Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Craig

Nothing is likely to change this season for the Annual Pass. As guests we shouldn't see anything too different until either the back end of this year or more likely next year at the earliest.

There's a integration project being headed up by Tussauds' Chief Financial Officer, and this isn't likely to be completed for a fair while yet. You only have to look at how long other recent integrations have gone to know that it takes a heck of a long time to get everything comfortably running under one group. NTL and Telewest have been one company for a long time now and they're not finished integrating yet, along with Orange and Wanadoo Broadband as well.
MostMagicalCat

i do hope that they include something for legoland

Got a tousauds family pass planned for this year and a legoland trip, would bring the price down for me.

I wont hold my breath, but it would be nice if at least you get a discount, after all, tousauds do have there own customers to see to. And blackstone will want to show that they are a friendly corporate company. :P
[
Steve in labour

[quote=""Kaz""]I don't think you lot understand, Tussauds will be a division of Merlin Entertainment. It would cost millions to re-brand Tussauds only for it to be sold on again in a few years. I understand therefore that there will be no name changes.[/quote]
Kaz I said that about a page back that looks like what will happen a rebrand would cost to much and risk customers leaving.
As every one on this forum should know the smallest thing causes major arguments and masses of complaints :D
MostMagicalCat

deleted
Last edited by MostMagicalCat on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[
Wes

How do you spell Tussuads?
MostMagicalCat

A dyslexic like me can spell it any way he wants :lol:
[
TenZero

[quote=""MostMagicalCat""]Alright, wanted to get a few things clear from this little debate, so sent them a nice letter, here`s hoping they get back to me.

This is just on behaf of my own intrests, but it will be intresting to see what they say.

this is what i wrote

Mosstown

Kennethmont

Aberdeenshire

AB54 4NS

11th March 2007

Dear Sir/Madam

Big Tousauds customer here with a little query. I read through your website and was suitably impressed especially with the social responsibly section, its great to see a large company taking its customers and the environment serously and offering the best value that you can get.

I am a family man who has indeed spent a lot of my hard earned money on both tousauds and yourself(love scaring the kids at the dungeons). this year we have planned a trip to London(we live way up in the north east of Scotland, miles from anywhere ,well except the sheep!!) and will be purchasing a annual pass from tousauds, so we can afford to take in the sites.(Alton Towers, Thorpe park, London Eye, Chesington and madam tousauds).The annual pass offers great value and will be taking trips later this year to some more tousauds attractions.

While in london, we really wanted to take in Lego land, but we are not sure if the budget quite stretches to that, which is obviously disappointing. So (you can guess what’s coming up....). Are there any plans to amalgamate the annual passes so that tousauds passes can enter Lego land?

The tousauds pass is accepted in a few European parks, so it seems a little strange that another park owned by the same company wont have something on.

I hope that you can give annual passes some benefit at Lego land, even reduced rates might make the trip possible, but the £100 or so it would be to get in is far above my budget.

I would have left it, but being such a avid tousauds customer i was looking at your site and it made me feel valued, something I don’t think tousauds have in abundance. All the social responsibly parts made me feel like I can write you and get a suitable response.

Tousauds as a company has terrible customer relations, i have sent them both positive letters and complaints, but they just seem to ignore the small customers.

Please can you get back to me, eager to know if Lego land will be a possibility, I know as a consumer and customer allowing annual passes to cover Lego Land it makes sense. You would still be getting my hard earned money on food and souvenirs and it speaks of the value your company aims talk off. Thank you.

Yours faithfully

Peter Stoneman
As i said its a personal letter, with my views but i thought i would share it with you guys, to see what there responce is.

Fingers Crossed [-o<[/quote]

Shame you spelt Tussauds wrong 8 times :cry:
MostMagicalCat

Gee isnt it great to share things

thanks guys

make me feel so special
[
Wes

*rubs MMC's pussy*

Hopefully they'll show some appreciation for their enthusiasts and reply. If not, its not a good start for the new family.

:D
Craig

Thanks for posting that MMC, make sure you let us know what response you get if any :D
Kaz

Sell to who may i ask
Another large investment company, just because it’s a theme park chain does not mean it has to be bought by a theme park operator. Who would have though that Charter House, DIC and even Blackstone would buy out Tussauds. Therefore the answer to your question is any company who can afford it basically.
haydn!

