Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Danny

Well I love the look of this ride, and it looks very promising for LLW. But it really annoys me that most Legoland's have the same rides! LLW doesn't really have anything unique or special about it, it even lost its technic test track ride to Florida! I think It needs some serious investing in to the park to compete.
Ayliffe

Billund's also posted a video about their version with a model of the ride building there (in lego! :D ) :
I can see some elements of the backstory and the rest of the ride (eg: the mad scientist and the other rooms in the house) being the same in windsor but the whole story about Old Pete is probably never going to happen here (the only reason for old pete is to tie it in with the western area its located in there, but in windsor we sadly don't have that :( )
Eirdy

This sounds great!
I love ghost trains, dark rides ETC and I love LEGO so this should be great for me!
Burniel

This is a great move, LEGOLAND have convinced me that they are worth visiting! :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Hazard

Never been to Legoland before and as a VIP passholder I can now go to the resort for free but is this something I would enjoy or is this aimed just for kids/families? I love all the big rides at Thorpe/AT and can understand there is probably nothing at Legoland on those levels but would I enjoy the day or would I be bored?
Burniel

LEGOLAND has about 5 rides worth doing:

The Dragon
Pirate Falls
Jolly Rocker
S.Q.U.I.D Surfer
Viking River Splash
(of course the Miniland is worth a look)

None of these are "thrilling", but for the most part, they're fun rides. I'd say if you live reasonably close, and can get in for free, why not? Just go on a quiet day, and don't expect thrills.
Hazard

Would you say I could do say Legoland and Chessington in one day? Haven't been to Chessington for years but if its half a day at each then I could probably knock out both in one day.
Burniel

Hazard wrote:Would you say I could do say Legoland and Chessington in one day? Haven't been to Chessington for years but if its half a day at each then I could probably knock out both in one day.
I'm going to say no, for a variety of reasons, mainly because the parks have low opening times and are 1 hour apart.

I'd say the two are a day and a half - LEGOLAND only needs half a day, but CWOA will need a full day. I'd do Chessington on a Saturday (in September when it's quiet), and LEGOLAND on the Sunday. This way you can knock two out in one weekend but be home early on the Sunday to prepare/ recover for the working week. :)
Hazard

Dan.B wrote:
Hazard wrote:Would you say I could do say Legoland and Chessington in one day? Haven't been to Chessington for years but if its half a day at each then I could probably knock out both in one day.
I'm going to say no, for a variety of reasons, mainly because the parks have low opening times and are 1 hour apart.

I'd say the two are a day and a half - LEGOLAND only needs half a day, but CWOA will need a full day. I'd do Chessington on a Saturday (in September when it's quiet), and LEGOLAND on the Sunday. This way you can knock two out in one weekend but be home early on the Sunday to prepare/ recover for the working week. :)
Cheers. :D
Dom

According to the Legoland face book page you can now have Character Lunches. More information can be found here:- http://www.legoland.co.uk/CharacterLunches
From 11 July to 2 September, you can meet the LEGOLAND® characters during lunch at Bricks Family Restaurant at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel.

Our friendly characters will be entertaining guests in 20 minute sessions from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.

Lunch is served from 12:00 noon to 2:30pm and no reservation is required.
Prices are £14.95 for an adult and £6.95 for a child.
Dom

Looking back at the picture for this, why does it say on the sign New 2014? Has the ride opened? or is it just an error?

The reason i ask is because i just looked at the website and couldn't find anything about it.

Edit: Never mind. I have just worked it out.
Ladyofthelake

The local planning authority have recommended approval of the haunted house plans. It's not a final decision, however it is now almost certain to get the go ahead.

Full details can be found in the SouthParks news article
Ryan.B

Once this opens it might just have persuaded me to come down to London and do everything on the merlin annual pass in 5 days! Looks amazing and I'm looking forward to construction if there is any pictures.
Dom

According to Windsorexpress.co.uk , planning permission was refused for this.

Link to Article : http://www.windsorexpress.co.uk/News/Ar ... 082014.htm

Whether this is a reliable source or not is yet to be seen. Thought i would just share with everyone, so everyone can make up their own mind as to trust it or not
Dom

Legoland has announced on Facebook their Halloween Event
18 October - 3 November 2014

This October half term bring your little monsters to the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort for spook-tacular activities and fun to celebrate Halloween with the whole family!

Our Brick or Treater’s are in for a surprise as they venture through the eerie Forest of 5000 Pumpkins where you can build your own LEGO® pumpkin for our giant patch! Try and find the LEGO Spiders that are hiding amongst the trees, drop by the Monster Ball for some dancing and fun and enjoy all of your usual favourite rides and attractions!
Source. Legoland Brick or Treat Event Facebook page
Burniel

I trust it from experience with driving to LEGOLAND, it seems likely. I find it extremely annoying as I really wanted to go on this, and it'd be the one attraction to get me back to the park.

I think that all it needs is for a few non-development years to go by, and for them to realise LLW is going to be congested anyway and let it go ahead.
Ryan.B

That is unbelievable, stopping building a ride because of congestion, when I went on one of the busiest days last year the traffic wasn't that bad, what next, are all theme parks going to be banned from adding rides in the future because of traffic, this article is t true I think, it's a theme park, of course it's going to get congested like anywhere else when it's busy!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately these are the things that the local council considers, when a park proposes a new attraction. Often this has meant that Merlin have paid out for something that helps reduce congestion. We shall have to see whether they do so in this situation, or abandon the plans altogether.
Chris
Admin
Admin

It frustrates me that the council even have the power to make a decision like this.

Stating that the park cannot build this attraction or any others that are likely to increase visitor number is ridiculous. The park should put the ball back in their court and ask how they are supposed to keep the attraction alive and interesting without adding new attractions.. I bet they won't have an answer.
JustWill

Best Flat: S.Q.U.I.D Surfer
Best Coaster: The Dragon
Worst Ride: Boating School