TowersTimes Forum Software Update - 20/11/2011

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Craig

Just to add my thanks to Joel.  My part in this was very, very small (mainly me moaning at Joel and asking him stuff :P) so the thanks need to go his way!

As we've mentioned before, not everyone likes change and it can be difficult, but a lot of time has been spent making things as similar as possible.  There's still some work to be done in the background by both Joel and moi, the main aim was to get the forum back online and we could tweak as this week goes on.

So thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming.  Please don't think we're ignoring stuff in here over the coming days though, the old day jobs have kicked back in for us all and so time is short to fix any issues.  Bottom line is at present we have a working forum, which so far appears to be much better (for me anyway!) in terms of performance and far more stable for the long term too :).
DiogoJ42

I have a question: Is it (or could it be) possible to "ignore" a whole topic? So that topics you have no interest in stop showing up in the "new posts" search?

Obviously it's hardly a major concern right now. I know you guys are still working hard on more important tweaks. I was just wondering out loud. :)
Big Dave

Open your options (http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/profile/) click "Ignore board options". Not sure if thats what you are after but seems like it.
DiogoJ42

Almost... That seems to be for ignoring entire sub-forums, rather than an individual topic.
.Will

Just something I have noticed, the green font here for the moderators is not at all legible. Could it maybe be changed to a darker green? I know I am clutching at straws here but it is the only thing that is bugging me ... Sorry Joel.

:P
Blaze

I'm really warming to the new TTF now, and I've had no problems with speed or reliability, so it's all good.

Cheers!
Craig

.Will wrote: Just something I have noticed, the green font here for the moderators is not at all legible. Could it maybe be changed to a darker green? I know I am clutching at straws here but it is the only thing that is bugging me ... Sorry Joel.

:P
Done.  Although it's never going to be massively clear on that colour as a background!
.Will

Thank you Craig, it was a tad eye straining before.

:)
John

Very minor request here, but is it possible to increase the number of posts displayed in the shoutbox?
captain

Fully concur with John. The new forum is definitely faster, thanks! Now I just need to work out how to get an incredible title under my name! :P
[align=center]Santa Clara[/align]
Craig

John wrote: Very minor request here, but is it possible to increase the number of posts displayed in the shoutbox?
Moved from 20 to 35, see how that goes :)
DiogoJ42

The shoutbox doesn't seem to like various formatting codes such as italics etc.
siralgenon

Hey Joel, for some reason my Avatar isn't working, but it was the other day after the change over and I haven't changed it over?  :?

Chris W

siralgenon wrote: Hey Joel, for some reason my Avatar isn't working, but it was the other day after the change over and I haven't changed it over?  :?

Has it disappeared since you updated your signature/profile? When you update your signature the forum deletes your avatar.
Last edited by Chris W on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siralgenon

Chris wrote:
siralgenon wrote: Hey Joel, for some reason my Avatar isn't working, but it was the other day after the change over and I haven't changed it over?  :?

Has it disappeared since you updated your signature/profile? When you update your signature the forum deletes your avatar.
Yes, but it won't go back when I try and upload it again? :)
Craig

Can you pm me the url for your avatar and I'll see what I can do :)
mrbrightside

Traffic Boost posts currently don't need approval :)
ImageImage
DiogoJ42

Dunno if this is just me, (quite possible) but the "update" button in the shoutbox seems to do nothing on my iPad, requiering the whole page to be refreshed.... and a twenty minute wait to see if anyone's posted or not.
CoasterCrazyChris

Is there any way of getting unread posts colour coded?
Big Dave

They are aren't they. Unread posts have their own colours on the index page and great big "new" symbol on all the other pages.