I wouldn't expect a response from that letter, or atleast one that answers all of your questions. This merger although pretty certain to go ahead is still dependent upon approval from several sources, namely the British government, and most likely EU commission. Taking this into account, they will not confirm anything until its official, and even at that point I doubt they've considered if they'll introduce a group pass.

I think what we'll see is the Tussuads Group (as a business) merged into Merlin Entertainments, so at the very top everything is one company, then Tussuads will remain a division of Merlin Entertainment, which will continue to manage the Tussuads attractions.

An example of a set up like this already in place is within the energy giant E.ON.

In 2002, the German company E.ON purchased The Powergen Group. Overall management control was given to Germany almost immediately, however the Powergen Group remains as E.ON UK, a division of E.ON. And E.ON UK continues to control its individual assets itself, for example Powergen, Central Networks, Energy Services etc.

The structure is very much a number of mini groups, within a group and I feel this is the move Merlin will take with Tussuads.
MostMagicalCat

[quote=""haydnjames""]I wouldn't expect a response from that letter, or atleast one that answers all of your questions. This merger although pretty certain to go ahead is still dependent upon approval from several sources, namely the British government, and most likely EU commission. Taking this into account, they will not confirm anything until its official, and even at that point I doubt they've considered if they'll introduce a group pass.

I think what we'll see is the Tussuads Group (as a business) merged into Merlin Entertainments, so at the very top everything is one company, then Tussuads will remain a division of Merlin Entertainment, which will continue to manage the Tussuads attractions.

An example of a set up like this already in place is within the energy giant E.ON.

In 2002, the German company E.ON purchased The Powergen Group. Overall management control was given to Germany almost immediately, however the Powergen Group remains as E.ON UK, a division of E.ON. And E.ON UK continues to control its individual assets itself, for example Powergen, Central Networks, Energy Services etc.

The structure is very much a number of mini groups, within a group and I feel this is the move Merlin will take with Tussuads.[/quote]

it is worth a try. i think. One thing that i dont think i have seen is the corporate resposibilty part, so it would be interesting to see iff they live up to it. They might not, but its worth a try.

Overall as much as hope i cant see them merging merlin and toosods(hows that for bad spelling). But they may offer something.

Just a query

at the moment port aventura is not a tussauds attraction, either is efteling, why can you use our annual passes there? Seems strange and i wonder if there is ANYTHING in the pipeline for the future.

Perhaps a theme park pass and another pass to cover madam tussauds,warwick, sea life and the dungeons?
[
haydn!

[quote=""MostMagicalCat""]at the moment port aventura is not a tussauds attraction, either is efteling, why can you use our annual passes there? Seems strange and i wonder if there is ANYTHING in the pipeline for the future.[/quote]

Not sure about Efteling but Port Aventura was originally a Tussuads park, Tussuads built it in association with Universal. They provided the brands, Tussuads the local managment skills. Although it is no longer a Tussuads park, I do think they still own a minority share in the business.
MostMagicalCat

[quote=""haydnjames""][quote=""MostMagicalCat""]at the moment port aventura is not a tussauds attraction, either is efteling, why can you use our annual passes there? Seems strange and i wonder if there is ANYTHING in the pipeline for the future.[/quote]

Not sure about Efteling but Port Aventura was originally a Tussuads park, Tussuads built it in association with Universal. They provided the brands, Tussuads the local managment skills. Although it is no longer a Tussuads park, I do think they still own a minority share in the business.[/quote]

Yea, i did know that, well i thought they sold it on, didn`t know they still had shares in PA. Efteling is a head scracher. astro gave me a list of a few parks that take the pass, i think europa aswell takes it.

My point is that Legoland now has more in common than these parks and it makes good sense to add it to the package.
[
haydn!

[quote=""MostMagicalCat""][quote=""haydnjames""][quote=""MostMagicalCat""]at the moment port aventura is not a tussauds attraction, either is efteling, why can you use our annual passes there? Seems strange and i wonder if there is ANYTHING in the pipeline for the future.[/quote]

Not sure about Efteling but Port Aventura was originally a Tussuads park, Tussuads built it in association with Universal. They provided the brands, Tussuads the local managment skills. Although it is no longer a Tussuads park, I do think they still own a minority share in the business.[/quote]

Yea, i did know that, well i thought they sold it on, didn`t know they still had shares in PA. Efteling is a head scracher. astro gave me a list of a few parks that take the pass, i think europa aswell takes it.

