NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Blaze

*CoughDeadLanguageCough* :P
Longy

Stop arguing!
It makes me sad. :(
The name is cool, end of, with or without Nemesis in front of it.
It's cool with Nemesis in front because it has Nemesis in it, which is amazing.
It's cool without Nemesis in front of it because it sounds like a totally awesome beer name.
*Longy wonders off to decide how to advertise his new product.*
The icy-cool freshness of Sub-Terra said in a slow amazing voice.
Khalichanan

Latin is not dead. Latin lives on in every European language.

Only the foolish call Latin a dead language...
Jollylee11

Back to the ride..
Any chance of seeing the stag outside the ride? Lovely bit a theming that should be kept!
.Will

Blaze wrote: *CoughDeadLanguageCough* :P
That's not the point, stop bloody arguing for the sake of arguing. You are/were wrong and Kamfira is/was right now lets leave you at that.

I'm sure your ego will survive.
Voke

Jollylee11 wrote: Back to the ride..
Any chance of seeing the stag outside the ride? Lovely bit a theming that should be kept!
It could be possible, as The Stag was situated outside the construction walls during Scarefest. So I don't see why it couldn't be there for ride opening? Obviously, this is dependent on whether or not they actually buy the vehicle, as I believe it was on loan to Alton.
Last edited by Voke on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johno

Dormiens-Dave wrote: It makes sense to do early marketing for enthusiasts though... we are the only people who would be interested so early on and we tend to spread our enthusiasm for the park around a bit. In the last year i probably got about 10 people to go to Towers who wouldn't normally go.

And it just shows they think of us poor so'n'so's who spend so much money there.
Anyone who thinks Alton is just marketing to enthusiasts is a teeny bit silly. We make up a very very very very small proportion of the overall market at Alton. We'd visit next year anyway, so from a marketing perspective it makes no sense!
Dormiens-Dave

Well thanks for calling me a tiny bit silly :D

But as i said its not because we need promoting to go, but when you excite enthusiasts they tend to talk about the park to non enthusiasts and i reckon an average geek promotes 5 non geeks to go to the park each season... Based on their facebook fans if they do that to 500 geeks thats 2500 extra guests for very little money.

Also its a treat for people who support the park. Otherwise whats the point because who else other than fans looked at the promo... but through FB and youtube we will make that PR viral.
jordanc14

Sorry if I'm repeating anyone as I had to stop reading because I was seriously getting annoyed at the moaners. I honestly think that the marketing is really good so far. People are saying things like "why haven't Alton towers learned from thirteen?" Can I just ask how are they Overhyping it with a video of a comic strip? Also the ride hasn't even opened yet so you don't even know if it is being overhyped! But on the flip side of the coin, people are saying about all of these 3D effects etc well this is Overhyping by some of the members on here, look at thirteen when 3D screens were suggested (yeah right) and that was a large investment but this is a medium investment. Sorry for the rant but as said many times people moaned for thirteen not having a backstory and now we have a decent one, people still manage to pick fault! I think we should just be grateful for what we look to be getting; a hopefully well themed ride and a backstory, rather than 2011's hole of nothingness and personally I am keeping an open mind and not expecting the world and then if it isn't great, then I won't mind but if it's good then I will be pleasantly surprised.
Last edited by jordanc14 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Themeparksandy1981

I think many people was hoping for more information about the ride. Ie what type of ride and company behind it. Like the next time we see any pics will be Feb half term and all that you will see is the buildings and maybe the queueline and unless Alton Towers let the Media like Central news,day break or Midlands today preview the ride before it opens to the GP like they did with 13 then we won't see any videos or pics of the attraction to opening day.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sibic

hope they don't put it on telly as would be a nice surprise.  I hope they keep the hype down as well no draft ads like having a team of people ready to help people with phoebe of the dark.
pluk

I thought what Towers did with the media for Th13teen was dumb as hell. Keep the trick a secret for so so long, then on opening day stick the whole thing, with the show room lights on, on the tele.

All mystique gone, and the best way to experience the ride is to not know what is coming, the second ride is never as good. In fact the drop looks quite crap with the lights on, the experience in the dark is much greater than it looks from offride. They really did themselves or future riders no favours showing that.

