Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Steve in labour

The Names Will Stay The Same. Also The AP Will Cost Over £100 If They Add All That So It Would Suck. :x
But The Extra Money Will Help The Parks Soooo Much :D :P
Nemair

[quote=""Big Gay Steve""]The Names Will Stay The Same. Also The AP Will Cost Over £100 If They Add All That So It Would Suck. :x
But The Extra Money Will Help The Parks Soooo Much :D :P
[/quote]

Are you sure? People on ATA seem to think Tussauds have confirmed it's changing to Merlin Entertainments.

I hope it doesn't though....... :(
Steve in labour

Its said more likely to stay as its a huge brand in the uk and usa also tussauds names their for a reason, the tussards group is more likely to just become a member of the merlin group :D
Robin

the combined company will be called Merlin Entertainments, which is a shame. I work at madame tussauds and really dont want the tussauds group to change although its cool we will be linked with the london dungeons.
Green.Wing

The chance of it changing completly are small. The Tussards name is well known in the uk and for that to be changed would be a very stupid thing to do. More like a merger of the two names to happen. Merlins Tussauds Group would be there best outcome.

EDIT : Just reading up details on screamscape this company is huge.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/industr ... Blackstone
There the second biggest theme park company in the world after disney.
Great bell rings i here :D
Mankey

Merlin Tussauds is a better name... i cant imagine Merlin entertainments' Alton Towers... it just doesnt sound right. Merlin Tussauds still sucks though. :lol:

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Craig

From an enthusiast point of view, it'd certainly be a shame if the Tussauds Group name does disappear as has been rumoured. I know some have mentioned the Adobe and Macromedia setup, but that was a slightly different to Merlin and Tussauds.

Adobe and Macromedia were both known as "multimedia powerhouses" and both brands were extremely well known. I can understand the company wanting to create a single identity and they chose what they felt was the strongest and most prestigious brand, which is Adobe.

Looking at the Tussauds Group from the general public’s point of view, could someone honestly say they could name all of the parks and attractions they operate?

What I’m saying is that the name Tussauds Group kind of takes a back burner when you’re talking about most of the attractions Tussauds currently operate. The parks sell themselves under their own brand name, there’s very little reason to push the fact they’re operated by the Tussauds Group. Yes the group’s mentioned on Alton’s logo but you don’t see adverts saying “Alton Towers – By the Tussauds Group, where the magic never ends”. Besides a very slight logo change, we’ll see very little difference.

The only place the actual brand Tussauds is well known is obviously the waxworks, and I can't see the name changing for those. The name in this case is strongly associated with waxworks and is also steeped in history, so there’s very little reason for this to change. And besides, Sir Merlin’s Waxworks doesn’t have the same ring to it :P
Green.Wing

http://www.merlinentertainments.biz/en/ ... ation.aspx

Offical Press Release from Merlin and information on the WHOLE details of the merger.
Adam

That was released last week.

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Craig

Yes it's the same information from last week. One thing it doesn't confirm 100% though is that the Tussauds Group brand is going. It hints towards a Merlin Entertainments group but nothing concrete. What is interesting though, is how much they mention Tussauds as a brand. I guess we just need to wait and see what comes of things over the coming weeks and months.
Green.Wing

I know i was just posting a link. Didnt know if it was posted before.
DIC have got a great deal out of this. In all they all have some postives from this merger. The 50% owning of universal Orlando is very much in the hotels and citywalks areas not so much in the park investment. But still a massive amount. Things at last are starting to look up for changes in all the uk theme parks towards a very much better american run business.
Robin

im pretty sure it will be called merlin enterainments group
Green.Wing

There isnt any real benefit just calling it that. I didn't know who they where before any of this started and am sure thats the same for many others. Same for the public more no who Tussauds are then Merlin.
The whole thing is a merger and therefore i think that the names should be a merger. Merlins Tussauds Group is the best. Saying that Melin own Tussauds.
Robin

yeah that sounds a lot better, but from what i have been told at work it will be merlin entertainments group but i guess that could still change. i really dont want the tussauds group to be changed. Tussauds is much more wideley known than merlin but merlin have the bigger investers in blackstone so effectivly they will have the say and im sure they will want it to be called merlin
Kaz

I don't think you lot understand, Tussauds will be a division of Merlin Entertainment. It would cost millions to re-brand Tussauds only for it to be sold on again in a few years. I understand therefore that there will be no name changes.
Green.Wing

This wont be a few year project. Buying a company to become part of the second biggest company in the world in theme parks is not something you do to sell again. This isnt like the DIC movement of investment only. This is a merge of companys for a long time not for a year :P
Kaz

DIC movement of investment only
BlackStone is also an investment company. What will happen is they will invest heavily in the parks over the next few years and then sell them all off as one big chain making a bucket load of cash in the process; hence the word investment.

Plus may I also remind you DIC still have a large say in what happens, 20% is a large amount and will certainly make their voice heard throughout the company.
Ryan Kingdaka

I would like to get something straight.

The anual pass for all the attrations this year. With the name not being comfirmed yet, is there much of a chance that it will change, and will the LEGO land owners attractions be put on the anual pass along with Alton, Thorpe, Madem tussauds of london, Chessington, London eye, etc, etc...?

Just, with Alton opening this coming weekend, and other attractions to follow, i need to know.
Lauren

If it does change, all tussuads logos will be changed slighlty?
Green.Wing

[quote=""Kaz""]
DIC movement of investment only
BlackStone is also an investment company. What will happen is they will invest heavily in the parks over the next few years and then sell them all off as one big chain making a bucket load of cash in the process; hence the word investment.

Plus may I also remind you DIC still have a large say in what happens, 20% is a large amount and will certainly make their voice heard throughout the company.[/quote]

Sell to who may i ask lol. Disney wont, Universal wouldnt as blackstone own 50% of them anyways. Cedar and Six flags are so heavy in debt they wouldnt buy. The fact of the matter is this is AS big as it gets for tussauds. Great owners now and they havent got a history of selling up.
Yeah DIC have a 20% stake but 80% isnt theres. They will take abit more of the back step now. 1028 million pounds in there pocket and still a 20% stake in the business i should think they are very happy with there deal. And would be very happy to let others make decsisions and they get a profit from it.
Also may i remind you that Investment isnt buying something adding cash and then selling on. Investment is adding cash into a business to see return without having to sell. The more money they make not selling the better for them. None of them will back out of this deal and sell up. its a money maker.