Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Swarm Chris

It seemed like most things opened yesterday, with Haunted House on a 40 minute queue at one point.

Meanwhile, Legoland are already pretty much at capacity today with pre-booked tickets. Interestingly, there is no ability for passholders to reserve a space. Kind of makes me wonder about the benefit of being a passholder at Legoland sometimes.
DeadJack5

Eariler today, SouthParks News reported Legoland Windsor Resort revealed their new VIP Club membership program. The membership includes unlimited access to the Resort, gold wristband instant ride access on every visit, complimentary preferred parking and a LEGO birthday gift. Membership is by invitation only and will cost £650 per membership, per year.

This is the first single Resort VIP membership to be offered since the announcement that the Merlin VIP Annual Pass was coming to an end.

What are your thoughts on this latest membership to be offered by the Resort?

Ladyofthelake

I can't say I'm surprised to see this announced, but at the same time I'm also a little surprised that it is such a high price point. Yes, there is a fair amount included, but given that the recently withdrawn VIP Merlin Annual Pass cost £725 for an individual pass (£625 for a family), and included cold drink refills, unlimited entry, fastrack, 2 celebration tickets and 2 golden tickets, the price of this seems steep in comparison - especially as it is just for one park.

I do wonder if this is some kind of trial to see how this type of product goes down. As much as many people will say this is too expensive, there will also be those more than willing to pay for it and as long as people are willing to pay sadly Merlin will feel justified in selling it.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As reported on SouthParks News, Legoland Windsor Resort have submitted plans to redevelop Adventure Land. Plans suggest that the Resort could be getting its very own THE LEGO® MOVIE™ World, similar to the one opened in LEGOLAND Florida Resort earlier this year.

Although originally included in the LTDP as the 2019 attraction, the delay in that being approved now means the new area is scheduled to open in 2021.

The development is expected to consist of:
  • THE LEGO® MOVIE™ Masters of Flight - a flying theatre attraction
  • Unikitty’s Disco Drop - two family drop towers
  • Re-theme of SQUID Surfer, possibly to a variant of Florida's Battle of Bricksburg water-based attraction
  • Benny’s Play Ship - play equipment, including a slide
  • Emmet’s Super Suite - a photo opportunity
  • A games unit kiosk

Swarm Chris

Quite excited by this. I love flying theatres, so having one in the UK will be good. I believe Merlin use a different manufacturer to Disney and a couple of European parks, I hope that its ride feels just as good.
Ladyofthelake

This looks to be a good addition for Legoland provided it gets the go ahead. It'll provide a much needed refresh for an area that is looking very tired and needs some love. The LEGO Movie is huge, and will be for some time so it's a good choice to use for the area. The Flying Theatre will be another indoor attraction which will help add to the ability of the Resort to cope with poor weather.

My only concern is that the local council take too long to make a decision on the plans. The last few developments have taken far longer than it should have done to be given the go ahead, with appeals needed in some cases. There sadly seems to be people on the planning comittee determined to scupper Legoland for no good reason.
Dom

I think this will be a great addition to the park if it gets approved. As people have said, The LEGO movie has been huge so it makes logical sense that they introduce it to the park. Plus it kind of feels like it could be a more grown up area of the park with a few rides for the bigger, but young kids, if that makes sense. 
DeadJack5

As reported by SouthParks News, Legoland Windsor have submitted plans for a new family coaster in Duplo Valley. If approved, the coaster will open during the 2020 season.

Morgan

It's always nice to see a coaster investment (+1 yay), but I'm little concerned about capacity. It's no secret that Legoland is a... busy place to say the least, and the tiny layout means it'll almost certainly be running the one train. Legoland as a park is small and already feels cramped, so hopefully this won't make the park feel like even more of a sardine can. But hey, it's a cute little investment that should hopefully take the weight off of the other coasters.
Coaster Chall

DeadJack5 wrote:As reported by SouthParks News, Legoland Windsor have submitted plans for a new family coaster in Duplo Valley. If approved, the coaster will open during the 2020 season.

Is this possibly SBF Visa Spinner?
Swarm Chris

It seems that this Mack family coaster is the most likely ride type.
PhNx Survivor

That ride actually fits the layout of the proposed details. Think you hit the nail on the head with that one.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
KaiPhillips

A creds a cred.
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA
davey_will1980

Does anyone happen to know what the budget was for the ride? We've been a few times over the last few years and each time I think the theming and station are just amazing, the ride itself is fantastic for the UK, wish we had something similar at Alton.
davey_will1980

Anyone know exactly where in Duplo Land this will be? Is it replacing anything? 
lewis97
Admin
Admin

davey_will1980 wrote:Anyone know exactly where in Duplo Land this will be? Is it replacing anything? 
It’s going along the path connecting MINILAND and Duplo Valley. I don’t believe there are any existing attractions in the location.
davey_will1980

lewis97 wrote:
davey_will1980 wrote:Anyone know exactly where in Duplo Land this will be? Is it replacing anything? 
It’s going along the path connecting MINILAND and Duplo Valley. I don’t believe there are any existing attractions in the location.
Cheers Lewis, I had a quick look there on Google Earth, figured it could be the only place unless they removed something, was worried Storybrook would go for it, the youngest absolutely loves that ride. 
Martinw

lewis97 wrote:
The trees and bushes have been cut down either side of the path connecting Miniland & Duplo Valley, I assume to make way for this new attraction
davey_will1980

Martinw wrote:
lewis97 wrote:
The trees and bushes have been cut down either side of the path connecting Miniland & Duplo Valley, I assume to make way for this new attraction
Moving along nicely then, does anyone have any pictures of the development on-going? 
Morgan

Legoland have shared the first look at the Duplo Dream Coaster on their Facebook page.