My point is that Legoland now has more in common than these parks and it makes good sense to add it to the package.[/quote]

Totally I would make sense to bring out a Group Pass, but I don't think it would be commercially viable. To cover all parks and attractions, it would need to well in excess of £150.00, still good value but it cuts out a large percentage of the market, especially as so many attractions are overseas now.

They could perhaps offer a group wide discount scheme which would be more commercially viable from the groups point of view.
stokywolf

[quote=""MostMagicalCat""][quote=""haydnjames""][quote=""MostMagicalCat""]at the moment port aventura is not a tussauds attraction, either is efteling, why can you use our annual passes there? Seems strange and i wonder if there is ANYTHING in the pipeline for the future.[/quote]

My point is that Legoland now has more in common than these parks and it makes good sense to add it to the package.[/quote]

The Major Theme parks all signed an agreement a few years ag. Alton towers, Efteling, Dragon Khan, Europa Park, Liseberg, Parc Asterix. All big Parks each of there country. Each parks annual pass would allow one credit into each of the park that was in the agreeement. So if i had a Liseberg annual pass i could use it at Port Aventura once this season. The Alton Towers annual pass of 2004 advertised that you could get into eftling and parc asterix free once.

Ever since Alton Towers became part of the Tussauds annual pass this had made it available to use at the foreign parks still. But now the New Alton Towers Annual pass is coming back i don't know if the Tussauds annual pass would still be allowed to.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
MostMagicalCat

I got a responce, very prompt, got it this afternoon. Anyway, i dosn`t deny anything, if anything it adds fuel to what i have been hoping....
Dear Peter

Many thanks for your email and your positive comments about Merlin Entertainments Group. It’s good to know that you had a look at our website and liked what you saw.

The acquisition of The Tussauds Group by Merlin Entertainments Group was announced last Monday, but the deal will not be finalised for some weeks and until this time we are unable to begin the integration of the two companies, nor will we have any information about plans for the annual pass scheme.

When these decisions have been taken we will of course advertise through the usual channels, but please feel free to contact us again in a couple of months and we will be able to give you an update.

With best regards to you and your family.

Yours sincerely

Wendie Teesdale

PA to Chief Executive
Bet you tussauds wouldn`t respond to this so quickly..
I wouldn't expect a response from that letter
perhaps customer relations are of a higher calibre in merlin. Tussauds wouldnt answer i bet.
The acquisition of The Tussauds Group by Merlin Entertainments Group was announced last Monday, but the deal will not be finalised for some weeks and until this time we are unable to begin the integration of the two companies, nor will we have any information about plans for the annual pass scheme.
Does this suggest that intergration will go ahead?
[
Joel

A lot of these deals where they take the Tussauds Annual Pass at other foreign parks are just mutual agreements with the park concerned - they will take the Tussauds Annual Pass, and Alton Towers will accept their local equivelent if thye visit here.

It also makes their passes (benefits) look even better to the consumer - even though you might only be able to use it once.

Some foreign parks also just accept Annual Passes unofficially as a goodwill gesture, as they very much know that British guests have come a long way for perhaps just a one-off visit and like to set a good impression - I mean look at the Europa Park manager thingy coming down to give the TTF Tipi vist a VIP welcome when we visit in August - they just like to show off and make themselves look good ;)

Same reason Tesco accepts Sainsburys coupons - we want you to come in and use them in Tesco, and hopefully along the way set an impression that makes you come back or recommend Tesco to someone else. Yeah, it costs Tesco, but its worth the marketing effect of it.
Craig

Great to see you got a reply and bloody quick too :D It's pretty much what I expected you'd get back, but still nice to get something back. I think I posted a bit earlier and mentioned that Tussaud's CFO is taking control of managing the integration so yes, some merging of operations is expected. Nothing's confirmed yet as to whether that means the groups themselves or just back office operations such as IT, HR and Admin will be merging at the moment, it'll all be very much work in progress for many weeks and months to come before anything solid's announced.