Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Swarm Chris

If they only have civil actions available to them, then all Merlin can do is claim damages against them through a court.

Beyond that they'd need proof of an act of aggression or something that would compromise the safety of others before any criminal side could be pursued.

Probably the biggest financial impact they could have on them is to issue a copyright takedown notice on their video.

Don't even know what the fascination with this is. Oh look we went into Legoland at night and it looks exactly like it did during the day, except it's dark, please subscribe.
streetmagix

So it looks like the local council are going to reject the planning application Merlin/Legoland put in for their upcoming expansion.

https://www.windsorexpress.co.uk/galler ... refresh_ce

The council got a legal battering last time with the haunted house ride, I doubt Merlin are going to give up easily this time either.
Dan

Theme Park Guide have posted on Facebook that Legoland has reached capacity today, as well as sharing this photo of the queue for Viking’s River Splash.

LittleReidy

Hi all,

This is probably a really stupid question but I’ve bever stayed at a merlin hotel before so forgive me if it is.

I’m looking to book the Legoland hotel (probably kingdom room) for July 2019. Is there a time of year that is best to book for the lowest price? Like how Walt Disney World do set offers every year, free dining etc. Which makes it best to book at that time for some people.
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Swarm Chris

If you have a Merlin pass, make sure to sign up to their emails as they do fairly frequent Merlin Holiday Club offers. It's possible that occasionally the offers can also be used for non passholder bookings too. They do seem to coincide with something for non-passholders.

I've just gone through the emails I've had for the last year and there have been fairly frequent sales, maybe every 3-4 months, but that the Legoland rooms have never had more than a 20% discount.

I'm unsure about whether the room prices fluctuate throughout the year.
LittleReidy

Swarm Chris wrote:If you have a Merlin pass, make sure to sign up to their emails as they do fairly frequent Merlin Holiday Club offers. It's possible that occasionally the offers can also be used for non passholder bookings too. They do seem to coincide with something for non-passholders.

I've just gone through the emails I've had for the last year and there have been fairly frequent sales, maybe every 3-4 months, but that the Legoland rooms have never had more than a 20% discount.

I'm unsure about whether the room prices fluctuate throughout the year.

Thank you, I’m a pass holder (first time I’ve had one) so I’ll keep my eyes out for any emails.
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
jackf1tz

http://www.legolandholidays.co.uk/annualpass is the website for Annual Passholders.
Swarm Chris

Legoland expect to be at capacity today, with no walk up ticket purchases available today. There are also signs on the M4 and M25 warning that the park is full.

They were also full yesterday!
Sozzy40

At around 8:30 AM this morning, LEGOLAND sold out of tickets and no on-the-day tickets were sold as this was before park opening. Some schools go back today so it's quite a surprise

I was actually planning to go to LEGOLAND today so I had to make a last-minute change to visit Chessington (by the way, we got on 7 rides at Chessington including a fastrack until we had to go home at 1)

EDIT: capacity may have been lowered today according to visitors on their Facebook page
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It’s today been confirmed that the attraction will open on Saturday 13th April.
ProfBurp

Very exciting addition and sounds like could be really well-suited to some of their older visitors, with LLWR going for the younger market obviously, it will be nice to see them cater for some of their slightly older visitors too, a great addition alongside rides like Vikings' River Splash and The Dragon, which also cater for that age group
ProfBurp

The little sneak peak doesn’t show a great deal but looks pretty good!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justin

I may have to take a long overdue visit to LEGOLAND this year, just for this!
Swarm Chris

I love Hex, so having this just down the road from me is awesome.

Although, I'm not sure how many solo visits I could do. :lol
Dom

Parks, Scares and Glitter were at Legoland today and got a little bit of of an update of The Haunted House Monster Party.

Swarm Chris

Having seen this today, the backend sure does look ugly, but thankfully there are some trees around it which should block some of it in the summer. Sadly, it sticks out a fair bit if you're watching the stunt show from in front of Pizza Pasta.
Swarm Chris

The park was running a Lego Movie 2 event today. Emmet, Wyldstyle and Sweet Mayhem were around for meet and greets, with little to no queues for them in the afternoon.

There was also an opportunity to help build a Lego Movie 2 mosaic.

A scavenger hunt around Miniland, where characters from Lego Movie 2 are hiding with a letter each. If you find all the characters and all the letters, you can claim an event pop-badge.

There was also a scene of Apocalypseburg, with Emmet and company hidden somewhere in the scene.

A fun little event, designed to make the opening few weekends a little more interesting. Especially whilst they finish off construction and winter maintenance on a couple of rides.
Dan

Following the launch of The Haunted House Monster Party yesterday, Legoland have announced on their Facebook page that due to technical issues, the ride won’t be open today.
We’re experiencing technical issues with the Haunted House Monster Party, which means that we won’t be in a position to open the ride today (Sunday 14 April). We are working with the ride manufacturer to have the ride back in operation as soon as we can and we’ll keep you informed of any updates on our social channels.

We apologise for any disappointment and hope you will enjoy the many other rides, shows and attractions across the Resort.
Dan says hi

Following on from that last post, LEGOLAND have announced that the Haunted House Monster Party won’t be opening until further notice.
That’s not great at all for the park, especially considering right now they also have The Dragon, Vikings River Splash, Atlantis, Pirate Falls, Raft Racers, Scarab- Bouncers and Sky Rider all closed as well!
Justin

Ouch. I hope they get them all up and running asap. I want to visit again this year as I've not been for years and Haunted House would be my main reason for visiting!