Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Martinw

davey_will1980 wrote:
Martinw wrote:
lewis97 wrote: It’s going along the path connecting MINILAND and Duplo Valley. I don’t believe there are any existing attractions in the location.
The trees and bushes have been cut down either side of the path connecting Miniland & Duplo Valley, I assume to make way for this new attraction
Moving along nicely then, does anyone have any pictures of the development on-going? 
There is now fencing up and around the area with some construction activity. I will update when we visit at Christmas
Swarm Chris

As reported on SouthParks Social Media LEGO Star Wars Miniland is set to close at the end of the year, with the last chance to visit being 31st December, not long after the release of Episode 9.
Attention, LEGO® Star Wars™ fans! We’re bidding the LEGO® Star Wars ™ Miniland model display at LEGOLAND goodbye. You can still enjoy the display until 31/12/2019 so be sure to visit before it’s off to a galaxy far, far away/it departs on 30/12/2019!
Source: Legoland Windsor

Whilst not confirmed, it's possible the worldwide agreement between Disney/Lucasfilm and Merlin/Legoland has ended, with the Star Wars IP being pulled from other Legoland parks not long after it's removal from Windsor.
Ladyofthelake

This is an interesting removal by Legoland. As Swarm Chris mentioned, the removal would be just after the release of Episode 9 so I can't imagine it would be Merlin's choice to suddenly remove an attraction based on an IP just as it peaks again.

However, I'm also not completely surprised by the departure of the Lego Star Wars IP. This year was the first time in a while that the park didn't host the annual Star Wars Weekend over the first May Bank Holiday Weekend. At the time, one of the groups who provided characters for the event mentioned something about Disney tightening their rules and not allowing the groups to supply their characters to Legoland. Of course, it may not be linked, but it would seem to suggest that Disney may be trying to pull back control of one of its now key IPs, especially with Disneyland Paris now hosting its own "Season of the Force" each January to February/March, and there potentially also being a Paris version of Galaxy's Edge built in the near future if all the Disney Studios expansion plans go ahead.
Swarm Chris

As reported on SouthParks Social Media, for the first time, LEGOLAND Windsor will open a selection of attractions from 10am - 4pm during February Half Term as part of their Brick Week event.

Running from 15th - 23rd February 2020, tickets are priced at £25pp on-the-day or £20 online, with annual passholders able to purchase a ticket for £5pp.

With the line-up due to include Haunted House Monster Party, The Dragon, Mia’s Riding Adventure and lots more, will you be planning a visit to the Resort during Brick Week 2020?
Morgan

Having events like this to help break-up the closed season is a lovely idea and one I'm totally on-board with, but the additional charge for Passholders is very off-putting when you could visit any other time of year for free. If it wasn't up-charge I'd consider popping in as I haven't had a chance to check out Monster Party, but why not just wait another month and save a fiver?
Chris
Admin
Admin

A frustration of mine which extends to the Christmas period too.

Why don't Merlin see the benefit of the Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and European parks model that run events this time of year included in a season pass, which are massively profitable?
Morgan

Random name change- 2020s new ride will instead be called the Duplo Dino Coaster.
Swarm Chris

Seems a random last minute change. Surely they would have already had the designs signed off, especially for the train itself that must be well into manufacture.

But oh well, they should be able to make something nice regardless of the theme they eventually settle on.
Swarm Chris

Another rebrand incoming for Legoland, as reported on the SouthParks Facebook page. Atlantis Submarine Voyage will be rebranded LEGO City Deep Sea Adventure for the 2020 season.

The new name matches that of the submarine ride at LEGOLAND California Resort and the upcoming LEGOLAND New York, which sees guests join LEGO divers to explore a colourful oceanic habitat with real sea life and hidden treasure. Could the Windsor attraction match that seen at California?

lewis97
Admin
Admin

As posted on SouthParks, Legoland Windsor were given approval for the planning application relating to the suspected Lego Move World development at last night's committee meeting.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

SouthParks is at Legoland Windsor today for the opening of Duplo Dino Coaster, and to check out some of the other changes around the park.

Deep Sea Adventure

Knight's Kingdom

abigsmurf

I like the cars and themeing for the Duplo coaster but I definitely feel it's plays it too safe, even considering the target ages. It makes the old ladybird flat-rides from my childhood look white knuckle.

Could have done with making the track twice as long and putting in some humps (for a gentle 'wheee' factor). Would make the ride last longer and it would have let them add more cars to the train so it wouldn't have affected the capacity too much.
Morgan

Legoland Windsor Resort has announced that the theme park will be closed as of 5pm Friday 20th March. The decision follows recent measures announced by the UK Government as a result of the COVID-19 virus. 

The Resort have confirmed that the theme park will remain closed until further notice. The Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel remains open at this time.

Further updates will be provided as and when the Resort is able to provide further information.
Morgan

Legoland Windsor Resort have submittted new plans for the redevelopment of Adventure Land, indicating that they will be changing the planned THE LEGO® MOVIE™ World to a new theme.

SouthParks News examines all the details.
abigsmurf

Guessing the Lego Movie 2 flopping spooked them a bit.  Of course Project Rex could refer to Rex Dangervest from that movie and the white sculpture could be Sweet Mayhem but the rest of the colour scheme and flames don't match 

(Scratch the above, the original Lego Movie World was also codenamed Project Rex)

I'm struggling to think of any Lego IPs they could theme a land to that's heavy in green and could have flame elements. Hidden Side would be neat for a land but the AR nature of it would be a bit lost on a flying theatre and droptower. Maybe there's a new product range coming from Lego which is why they're being secretive.
BennyBennyBenny

Let’s not forget this new area also includes Squid Surfers, so they have to put that into the theme also.

What if it’s Jurassic World themed?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A recent construction update from Theme Park Guide, shows that the process of re-theming SQUID Surfer is already underway with LEGO and paint detail added to seemingly give the impression that the area's geology is LEGO-based. Progress is also being made on the flying theatre building foundation.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

LEGOLAND have now started to tease the 'new world' that is coming in 2021.

The video features a magical-looking rock and what appears to be a dragon flying overhead. This would seem to be consistent with some of the details of the theming referred to in the revised plans submitted in July such as “flame type elements” and the paths around the land will featuring a “natural colour palette with blue crystal looking veins".

What is presumably the logo, doesn't appear to tie-in with any existing LEGO sets, but it seems to feature three mystical-type creatures.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

A second video has now been released:
The website teaser page has also been updated with the following text:
A parallel universe where mythical LEGO® creatures come to life before your eyes.

From undiscovered lands and things untold,
to never before seen creatures so bold...

From epic battles over the raging seas,
to majestic beasts that guide you beyond the trees...

A world filled with creativity and delight,
enter the portal now and take flight!
Aardvark747

There is a new video and the website has been updated to say that the new area will be called LEGO® MYTHICA: WORLD OF MYTHICAL CREATURES.