NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
CoasterMac

Oh dear me. I have been so bloody exited about this since the beginning, but now I don't think I will be able to ride.

Bit of a pansy when it comes to dark scary effects.

Was pretty close to tears when I first rode Raptor Attack  :nervious:
djtruefitt

Im loving the new advert, it starts off very fun and Alton Towers like, and then it goes all scary. Certainly gave me shivers the first time I saw it. Im also liking the fact that it really doesnt show anything about the ride. No ride shots or anything. So you will only know what happens when you get on the ride.
Dormiens-Dave

ponder wrote: I think the advert is quite disappointing, after the standard set by The Swarm's ad. Presumably there were quite big budget differences between Thorpe and Alton's advertising though, especially as Alton have produced two adverts this year.
Are you looking at the same advert i am? Its very well made and well up to the standard of Thorpe. The difference is Thorpes ad has gone for a gritty realism where as Towers have gone for a quirky take. Each style fits each park perfectly.
AstroDan

ponder wrote: I think the advert is quite disappointing, after the standard set by The Swarm's ad. Presumably there were quite big budget differences between Thorpe and Alton's advertising though, especially as Alton have produced two adverts this year.
The advert is great. Not quite sure what you were expecting. For an small, enclosed dark ride - it sets the scene really well...? Swarm is a coaster with an entirely different theme?

Alton Towers have been producing great adverts since 1992, with exception to some rubbish around 2005/6/7.
MattH

I like the advert for the ride, it really suits it without giving too much away, I can applaud Merlin for their marketing sometimes, I also like how it shows the other side to the Ice Age 4D advert, it pretty much says "You've seen what we have above ground, it is all nice and fluffy, wait till you see what we have underground for you though!"

I think it really doesnt give too much away on the ride, which is an excellent touch.

I think I'm gonna be pleasantly surprised by this ride!
nemesisrocks!

Just seen the ad again between parts of Skins:')
Reckless And Relentless - Asking Alexandria
AWTSW90

I do wish Alton would pick a style and stick with it occasionally, it seems like it's a whole new brand every year! However of recent marketing, this years is my favourite. Really don't see how it looks in any way cheap, I think it's really quite inventive and the two adverts tie together really well!
ponder

AstwoDan wrote:
The advert is great. Not quite sure what you were expecting. For an small, enclosed dark ride - it sets the scene really well...? Swarm is a coaster with an entirely different theme?

Alton Towers have been producing great adverts since 1992, with exception to some rubbish around 2005/6/7.
I'm just saying that The Swarm ad raised the bar really high. It's so big and cinematic. Like I say, clearly massive differences in advertising budget between a small investment and a £20 mil coaster, that's all :)

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
Johno

ponder wrote:
AstwoDan wrote:

I'm just saying that The Swarm ad raised the bar really high. It's so big and cinematic. Like I say, clearly massive differences in advertising budget between a small investment and a £20 mil coaster, that's all :)
You couldn't advertise this ride in a  similar way to the cinematic Swarm trailer. Maybe next year for SW7 we'll see something on that huge scale.
Dormiens-Dave

ponder wrote:
The trouble you have with this argument is that The Swarm is a big cinematic ride, as generally speaking are most rollercoasters. Sub-Terra is i guess meant to be more claustrophobic (and a little camp) and a similar style of advert wouldn't really work. For a start the only way to achieve that would be to reveal much more about the contents of the ride which the Th13teen advert proved is not a good idea for this type of attraction.

SW7 will probably have a much more dramatic advert as it will be a much more dramatic ride but i hope it doesn;t just carbon copy The Swarm ad, Towers have a more quirky way of working when they do things right and i think that suits the park better than the gritty hard-edge that Thorpe goes for.
Blaze

Someone in the marketing department has been watching Alien. Loving the use of the egg and the homage to Alien's advert.

Think the advert starts badly, those girls are pointlessly creepy, but after that it's really rather good.
ponder

Dormiens-Dave wrote:
ponder wrote:
The trouble you have with this argument is that The Swarm is a big cinematic ride, as generally speaking are most rollercoasters. Sub-Terra is i guess meant to be more claustrophobic (and a little camp) and a similar style of advert wouldn't really work. For a start the only way to achieve that would be to reveal much more about the contents of the ride which the Th13teen advert proved is not a good idea for this type of attraction.
It's not so much an argument as an observation, and the Nemesis eye looks really tacky, the girl whispering is a bit cringey too. If it'd actually had the atmosphere of Alien as Blaze mentions, then it could've been awesome, but to me it just looks a bit... cheap.

I actually prefer the Ice Age advert, as it achieves everything it sets out to and is perfect for the target audience. To me the Sub Terra ad is saying "We want this to be scary and atmospheric, but please don't forget we're a family park!" - which may well be the point, I just think it could've been done a lot better.

In fact, I'd have done it the other way around. Focused on the egg to start with, have a bit of movement, something unnerving - perhaps it starts to crack, without giving anything away, then slowly panning out to reveal Alton Towers.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
Johno

Just to warn you guys.

Photos of the interior of NST have now started to appear within the spoiler topic.

Just incase any of you are vaguely tempted... . .  :lol:
The Crab of Nemesis

Johno wrote: Just to warn you guys.

Photos of the interior of NST have now started to appear within the spoiler topic.

Just incase any of you are vaguely tempted... . .  :lol:
Argh! Tempted, yes, but only three days to go - I don't want to spoil it now.. I have noticed this topics going a bit quiet now - everybody's all in the spoilers one!
ImageSince 2008
lozzyhickers

I did have a sneaky look, but don't want to see anymore! So i'm staying here  :)
DannyNewbro

I accidentally saw a picture on Facebook, was pretty pissed.. but then I saw a link saying 'interior of Nemesis Sub-Terra released, click here' I was so tempted but I didn't click it! Can we know on this topic if the interior looks good or not, just someones opinion of the inside, don't say what it's like though! lol
AstroDan

The theming quality is of a high standard, yes.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
The Crab of Nemesis

AstwoDan wrote: The theming quality is of a high standard, yes.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Brilliant, that's all I need to know. Now I'm off to hide under a rock until Saturday!
ImageSince 2008
Tom G

Advert is cool and better than I expected for whatever reason. The whispering delivery isn't that clear and I think many people will miss what it's saying.

I do like the advert and am really looking forward to the ride. I'm using all my will to stop reading spoilers!
Themeparksandy1981

I think this one is gonna be a good ride as it's named after the great Nemesis name and they know the harm it could do to the park if it's a flop. They don't want this to be another 13 again. A lot of planning and research has gone into this attraction and I can't wait to enjoy the whole attraction not just the drop. Also we getting a new attraction which replaced two pay attractions.