Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Luce

I went on the new Ninjago ride last week and I have to say, I was really impressed and once I got used to using my hand instead of a laser gun, it was pretty simple and I think it's a great addition to the park.
Justin

As some of you may have seen earlier, a performer in the Pirate Show was injured today.
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/pir ... -1-8671026
Bert

I got on Ninjago for the first time today and I actually enjoyed it much even though it was screens the effects made it feel realistic with the 3D.

However I have a few minor complaints with it.
Firstly for an attraction only a couple of months old, the queueline paint seems to be flaking off.
Secondly the shooting wasn't very accurate as you had to keep your hands down low.
Thridly, this is not necessarily a complaint but the queue was advertised as 60mins when it was actually under 30mins.

More positive stuff.
Better than Duel.
Loved the smell of paint in the station.
Loved the effects.
Makes me want more like this in the UK.
[Insert Signature Here]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

At today's Trading & Strategy Update, Merlin announced that a 'The LEGO Movie Land' would be added to all LEGOLAND parks from 2019, with the accompanying visual perhaps giving some hint as to what attractions may be included:

Could this perhaps be the 2019 attraction that was detailed on the outline application submitted by Legoland Windsor earlier this year?
theparklifekid

The thing that interests me most is the image of the Flying Theater seats, I do hope the park gets one as they are fantastic. I do wonder which will come first though, this or Haunted House...
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
ThemeCrafter264

That's actually quite bizzare about the flying theatre. I recently, while walking somewhere, was thinking about how good it would be if Legoland would get a flying theater, themed around going around all the Legoland areas/ Lego themes . Anyway, if it does come to Legoland, it could be a fantastic attraction for families as Flying Dreams was by far my family's favourite attraction (even my mum who hates theme parks). The flying theatre seriously is an amazing attraction, for anyone in the family!
Bert

So it looks like a smaller version of Maelstrom at Drayton Manor, A Splash Battle and a Flying theatre. Perfect fits for Winsor.
[Insert Signature Here]
Morgan

Legoland have announced that Space Tower will be leaving the park.
Image from their Facebook page.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Legoland have stated that they will be announcing details of their 2018 plans at 10am tomorrow on their Facebook page. The What's New page on their website currently says "2018 marks 60 years of the brick and to celebrate we are building awesome new attractions full of LEGO® bricks", alongside allowing guests to sign up for the latest news.
ThemeCrafter264

It has been announced the resort will be gaining 3 attractions/ walkthroughs for next year. They are Miniland USA (American buildings), Miniland Around the World (worldwide buildings and Lego Reef (making your own fish via screens, with the ability to interact with it). Bearing mind last year, it was a major investment year (with a new hotel and dark ride) and my expectations were quite low (expecting at most a small spinner or a world's largest build), I am quite happy with this announcement, especially with the fact that Miniland will have something new to do, as it was a bit of a dead area of the park before.
Justin

I actually applaud Merlin for their decision to invest in Miniland as it takes the park back to its core which is Lego and construction. It will be great to see some brand new models in this expansion. Hopefully, it will offer inspiration to young and old model makers alike! 

Here is the announcement...
[youtube]lcCgXmEJQdI[/youtube]
Zach

This lovely image was posted by the guys over at Theme Park guide today, Who have described it as extensive maintenance with the trains spotted in the car park, the whole track remove and some of the rail foundations removed, suggesting new track and foundations. I’d certsinly hope so as it wasn’t working on my last visit to the park and that hill walk is a killer. Let’s hope it’s not end of the line.  :lol
Miggins

Has anyone worked there before? I’m applying.
Dan

As reported by SouthParks News; LEGOLAND Windsor have announced a restructure of their Annual Passes for 2018, with three different tiers of passes now available to choose from.

What do you think of the new Annual Passes from LEGOLAND Windsor Resort?

Justin

To be honest, I think having too many passes is confusing. I'm also not keen on the inconsistencies between resorts as there is no clear brand. In the past, this was the 'Annual Pass', but now we have season passes, annual passes were you pay once and now this!
Dom

An announcement will happening on Friday to celebrate 7 years of Ninjago. I wonder what the announcement will be. 
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Could see it being the announcement of them showing LEGO® NINJAGO® – Master of the 4th Dimension in the 4D theatre this season, as has recently been seen at other LEGOLANDs.
Dan

Legoland have given an update on their two new Miniland projects on their social media today.
Our model makers have been hard at work building MINILAND USA and MINILAND Explore The World, check out the first sneak peak over on our Facebook page.
ThemeCrafter264

It seems that for this season that Orient Express won't be operating. I'd say for this season because the map shows this but also we may start to see Haunted House construction this year.
Dan

Legoland Windsor Resort have released their 2018 map on their website which includes all the additions for 2018 – Miniland USA; Miniland Explore the World; and Lego Reef.