NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
AT TeeJay

Woo actually can't wait for this ride the tie in with Nemesis is AMAZING THANK YOU MERLIN AND ALTON
---- You\'d Better Not Go Alone ---
herewegoagain

So pleased with herself for predicting it will be about the exploration of Nemesis - little self gloat there from the newbie :P
To be honest, I'm so glad they've done it like this as it was what I was hoping for. Like many others I'm not too fussed about the nitty gritty of the ride - it'll just be nice to have another ride to look forward to next year! Along with The Swarm at Thorpe I'm very excited for 2012!
Really?
Jiminy Cricket

Im Hoping that Nemesis Que line has the original story line playing and a new spin off playing though the 2012 ride, i just hope we cant see anything corrugated i think they could really make this look good like a collapsed mine or something
moog666

Wonder if a tall person could take construction shots over the fence by using one of the sandstone slabs to gain a bit of height.

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
RyanY

I hope they use the nemsis soundtrack for this ride then there would be 2 rides with that amazing music. Also the part of the soundtrack they used on the video was amazing it really works.
AshleeK

[quote=""ryanyoxall""]I hope they use the nemsis soundtrack for this ride then there would be 2 rides with that amazing music. Also the part of the soundtrack they used on the video was amazing it really works.[/quote]

If they don't use the exact Nemesis theme music, they'll at least use a remixed soundtrack. Nemesis' theme tune is one of the more recognisable music pieces at the park, so it would be an odd move and a disappointment if they were to leave it out. But seeing as they've gone so far as to dig up the original Nemesis story video from the nineties, it's fairly likely that they'll be using the soundtrack.
corkscru74

I know I've been saying this ride is different enough from Nemesis that even if the name remains as it is the ride will still be distinguishable from the original but....I do think the ride needs its own music to help it stand out. Nothing too different, in fact a remix of the original's tune would be fine, but just something to set it apart aurally from it's bigger brother.
Corky
TTF\'s Unofficial Marketing Guru
Being way too fond of his own opinion since 1983
.Will

[quote=""moog666""]Wonder if a tall person could take construction shots over the fence by using one of the sandstone slabs to gain a bit of height.[/quote]

Or a really small person in the red circle?

;)
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

[quote=""ryanyoxall""]I hope they use the nemsis soundtrack for this ride then there would be 2 rides with that amazing music. Also the part of the soundtrack they used on the video was amazing it really works.[/quote]

I think it will be a slightly modified theme, similar to the slow Nemmy theme on the teaser trailer.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
cookiee_munster

well well well, it just seems to get better. i praise the designers for actually building on a theme than just placing a new ride that "looks" similar to its surroundings. very very pleased with this, also everyone seems a lot more positive. so great!

one question, is that the final name for the attraction? its a bit mouthy?
adsyrah

[quote=""cookiee_munster""]one question, is that the final name for the attraction? its a bit mouthy?[/quote]

The jury's out.

I think it's just a rhetorical question to pique interest and let people know there's a Nemesis-themed ride coming next year.

My money's on the ride being called Catacombs (as someone mentioned *months* ago).

Have to say - Nathan has proven to be bang on the money with his posts so far. I've got it in my head he was first to mention lifts, something going wrong and 'catacombs'.
Dormiens-Dave

[quote=""moog666""]Wonder if a tall person could take construction shots over the fence by using one of the sandstone slabs to gain a bit of height.[/quote]

I really doubt there will be much construction before the end of the season as the thing doesn't have planning permission yet. If anything we will just see land clearing and maybe some early excavation.
Blaze

Sigh, makes me realise how fickle some people are. 24 hours ago they were complaining about the ride, saying it was a waste, going to be crap etc. Fastforward one video and banner and it's suddenly become the best thing ever.

Annnyyyyhhhoooo
In terms of the story of the ride, what I think, or hope, the story will be is basically along the lines of Raptor Attack and other Alton rides. The setting will probably be on the lines of them finding something to do with Nemesis underground, a nest of baby ones, the monster infecting something or expanding underground, that sort of stuff, and guests are allowed down to go see it by taking the lfit down and taking a seat on the tower, which is some sort of viewing platform designed to keep you safe. Then something happens, the monster attacks or whatever, and the machinery has to violently move around to keep you safe while all sorts of things happen, I'm expecting fire and stuff, before eventually it gives in or you beat it back and leave again.

I'm pretty confident that they'll pull it off, I can't see them using Nemesis' name lightly.
cookiee_munster

[quote=""adsyrah""][quote=""cookiee_munster""]My money's on the ride being called Catacombs (as someone mentioned *months* ago).

Have to say - Nathan has proven to be bang on the money with his posts so far. I've got it in my head he was first to mention lifts, something going wrong and 'catacombs'.[/quote][/quote]

well thank gawwwd for that. catacombs does sound better, i think "descent" has more of a ring to it.
Blaze

Catacombs is a better name I think. More mysterious. If they Call It Nemesis: What Lies WIthin then they've given half the game away.
Jiminy Cricket

[quote="Blaze"]Sigh, makes me realise how fickle some people are. 24 hours ago they were complaining about the ride, saying it was a waste, going to be crap etc. Fastforward one video and banner and it's suddenly become the best thing ever.

You cant polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter!
Nightfall

[quote=""Blaze""]Sigh, makes me realise how fickle some people are. 24 hours ago they were complaining about the ride, saying it was a waste, going to be crap etc. Fastforward one video and banner and it's suddenly become the best thing ever.[/quote] Slight correction: different people where complaining about different things to those now calling it the best thing ever.

Those of us who think the ride mechanism isn't very good still haven’t changed in that opinion. However we where only complaining about one part of the ride. Now that we know the rough theme we're discussing that part of the ride which is proving allot more popular. Don't worry we'll go back to moaning about the ride type at least 10 more times before March just like the SW6 topic kept going around in circles :roll:

[quote=""Blaze""]Annnyyyyhhhoooo
In terms of the story of the ride, what I think, or hope, the story will be is basically along the lines of Raptor Attack and other Alton rides. The setting will probably be on the lines of them finding something to do with Nemesis underground, a nest of baby ones, the monster infecting something or expanding underground, that sort of stuff, and guests are allowed down to go see it by taking the lfit down and taking a seat on the tower, which is some sort of viewing platform designed to keep you safe. Then something happens, the monster attacks or whatever, and the machinery has to violently move around to keep you safe while all sorts of things happen, I'm expecting fire and stuff, before eventually it gives in or you beat it back and leave again.

I'm pretty confident that they'll pull it off, I can't see them using Nemesis' name lightly.[/quote] Sounds good I'll buy a story like that.

[quote=""cookiee_munster""]My money's on the ride being called Catacombs (as someone mentioned *months* ago).[/quote] Project: Catacombs was rumoured to be the rides project name so is unlikely to be the real name. It's not unheard of though.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Blaze

I still think once Thorpe loses it's licencing deal with Saw they should rename the ride Dylan. :P
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

^ Instantly, one of my favourite TTF posts.

Of course, statues of Dylan the cat are outside the ride.

I'm still thinking the name Catacombs.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.