Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ladyofthelake

As reported on SouthParks News, new plans have been submitted for the Haunted House ride.

Perhaps most interestingly the ride is now proposed to be a madhouse, similar to Hex, instead of the drop tower that was proposed previously. If this gets the go ahead, it will be Legoland's new attraction for 2019.

Robert.W

Is it just me, or are those images broken? I can't see them.. :-k

Dan

Robert.W wrote:Is it just me, or are those images broken? I can't see them.. :-k
Thanks for pointing that out Robert, the images should be fixed now :)
Robert.W

Aha, can see them now. :)
I definitely think the park has made a good decision to do a mad house style ride rather than the drop tower. Both Hex and Nemesis: Sub Terra sling to mind when I think about how this particular project has been changed... I wonder if the success of Hex and the not such a success of Nemesis: Sub Terra influenced them in any way..

ThemeCrafter264

Great news about the ride type change but not such a big fan of the building farcade itself..
Robert.W

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:Great news about the ride type change but not such a big fan of the building farcade itself..
Yeah, I agree with that. It kinda looks a bit bland, but also quite messy at the same time. Interesting how they have decor on the black building behind the front facade as well... would that mean that that part of the building will be visible from inside the park? I'd hope it isn't to be honest.

Dom

I’m hoping it’s going to be a mix of Hex, House of monsters and Lego. I really hope it gets approved
Dan

Legoland Windsor will be closed today due to the significant snowfall overnight.
The park will not be open today, Sunday 18 March. The health and safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority and sadly due to the significant snowfall and temperature drop overnight we are not able to operate our awesome rides and attractions. We are sorry for any disappointment caused. Guests who were due to visit us this weekend can have their tickets re-validated for another visit during the 2018 season. Please contact our customer services team who will be happy to help you.

Our Resort Hotels will remain open, however if you are due to stay at the hotel but are unable to travel to the Resort, please also contact our customer services team: http://fal.cn/4YU6
Justin

As posted by SouthParks Facebook; Official LEGOLAND Windsor have announced that Spring 2019 will see the arrival of new ride, The Haunted House – Monster Party, following the submission of a revised planning application for the attraction last month.

Located in the Adventure Land area, guests will venture through the mysterious mansion with mischievous ghouls and gargoyles hiding in the halls. Once seated at the grand banquet table the festivities will begin, as Vampire uses a fang-tastic potion to turn the house upside down.

Will you be paying the party a visit next year?
ThemeCrafter264

I do really like the concept behind the ride but couldn't the name be a bit better? Even just calling it 'The Haunted House' or 'Ghost' like the other version of the attraction would sound better.
Justin

I think the reason behind calling it The Haunted House: Monster Party is because it isn't a drop tower like the other attractions. Also, the name makes it more family friendly, therefore little ones won't be scared.
ThemeCrafter264

Just thought that Merlin could have easily just re-used the name and even logo for house of monsters from scarefest.
Bert

Wow, that's an early announcement for Merlin! 

Also it looks like it will be based off the Lego Monster Fighters sets as I recognise the Mummy and Frankenstein's monster from the set. 
[Insert Signature Here]
Owen

Bert2theSpark wrote:Also it looks like it will be based off the Lego Monster Fighters sets as I recognise the Mummy and Frankenstein's monster from the set. 
That is correct. :)
Luce

I really like the sound of this as I do like a Madhouse ride :)
theparklifekid

I also think this is a great ride type and name for the ride. If it was a drop tower, little kids would probably not like to ride it and if they did, would come off crying. Same with the rides name, 'Ghost' and 'Haunted Housed' while being a cool and simple name does imply a scary experience and from a marketing perspective, not many parents are going to want to take their kids on a scary experience.

So adding 'Monster Party' onto the name gives it a more happy feeling, with the idea being that it’s going to take a more comedic approach to a scary theme, probably having a more upbeat soundtrack to that of a sinister one. The only 'scares' I could see happening here is a mummy sticking out its tongue and pulling a face. With the Madhouse style ride, it’s a more family friendly, illusion based ride, with the possibility of a longer ride length than that of a drop ride.

This is just what the park needs (now a new coaster please) and I hope to visit when it opens!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
ThemeCrafter264

It seems like Ally Law (who previously climbed up Stealth) has done an over-night challenge at LEGOLAND. This has breached his contract banning him from worldwide Merlin attractions. 
Robert.W

I was just about to ask if they had CCTV... silly me.. :lol they already have video evidence!

What exactly can Legoland / Merlin do now though... because if there is already a ban in place, but they have proven that they will just break in anyway... legal action??

ThemeCrafter264

The contract would need to be looked at but it is important to remember that although any of Merlin's attractions are private property, trespassing is not a criminal offence, unless you cause damage.
Robert.W

If they can't take action against them for trespassing, I imagine they could still take action against them for breaking the contract?