Irkoo (Thanks system)

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
.Will

Are there no other providers like Irkoo where we can just start a new thank system with them and lump on our existing thanks count?

This has probably already been asked, so I'm sorry in advance.

:)
DiogoJ42

I think the problem there is that we have no record of people's count, so it would be starting from scratch anyway.
Wilt

Joel wrote:
Wilt wrote: SMF has a built in 'karma' system, does it not?

The added reputation isn't attributed to a particular post like the thanks system, but each user has their own karma score...
It does, but it kinda defeats the obvious point of people wanting to "thank" a particular post in order to show support for it without having to actually post to say so.
Of course, but since you're already going to be developing your own thanks system, then surely you could also run a query that increments the karma count of the user on the built in system... Minimum effort and no core code changes.
Big Dave

If we get anything at all that will be awesome. The very fact that none of us have to pay for this forum means that anything we do get we should be grateful for.
Islander

^Very true, however the fact that none of us pay for this forum does not mean that none of us can make suggestions. Don't see that most people on here are doing anything more than that :)
Big Dave

Yeah and thats fine, but I do feel that sometimes we are far too demanding and almost make out that we have a right to such a feature. The fact is that we dont and yes we can make suggestions and recommendations, but at the end of the day, if the team choose to or not to do something, that is their choice!
Islander

Of course it is, but again I must disagree, most people on here really aren't being demanding.

There's demanding that features are installed, regardless of their effect on the forum or team members' workload, and then there's pouring tonnes and tonnes of praise onto the team, and not daring to say anything even remotely negative sounding, including making any suggestions. Neither of those are right IMO, and instead we should be very grateful, but at the same time feel free to make any suggestions (that may or may not go anywhere) :)

As it happens, I don't actually think any of the team ever seem to take badly to suggestions, it's normally other members entirely.

(Definitely not singling you out here, Dave - a fair few others have made similar comments to yours above)
Last edited by Islander on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

Just like the Spartans, my 300 have gone.  :cry:
captain

Wish I could thank Islander's posts.
[align=center]Santa Clara[/align]
Mi-Nigle

I much prefer the idea of no thanks count. If ever I don't have much time and just want to scan a topic, I tend to quickly scroll through the posts and read the ones with thanks, they tend to be the more helpful contributions and I can get the gist of a topic. That's all I ever used it for, I've no idea who had a high counts and who didn't.

That's not to say I don't read other people's posts, it's just if I'm quickly scanning.

Like other people have said, a count doesn't really serve much purpose other than something to collect. A high count almost stands for nothing since there is no distinction between a thanks for lolz, or a thanks for that interesting contribution.