I know they need to promote it, but it doesn't have to be with a visual sledgehammer. Show peoples reactions without giving away the rick, tell people roughly what happens without showing it, whatever. Just don't give everything away.
Total Unique Ridecount
BigAl

pluk wrote: All mystique gone, and the best way to experience the ride is to not know what is coming, the second ride is never as good. In fact the drop looks quite crap with the lights on, the experience in the dark is much greater than it looks from offride.
Wasn't that the same for the Black Hole? Lights on - tiny coaster in a warehouse. Lights off - woah, we're in space! :P
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Voke wrote:
It could be possible, as The Stag was situated outside the construction walls during Scarefest. So I don't see why it couldn't be there for ride opening? Obviously, this is dependent on whether or not they actually by the vehicle, as I believe it was on loan to Alton.
I'm sure it'd be there on opening day, as there were a few extra touches for 13.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
fredward

BigAl wrote: Wasn't that the same for the Black Hole? Lights on - tiny coaster in a warehouse. Lights off - woah, we're in space! :P
We're in SPAAAACE!?!?!

I think this ride is going to be pretty good. It's whether or not I want to go to TTF opening meet, because I know of a few people who will just hate the ride before going on it, just because "It soils the nemesis brand" hence be negative, cynical and irritating! :P

I love the fact that we are getting plenty of strong story driven ride's, perhaps it means SW7 will be getting a strong back story.
Voke

Stelios7 wrote:
Voke wrote:
It could be possible, as The Stag was situated outside the construction walls during Scarefest. So I don't see why it couldn't be there for ride opening? Obviously, this is dependent on whether or not they actually by the vehicle, as I believe it was on loan to Alton.
I'm sure it'd be there on opening day, as there were a few extra touches for 13.
Well, I is there all season if possible. Just like the TH13TEEN Wraiths, Alton give up after a while, as everyone thought they would be there all season. Instead we got them for opening weekend, and Scarefest. To me, if they were situated at the ride entrance, and exit, I believe it would add a little too the whole ride experience. Surely there's always a few staff willing to dress up for the day? Sort it out!
themealgang

With regards to the the physical ride, I doubt very much that we will officially know what it is until very late on. From what I can remember, the only time we knew that Thirteen was officially the worlds first free-fall drop coaster was on GMTV. That was on the Wednesday, and the ride opened on the Saturday.

Sure, we may still get the marketing spiel to come, but I am just totally open minded about the whole thing. I really hope I will get a pleasant surprise come March!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
captain

I know there have been a few members disappointed, but not everyone and I disagree with the idea that "they can't please anyone" and "no-one is ever happy", because the overriding consensus from this topic is that, barring the name, the video and story are a great success.

I think it is my favourite ride video for a decade. It's so simple - setting up a story while revealing nothing at all, and ending on a cliff-hangar with the great Nemesis monster potentially about to kill everybody. And we're going on a ride about this? It sounds great. It was another cheesy video, but it was enjoyable and not some crap making claims about how ultimate the ride would be, or involving a celebrity. There is also the possibility that a relatively cheap video will allow more of the budget to be spent elsewhere, hopefully theming, although I don't hold too much hope for that. Personally, it was exactly what I was looking for.
[align=center]Santa Clara[/align]
dominoes

^Exactly! On Coasterforce and TPR people are going on about the way it looks rubbish, but I think it will be great! Personally I hated the video, but I think the ride is going to be really good, as long as they:
1. Use lots of scenery, with only a couple of bits of black.
2. Use some sort of animatronic, even if they are crappy like in the London Dungeon
3. Special effects, so maybe sparks or smoke or something...
Johno

Dormiens-Dave wrote: Well thanks for calling me a tiny bit silly :D

But as i said its not because we need promoting to go, but when you excite enthusiasts they tend to talk about the park to non enthusiasts and i reckon an average geek promotes 5 non geeks to go to the park each season... Based on their facebook fans if they do that to 500 geeks thats 2500 extra guests for very little money.

Also its a treat for people who support the park. Otherwise whats the point because who else other than fans looked at the promo... but through FB and youtube we will make that PR viral.
My argument was against the term enthusiast really tbh.

Most of the people on the At Facebook group are there because they like alton towers, and aren't necessarily enthusiasts.