Quick Questions 2012

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Johno

Really? As in not even for a cheap nights sleep?
James

I'm around 6ft tall and the bunk beds are near enough impossible to sleep in. It's doable, but is by far not comfy in any way possible (n terms of that you can't really relax). If you have a room with the pull out bed you can easily have four 19 year olds in the room. What I usually do with my friends when booking a hotel room I call Alton up to book it and ask for a room with a pull out bed.

If you want to sneak in a few other people into one room to sleep the floor is quite comfy to sleep on too. Very comfy in fact (beware, this is coming from someone who has slept on concrete floors). 
lozzyhickers

Yeah, honestly. I was only about 5ft 4 or 5in when I grew out of them. I tried to sit on bottom bunk last time I went, and I couldn't even sit up in it.
----reece----

Can anybody tell me about febuary half term ??
Do annual pass get hour in the park before others??
How busy is it usually id be going on monday 13th...??
And what rides will be open and que times roughly ? :)

Thanks alot
thefatone

Yes - the website: http://www.altontowers.com/events/feb-half-term/

No ERT (no extra hour) in feb half term. That appears when the park opens fully. Park is quiet midweek, you'll get on everything at least once.
Rollercoasters4Life

Can someone who has just a Alton Towers Annual Pass tell me what type of pass it says above their name and expiry date - Mines says 'PREMIUM MERLIN ANNUAL PASS' but its just a Premium Alton Towers Annual pass and I just wondered if everyone else with just a Alton Towers Annual pass has the same thing on as my old one had Alton Towers Annual Pass write on it not Merlin Annual Pass.

Thanks in advanced.
djtruefitt

My Premium Alton pass that I got last March says "PREMIUM ALTON PASS" (although part of PASS is covered by my photo) across the top of it, with no mention of Merlin. I now have a premium merlin pass and the main difference in the two passes is that the Merlin one has a box for you to sign where as the Alton one doesnt, and the terms on the Alton pass have a purple packground, where as the ones on the Merlin pass just have a white background.

When did you buy your pass?
Rollercoasters4Life

djtruefitt wrote: My Premium Alton pass that I got last March says "PREMIUM ALTON PASS" (although part of PASS is covered by my photo) across the top of it, with no mention of Merlin. I now have a premium merlin pass and the main difference in the two passes is that the Merlin one has a box for you to sign where as the Alton one doesnt, and the terms on the Alton pass have a purple packground, where as the ones on the Merlin pass just have a white background.

When did you buy your pass?
EDIT: Card shown below

It was a renewal from my last pass (last one was just a normal Alton Towers pass as premium didn't come in till January 2011) and I renewed it on 6th of November. Below is a description of the card for you:

On the front it has the barcode at the top then the words 'PREMIUM MERLIN ANNUAL PASS' (with the Premium part being in bluish writing) then my name and photo and then the expiry date. Under that it says the usual 'For use only by above name & photographed holder. Misuse will result in card being withheld' all of the above is in the white area of the card. Then in the bottom blue-ish/purple-ish strip it says 'This pass is valid until shown expiry date for use only by the above named photographed holder. It permits access to the Alton Towers Theme Park during opening hours only and must be presented at entrance to gain admission. Not valid on Concert dates. Please check www.altontowers.com before your visit for opening hours and full terms & conditions.' It then has little black writing that is hard to see because of the background and in the bottom right corner it says 'STANDARD PARKING INCLUDED'. On the back it has a white strip running down the left from top to bottom and says 'PREMIUM' and at the bottom it says 'ANNUAL PASS' followed on the right with the Alton Towers logo. The image is the escape to Alton Towers advertisement image.

Is yours like this? When I got mine renewed the bloke had put the wrong expiry date on it so I had to go back and he had to reprint the card - which is the one I have now with the right date on it. The incorrectly dated card looked different to this one. For one it was laided out different and had different sized font and it also included a valid from date on it (just like my old annual pass) but this one has no valid from date on it.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
thefatone

Think they must've accidently written/printed off a merlin annual pass?

That's not normal - but hey ho, gives you what you want... access to towers.
Crumpet Muncher

Re: hotel beds

I stayed in the hotel last week, there were two of us and we were the only paying guests in the whole hotel, very surreal. Naturally it was a trip to the Uttoxeter off license and then an evening of Alton towers promotional TV screens.

Our room had the double bed and a bunk bed. I'm getting on for 6ft and was in the bunk bed up on top. I personally didn't find them a problem, guess it depends how you sleep!

We also got a midnight tour of all of the themed bedrooms, and whilst you might need a mortgage to stay in one, it's definitely worth a look into if there's gunna be loads of you, they're huge and sleep 6 officially but you could easily get 12 in! Splish splash room my personal favourite ;)
djtruefitt

It does seem they have printed your annual pass wrong. The front with the Alton image is all correct and the same as my Alton pass, however the back is a mixture of my alton and Merlin pass. The bottom terms is the same as a Alton pass, but the position of the photo, text and red expired text is whats on a Merlin pass.

Next time you are there you can probably get them to reprint it, could always try and blag a Merlin pass :P However im guessing their system will tell them you only payed for a Alton one.

I need to take my Merlin pass back as they got my date of birth wrong on it.
Rollercoasters4Life

Next time I am going will be 16th February I think so I will go in and ask - I am guessing the Box office bit will be open during February half term? Can't see why not.

Cheers djtruefitt! :D
Longy

Have AT got a new logo, or a slightly altered logo?
The bolts were not on here last season.
The image is off AT's Twitter account, so it is official.
James

The bolts were used on internal brand images during the 2011 season, mainly in the resort hotels and waterpark, it's nothing new.
----reece----

Can someone tell me why spinball only runs with 3 people in a car whilst it rains ? Iv neever known why? And why build a coaster like that in the uk ?!?!
Voke

----reece---- wrote: Can someone tell me why spinball only runs with 3 people in a car whilst it rains ? Iv neever known why? And why build a coaster like that in the uk ?!?!
From what I've heard, having 4 people per car while the track is wet is a safety concern. I believe the weight needs to be cut down in such weather conditions. It's great for the Single Rider Queue though!  :P
thefatone

Yeah maximum weight issues during wet weather conditions. They didn't always exist, hence why it was built in the first place.

Quite a lot of spinning mouseys have this restriction - fury at chessington, and twister at lightwater being two examples.
xTiax

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I just didn't know where to put it!
I know this is probably a long shot but thought I might aswell try!

Me and the bf came here August last year and he saw a teddy that he wanted. Literally spent all of his money trying to win it and still didn't get it! I have been looking all over the internet in hope that someone might be selling it but no luck. Was just wondering if anyone knew if there is a website you can buy the teddies off? It was a gothic kind of teddy on that strength meter game! Thank you for your help. :)
Boz

if somone on here can tell you who the supplier is you might be able to search the company online
having never got anything myself i can't tell you who its is, however even with that information the company may not deal directly with the GP, but nothing ventured i suppose

as i can't be of more help i'll just make a suggestion that you take somone a bit stronger next time :lol:
Adam

Assuming you don't mean the official Alton Towers bears (which can be purchased from: http://www.altontowers.com/online-gifts/#PerfectGifts )... The ones on the games around park are bought in through an external company called HB Leisure. I can only suggest contacting them. But as park is closed at the moment I think you'd have to wait until the season starts.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."