Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

abigsmurf

Really like the idea of ancient stonework filled with magical Lego.

Here's hoping the new land is a good crowd soak to ease up the queues throughout the park. Every time I read people talking about Legoland elsewhere online,  insanely long queues are always the biggest topic.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Yep, for the busiest and most popular park in the UK, I don't think there is a ride there that does over 800 people per hour.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Today, LEGOLAND Windsor has announced that LEGO MYTHICA, the new themed area featuring the UK's first flying theatre named Flight of the Sky Lion, is set to open on 29th May. The area will also include Fire and Ice Freefall - two mini drop tower rides, Hydra’s Challenge - the reimagined interactive wave surfer attraction, and more.

Attraction Source News covers all the details.

Chris
Admin
Admin

Coaster POVs in 5K you say? Here's our first one - the classic Dragon at Legoland Windsor.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

With LEGO MYTHICA publicly opening to guests this weekend, Attraction Source News rounds-up all that the new area has to offer!

abigsmurf

Read good things about Flight of the Sky Lion, apparently it's much more vigorous than Soarin is so sounds like it'll be good fun. I have no doubt it'll have the biggest queues in the park but at least it should help ease off the queues throughout the park.

Now we've a flying theatre in the UK, we just need someone to have a go at making a Spider-man style ride at long last.
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

I visited Legoland a couple of months ago and managed to get a few rides on Flight of the Sky Lion during a Merlin Annual Pass event (which meant that the queues were very minimal).

Overall I was very impressed with the whole area of the park. The storyline and theme work really well and ties the area together quite nicely.

This is the fourth 'Flying Theatre' attraction I've ridden (after Voletarium, Soarin' and Flying Dreams) and I do quite like this type of attraction. I'd say overall compared with the others, it's definitely up there as one of the better ones. It was interesting to see a ride of this type that was more story-driven as opposed to "Let's fly over some areal shots of major landmarks" :lol:
I think it's a shame that the queue is pretty plain - however, at least the throughput should be pretty good with the number of benches and levels that they've installed.

Overall I was impressed with this latest investment - to me it's definitely nice to see a ride like this in the UK at last!
Personally, I'd be interested to see a flying theatre type ride at Alton Towers perhaps? Not sure where/what the theme could be - but I think it could fit well into their ride lineup.
ROYJESS

I love Legoland, I've not been since the pandemic, so I've not experienced the new attractions.

I'm hoping to visit some time in the next few years and hopefully I be able to experience the Flight of the Sky Lion ride and the new themed area when I visit