Thanks!

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Joel

Sam wrote: It's good we have thanks back, but I won't be using it due to it refreshing the page. It just takes too long. :(
I probably will get round to AJAX-ing it, but I haven't the time at the moment or for the next few days. It's on the to-do list though.
longy0151

Thanks for the thanks.  :?
Look how many thanks the first post has!
Jordan

Cool implementation. :)

Just wondering, how does this work for username changes in the future? Would the username be updated if someone gets renamed?

Also, is it possible to add a thanks count for the post next to the button? (Assuming it would just be an array size?)
Joel

Jordan wrote: Just wondering, how does this work for username changes in the future? Would the username be updated if someone gets renamed?

No, the thanks array for each post just stores the current username, as looking up user IDs for each thanks would be a waste of resources in comparison to the very few (less than 5 this year) username changes that occur. Likewise if a account is deleted, the thanks would remain.
Jordan wrote:
Also, is it possible to add a thanks count for the post next to the button? (Assuming it would just be an array size?)
It is possible, but having the quantity of thanks on clear display is not really in keeping with the effort to be moving away from people using thanks as a status tool rather than its intended function of saving posts/effort to add your support for a users' post, which of course is the most important aspect - those names who have supported your post rather than how many, so it's unlikely to be added at this time :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk