NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Voke

It's great to hear that The Stag will be making a welcomed return to the Sub-Terra site during Half-Term t keep us occupied. This and actors really will make it an advertising campaign to remember. So much work for a Medium Sized attraction. Brilliant! :)

Really hope they keep The Stag throughout the main season though, it'll add so much to the theming!
AstroDan

I can't see them not - if they have it, then they'll use it!

:)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
King Nemesis

Well the tweet did say "whilst area is under Phalanx control" which would mean while the ride is still there because the ride will be the Phalanx Facility
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

My only niggle about the tank is that it may just be there for opening day like they did with TH13TEEN. I hope it won't be like this, as it will increase FV's theme, and overall feel when you enter.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
.Will

I very much doubt it will be there all season, the vehicle type (BRDM-2) it is in very nice condition almost collection worthy.

I wonder if someone has let them borrow it, the 'tank' at Thorpe though I presume is owned by Merlin as they have placed that God awful turret on it and painted down the side.

The logo on AT's APC is just a transfer it will peel off.
Dormiens-Dave

If the tank is owned by Towers i imagine it will stay, its a neat piece of theming and the building might not be as bulky as the origional plans showed ;) so there might be space for it, if it isn't owned by Towers then it wont.

There's been an old military vehicle dumped on the coaster corner car park all year, is this that or something else? Would be nice if they used that for theming so we could have some more parking spaces!
Tom G

I've just heard that Tony Robinson's Time Team programme will be making an appearance at the excavated site on 30 February.
Dormiens-Dave

i think the old tank is from the area Fish and chips near air is now. There used to be an old tank there.
Jon

The above perfectly illustrates my point if that's to remain as permanent themeing - fantastic.

No the areas aren't the same, they just need to differentiate themselves clearly. It just comes down to imaginative idiosyncratic themeing that just plain works.
Formerly "Dagoo"
djtruefitt

Just posted on Twitter:

"Phalanx Control
The Phalanx have ordered the Stag to protect the Research Facility - new image received #sub_terra"

Shows that they have updated the banners on the side of the construction site.
Last edited by djtruefitt on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dobba

I could be wrong but haven't those graphics on the side been added since it's cameo at the construction site during Scarefest?
Adam

No. They are the new style added a few days ago with the new tagline: Located Beneath Forbidden Valley... Your Worst Nightmare Underground...
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Dobba

My mistake, didn't make it clear enough in my previous post. I meant on the side of the "Stag"
James

Dobba wrote: I could be wrong but haven't those graphics on the side been added since it's cameo at the construction site during Scarefest?

Looking at this picture taken at the end of last season it seems the Stag has had a complete makeover. The image released on the Phalanx Control Twitter feed seems to show the Stag with a different paint job and new graphics on the sides.
Voke

It's great to see The Stag finally back at the Park after what looks like a spruce up.

Really hope that it's a permanent theming feature for Sub-Terra though, as it's little things like this that add to the whole ride experience/atmosphere! Nice to see that they've updated the graphics on the construction walls aswell. Alton seem to going all out on this one, while still maintaining a high level of mystery. Brilliant! :)
Longy

James wrote:
Dobba wrote: I could be wrong but haven't those graphics on the side been added since it's cameo at the construction site during Scarefest?

Looking at this picture taken at the end of last season it seems the Stag has had a complete makeover. The image released on the Phalanx Control Twitter feed seems to show the Stag with a different paint job and new graphics on the sides.
Indeed it has. It has become a tank! :P

The marketing is good on Sub Terra, and it's the little things like this that make it good.
Let's hope that The Stag stays there.

I'm glad they've updated the signs as well, as I thought they were too lazy to update it.
CoasterCrazyChris

So the Stag has returned to the area after a complete overhaul and will become a permanent theming feature?

And the tank they used last season by the construction walls was one they hired?
Dobba

PhalanxControl
The Phalanx have detected a large number of civilians trying to access the site today- notably cameras being raised over the perimeter.

:lol:
Longy

PhalanxControl
Any civilian images obtained this weekend must be submitted on here - The Phalanx will redistribute a selection. #sub_terra

Get sending your pictures to them if you've been today.

I wonder what they're going to do with them...
Could it be some sort of fake security camera images?