were not ready with the new ride type and switched at the last minute to provide time to them to work out the errors.
stealthsmiler

Could that mean it is a worlds first. They weren't ready plus AT made a big deal of this worlds first element which was then a let down when it was just 14 inversions. If SW7's plans were pushed back and the Smiler came first, could it suggest the worlds first will be next??
Sr88

Yes, and them maybe not being ready with a new ride type, or something similar makes me excited! We can speculate about what it could be!! :D
sw7nutter

Not necessarily a worlds first but a B&M first. If it was delayed however a worlds first would be likely. Not sure what that could be as most stupid gimmicks have been done. Although B&M dont really do gimmicks so it will be intresting to see what they come up with.
Sr88

Maybe a world's first entirely underground coaster‽ (Has that already been done? I haven't checked).
NemesisRider

Hang on.

Whenever AT do a first of a coaster type, it usually gets beaten by an American coaster straight after it is finished. Look at Air and Blivvy, however good they are, America has done better ones. They are B and M's. If they made it like Nemmy with an amazing layout, it might just stand a chance in the polls and industry.
stealthsmiler

Well if they had given Air a better layout in the first place, it would have done well like Nemesis. Same with 13, if the part before the drop had been better, it would have been an amazing coaster. The only exception in my opinion is Oblivion as I like the emphasis on the drop, any more track would have detracted from it.
Alex

stealthsmiler wrote:Well if they had given Air a better layout in the first place, it would have done well like Nemesis. Same with 13, if the part before the drop had been better, it would have been an amazing coaster. The only exception in my opinion is Oblivion as I like the emphasis on the drop, any more track would have detracted from it.
If Air had got the theming that was orginally planned it would have been a lot better ride. It was going to look very similar to Manta with all the rockwork, waterfalls and fountains.
RCandrew

I think the problem is that because they have worlds first elements, a lot of money Is spent on that part.. For example oblivions hole, or thirteens drop.. So it leaves less money for the rest. That's why I'd like a European first again maybe, like Nemesis, so they know how it's done and can so it amazingly!
Alex

I've sait before but I would love a Mack launch through the Gloomy Wood area, it would be pretty similar to Helix due to the terrain and it would give a great ride without going above the height restriction due to the valley.
Sr88

RCandrew wrote:I think the problem is that because they have worlds first elements, a lot of money Is spent on that part.. For example oblivions hole, or thirteens drop.. So it leaves less money for the rest. That's why I'd like a European first again maybe, like Nemesis, so they know how it's done and can so it amazingly!
I completely agree. Even just a UK's first, as even then most people will not have been on it before.
sw7nutter

It doesnt even need to be a uks first. Nemisis Inferno is still a great ride and that has nothing special.
Sr88

sw7nutter wrote:It doesnt even need to be a uks first. Nemisis Inferno is still a great ride and that has nothing special.
I agree. As long as it is generally enjoyable ride. Rita was nothing really special, and although loads of people on here dislike it, it is very popular and loved by many people (including myself).
sw7nutter

I hate rita for lots of reasons. Rita is just the worst of both worlds. Its not a first and its not a good ride. Its not fastest or fun its just a pile of scrap metal with the worst theme going.
A first is not needed they just need to put time and effort into making a fun ride.
NemesisRider

Rita has bad theming because the theme was changed! It used to have theming like Stealth.

Everyone, just state who you want to build SW8.
stealthsmiler

I love Rita also, but then again, I love nearly all launch coasters.