Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Altontowersbarlow

i would love to see a  rollercoaster exactly like the broom stick one but very well themed but if not this ride i created would be good in the dark forest next to thirteen Ok so here is what my ride would be you see a building like thirteens station you enter and their is a soundtrack saying the story continues you sit on a circle shaped carrige and your taken into a room that is pitch black a video screen comes on and plays a little pre-show like the nemmesis story it would say something like taking over for years the rabid tangles of the dark forest have unleashed fear in explores hearts from the discovery of thirteens wrath and the fearsome escape of rita have always stayed unexplained. at this point  the room should turn completely dark and lights should flash in your face and voices should say secrets are never meant to be discovered suddenly your cart will start spining as the ride will basicly be an enclosed dark disko type ride but wilth vertical sections getting faster and faster and also moving back and forth as ive already explained like disko and instead of nemesis sub terra effects like a back poker tiny lights in the corner of the room should reveal insects scuttling and then complete darkness again as you hit the vertical section  on board effects should make you feel like you have insects crawling on your face meanwhile a huge hole in the wall should appear ( not visable to riders) this time your cart will travel all the way into the hole and the room will go black again as you are launched to the top of a huge vertical section you are held vertical and then the lights quickly snap back on to reveal a wraith right in your face shoot out of the wall and as the lights snap off quickly you fall all the way back down the vertical section while spinning and then back into the station still screaming (hopefully) please share your view thank you 
Danny

I'd love to see a 4 dimensional coaster, they are very rare in England and would love to experiance one
themealgang

I would not be surprised if Alton were to dismiss inversions completely when it comes to SW8's layout and design, as its more than likely The Smiler will still hold its world record whenever this new attraction is set to be built.

I would love the cross valley idea become a reality- possibly based around the B&M Hyper coaster design. The feeling of rushing through the trees would just be brilliant harnessed in B&M's incredible hyper coaster restraints. Add a silly gimmick, and SW8 would be another winner.

However, the dream would be a woodie. Who knows? By the time 2019 rolls in, wood may just be back on the cards as times change. With RMC innovating wood at an incredible rate, the market is shifting. But I would settle for a B&M cross valley any day!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
andywhit

wood is good
dylan.tempelaars

wood is bad
some people call me insane, you are right!
Altontowersbarlow

I agree wood is so unatractive and hard to theme  :D
stu1980

daboywunda wrote: If I remember rightly, weren't there signs up at The Flume at some point in 2011 / 2012 stating that an incoming Secret Weapon was being developed and threatened the Flume's very existence? But then, they completely disappeared and we got the notification of Black Hole's replacement instead...

Could it be that the real plans for SW7 were for a replacement for The Flume but had to be leap-frogged in favour of the BH replacement instead (Much like, as already stated, how Oblivion leap-frogged Air)? Would also fit in with the MTDP stating that the Flume is coming to the end of it's life...
The signs are still there well they was in Feb half term
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
Altontowersbarlow

That all sounds very exiting lol :D
Owen

A source has risen that The Smiler WAS NOT planned to be Secret wepon 7 it was planned for SW8 whereas a B&M was definitely planed for air car park... :sus:

Quote the smiler construction topic- roodlesnouter-11. It was indeed a late edition, SW7 was planned for air car park but B&M not ready

He says a trust worthy source said this to him along some other interesting information to do with the park... :shock:

Do I hear a bug or is this genuine... :?

Thoughts
Last edited by Owen on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AltonTowerfanatic

So do you think they will build one? I was thinking it could link in the the swarm! Swarm: no survivors. If you will. Much like how nemesis inferno is linked will nemesis. The swarm is a creature come to destroy earth so it being at alton towers could be it spreading across the country, taking over. Hence no survivors. I think it will perfectly fit in the story line and create extra and better theme for both thorpe and alton. It could go in the air car park as it will fit in perfectly with the areas theming. I really hope they do as I love the swarm and it story line, it the only ride In Which thorpe park comes out on top on. It could even start unground so it can get extra height and speed due to altons strick planning permission, I'm sure that will be a first and the reason could be at that's how the swarm traveld there! Like another mutation in which it can now travel underground where we can't see it! It could also dive unde water into a tunnel haha and the same water can be used for air as many people want air to skim water haha and I'm sure that will be new and amazing!!! I have so many more ideas and details on this but it's too long as it is haha  God I would love to design coasters for alton towers!!
I'm ready to Smile!
clayj

I don't know if it is true or not but it annoys me (no offence) when one person quotes someone else to add vadility to a rumour by increasing it to highly likely and creating a new topic rather then commentinbon existing comment where the runour was origionally postedetc

Personally, I think a wing rider would take up too much of a footprint for Alton Towers as a launched coaster and they are still massive with a lift hill. They only place they could put a lift hill worthy of any circuit would be across the valley but the sound issues with B&M box track would be immense whilst reverberating around the valley. So for them reasons I'm pretty confident we won't see a wing rider in its current form at the towers
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Benjsh

3 B&M's is probably sufficient for the moment I'd say. Without a doubt they will return with a new coaster at the Towers eventually but I don't see it being any time soon. And I just don't see AT ever gettting a wing rider. It would totally take the emphasis off the Swarm.

