Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dr Pop Rocket

It looks a complete mess, it's been rushed just to get it open before the summer is up, so with any luck they sort it all out once the summer is up as it really is hideous, it has the odd bit of nice theming, but it needs a lot added to it for it to fit into the area, as at the moment it looks bland and very out of place.

But I'm confident Legoland can sort it out, they always seem to do well in terms of theming and it quite blatantly has been rushed just to get it open, so I do not think I will judge the ride until next year when hopefully, it has been sorted out.
Ash

Concrete jungle :-(

Such a shame, shows how we should appreciate our "Grand Canyon Rapids" however they dont have half as much additional theming as there is on that ride.
Johno

The thing I love about the look of that at the minute as it seems to have a lot more elements than Altons rapids.

As well as looking very clean.
Redcoat Jase

Oh Dear, that looks junk!

Definately hasn't inspired me to visit Legoland come October.

Let's hope this isn't a glimpse of things to come for Alton Towers! :|
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
leejay

But Jase, wasn't that a Tussards 'creation'?

There does seem to be more elements to the rapids in Legoland but I never thought i'd say this - I actually prefere the general look of the Congo Rapids :shock: The Legoland ones looks ummm, rushed and unthought of!
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""leejay""]But Jase, wasn't that a Tussards 'creation'?[/quote]

No, Tussauds have nothing to do with Legoland.
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Shent

What the hell is that!? it does look rather toss im sorry, thats shocking lol
......The one and only... :sus:
leejay

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""][quote=""leejay""]But Jase, wasn't that a Tussards 'creation'?[/quote]

No, Tussauds have nothing to do with Legoland.[/quote]

Sorry yes! Blonde moment :lol:
Quickey

Wow, that looks rubbish! Way to much concrete, and it hasn’t been sculpted in to the land like Congo has. Themeing is good in places, but I think the themeing looks a bit out of place, if you know what I mean.

It is probably a good ride, but I just hope that they improve on the themeing.
AstroDan

Doesn't look good. Although, in fairness, a lot of Rapids rides take time to bed in.
evil cod

eww fugly crapids! Yeah not very nice at all, its just concrete walls, if the theme was a constuction site that had been raided by viking from a time machine it would be sooooo awesome!
Jaycey_18

lol I remember them building that

I used to work on the train that went right past it
(well for duplo really but hey lol)

yeh it did look a bit of a mess when tey were building it to be honest, the dragon wa amazing though, I saw it getting delivered and I was in awe ate how amazing it was...thats probably the only good bit though

=D
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
stigzy

Oh dear. It all looks rather too, whats the word? Too ikea-ish, for a ride themed around vikings anyway! I'm not saying its trying to be - but its hardly a Valhalla is it?! The que line looks good though...
plasticboy

Some of the theming is great, i wish the CRR at AT had such good theming; but theres far too much metal and concrete about!!! Makes the bits of good theming look farcical!
Gazza Smurf

That looks horrible! Looks a bit like an industrial estate... :? Let's hope they sort it out!
Liam

This was a Merlin addition wasn't it? :no:
=>TOXIC<=

Water treatment plant comes to mind, but to be fair that is not too far from the truth, planning laws in the UK now state that any new water ride has to have a water treatment plant to clean the water, separate from any other water supply. The days of using ponds and lakes are over which the Congo river rapids and storm force 10 both use (remember the fountain at the end of the congo rapids shooting into the boat, this used to be pumped from the ride but you are not a loud to do this any more!) But lets be honest with the colour of the splash on draytons its amazing we all do not develop some strange mutations!.

I have heard that more themeing is to be added but I am hoping for a lot more than that the steal work needs to be hidden with mock wooden structures, alot more detail in these elements, maybe some tunnels with special effects but with the placement of the bone cage and ice area I can not see the sides being disguised all that much which is a real shame.
One thing that really annoyed me was the bolting on of CCTV cameras on the ride station no attempt at all has been thought about the final appearance from the look of that.
Keep Rollin
Chris1

Oh dear...

That really is dire. It looks like something Flamingo Land would build but even they would probably do a better job of theming it...

I'm not very optomistic about what they have planned for Alton, Thorpe and Chessie if that's the best they can do at one of their flagship parks...

:roll:
Mankey

To be fair though, wouldnt merlin just say "oh we want a river rapids" or something and then let the designers get on with it and do what they want as long as it meets merlins expectations?

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Gazza Smurf

But still... I'd be worried if that met Merlin's expectations.