And it's good to add some variety. Just look at what Gerstlauer looked to have achieved with the Smiler. Although it's not finished yet, I think it's going to be a huge huge success.

It's very difficult to gage what the next SW will be. The height restrictions for one. The Smiler is all about Inversions so you'd assume they'd steer clear of a multi inverting coaster for the next project. They already have a launched coaster and vertical drop coaster.

I personally really miss the Black Hole so I'd love to see the Park bring back a similar concept ride but with a better ride system and better theming / back story. With the poor weather we have in UK, a top notch indoor coaster is always going to be a winner.
Danny

AltonTowerfanatic wrote: I think it will perfectly fit in the story line and create extra and better theme for both thorpe and alton. It could go in the air car park as it will fit in perfectly with the areas theming.
Somehow, I can't see a second coming of the Swarm fitting so snug next to Air's "calm oasis" style theme [yes, I know Air is supposed to be in a valley hosting a devastating monster, but there's only so much theme contrast any person can take ;)]
Henry

I think a B&M for the Air carpark could happen but more likely to be an Intamin or Mack, if we can't have a B&M, I want an Intamin ground hugging accelerator coaster with inversions or a LSM/LIM launch one, but both with inversions.

If it was a B&M, what ride type could we have,

Sitting-Might be too tall unless it was compact like the Smiler should be
Floorless-Might be too tall again, unless it was compact like the Smiler.
Stand-up- Maybe?
Hyper-Too tall for the air carpark.
Inverted-Got one.
Flying-Got one.
Dive-Got one.
Wing-Thorpe have one and Alton might not want to take the shine of the Swarm away.

You never know, we might even get a bobsled coaster.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Benjsh

What about a Motorbike Launch type coaster? They are pretty fun and it's something that not many parks have.

But not just your sterotypical one. Being Alton Towers they'd have to make it The tallest, fastest or maybe even the first one with inversions if it's even possible to do that with new restraints. And with plenty of theming elements and a great back story I think that could work well in that space. Doesn't even have to be a motorbike either. Could theme the cars to be anything really, something that would fit in that space next to Air.

I just can't see anything that B&M are currently building, that AT don't already have, that would work due to restrictions.
Benji

Henry wrote: I think a B&M for the Air carpark could happen but more likely to be an Intamin or Mack, if we can't have a B&M, I want an Intamin ground hugging accelerator coaster with inversions or a LSM/LIM launch one, but both with inversions.

If it was a B&M, what ride type could we have,

Sitting-Might be too tall unless it was compact like the Smiler should be
Floorless-Might be too tall again, unless it was compact like the Smiler.
Stand-up- Maybe?
Hyper-Too tall for the air carpark.
Inverted-Got one.
Flying-Got one.
Dive-Got one.
Wing-Thorpe have one and Alton might not want to take the shine of the Swarm away.

You never know, we might even get a bobsled coaster.
I think out of them, a stand up seems like a fairly good idea. It would give a new coaster type and a different ride experience for guests. To be honest, I really want to ride a B&M stand-up, never been on one. Only shock wave at Drayton Manor and that's not the most emersive layout..

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
JaykeAT

Well something like a hyper in the Air car park was rumoured way before The smiler's planning permission went to the council so I would expect to see this as SW8
clayj

JaykeAT wrote: Well something like a hyper in the Air car park was rumoured way before The smiler's planning permission went to the council so I would expect to see this as SW8
Hyper = 200FT

200ft coaster @AT = unlikely due to cost of digging Oblivion's (40-50ft) hole and trees in that section no where near tall enough.

Sorry to be a kill joy, but I just can't see a hyper at AT..... Unless, they utilise the vally as per Woody plans
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
DavidA

Oblivions Hole i more like 120ft deep.
Tom G

Who wants a lumbering and boring latter-day B&M? Unless they're going to show bravery with elements such as Nemesis helix again, I'd rather they didn't bother. They layouts of the past decade have been largely snooze-inducing.