The future of Nemesis.....

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Has The Smiler Taken Nemesis's crown?

Yes
13%
No
45%
50/50
14%
They are different types of coasters
28%

Total votes: 149
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Nemmy isn't just an amazing ride she's a legend and its what made the park what it is! its just an amazing ride full of history and the park can't get rid of it! its all the park is in one roller coaster and so much more! (I really cant think of words to describe it!!! please just think of you best opinions on it then times it by a billion! haha ) I belive that may upgrade it, new track etc.. but the same layout and maybe add more too it? Nemmy and Blivy are the only two irreplaceable rides, the rest I will happily wave bye to for something better! but theses two, well  I would chain myself to the track in protest ;) 
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Liam B

unfortunately you have to think about the money. At some point in the next 30-40 years parts will start to become fairly old and will need replacing. as in actual sections of the track will need replacing. What I hope is that even if that has to happen Alton will do it as no one will want to see it go! may as well spend another £8 million to rebuild the whole attraction again than chuck it away to be left with a huge whole in the ground and a team pondering over "what could we fill this with...."
DrReeve

hambletwins wrote: unfortunately you have to think about the money. At some point in the next 30-40 years parts will start to become fairly old and will need replacing. as in actual sections of the track will need replacing. What I hope is that even if that has to happen Alton will do it as no one will want to see it go! may as well spend another £8 million to rebuild the whole attraction again than chuck it away to be left with a huge whole in the ground and a team pondering over "what could we fill this with...."
Plus maybe mr amazing wardley might not be around in that time period D,:  so who is gonna replace it candy holland? she can do some alright designs but her placing on rita let her down..
Image credit to Lewis97
scw55

IF Nemesis loses major popularity, Alton Towers could just replace/upgrade the trains.

I'm sure there's more you can do with a 'suspended' train.

Perhaps add '4D effects' to the ride to make the narrative more immersive.
schmatt

scw55 wrote: IF Nemesis loses major popularity, Alton Towers could just replace/upgrade the trains.

Wouldn't be surprised if they offered the ability to 'brave it backwards' and simply turn the end two rows around to give it a new marketing boost.
DrReeve

schmatt wrote:
scw55 wrote: IF Nemesis loses major popularity, Alton Towers could just replace/upgrade the trains.

Wouldn't be surprised if they offered the ability to 'brave it backwards' and simply turn the end two rows around to give it a new marketing boost.
Maybe a forward train and a backwards train
Image credit to Lewis97
Kirsty25

I don't think I'd like nemesis backwards... it doesn't need a gimmick to be totally awesome :)
schmatt

Kirsty25 wrote: I don't think I'd like nemesis backwards... it doesn't need a gimmick to be totally awesome :)
It would defiantly give a much different ride experience to going forward especially the helix, being dragged round the track pinned against the restraints would be quite a thrill. TPR's video has a backwards POV at 2:20 in this video:
jimm123

nemesis backwards, i can only imagine that being totally awesome! i love nemesis so much i dont ever want it to go :(
Heisenberg96

Gets old enough to become vintage and a legacy, then gets a face lift. I don't think the theme of Nemesis will leave for a long time but the ride as we know it now could well be very different by 2025.
Themeparksandy1981

I can see it just been updated you never know they may get new trains and a new station with a better looking monster.
cookiee_munster

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I can see it just been updated you never know they may get new trains and a new station with a better looking monster.
this. i hope this is all that happens. id like to think one day there may be a plussing of the que. a little section where you go into a dig site/cave that was where the monks sacrificed people for the alien/monster.
Krazycoaster

Realistically, Alton aren't going to do much with Nemesis. Just keep on top of maintainence and it'll be around for years to come! It's such an iconic ride, there's no need to change anything and let's face it, Alton aren't going to get rid of it  :D
DrReeve

Krazycoaster wrote: Realistically, Alton aren't going to do much with Nemesis. Just keep on top of maintainence and it'll be around for years to come! It's such an iconic ride, there's no need to change anything and let's face it, Alton aren't going to get rid of it  :D
maybe opening up some of the old queue i see the old queue as immersing you in the ride more
Image credit to Lewis97
LCFCjames

I think in a few years time we will see a paint and refurbish job, much like oblivion has just gone through. A new coat of paint and maybe a refurbishment to the station as well as new theming will keep Nemesis going for many more years yet. If the corkscrew can last for 30 years then I'm pretty sure nemesis will survive that long as well  :D 8)
Themeparksandy1981

cookiee_munster wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I can see it just been updated you never know they may get new trains and a new station with a better looking monster.
this. i hope this is all that happens. id like to think one day there may be a plussing of the que. a little section where you go into a dig site/cave that was where the monks sacrificed people for the alien/monster.
The ride doesn't get a big enough queue to repair and open up parts of the old queue. Also isnt the queue thats to the left hand side of the main entrance now all used for Sub Terra?
Krazycoaster

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
cookiee_munster wrote:
The ride doesn't get a big enough queue to repair and open up parts of the old queue. Also isnt the queue thats to the left hand side of the main entrance now all used for Sub Terra?
No, Sub-Terra's queue is completely new. The queue in discussion goes all the way up to the top near Nemesis' lift hill. I've only ever been up it once, you get some good views of the ride  :D
A

I think they should replace nemesis with an exact replica Vekoma slc lol
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
PeteB

Krazycoaster wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
cookiee_munster wrote: this. i hope this is all that happens. id like to think one day there may be a plussing of the que. a little section where you go into a dig site/cave that was where the monks sacrificed people for the alien/monster.
No, Sub-Terra's queue is completely new. The queue in discussion goes all the way up to the top near Nemesis' lift hill. I've only ever been up it once, you get some good views of the ride  :D
It does get used on occasion, I queued in it at Scarefest 2012 but unless you go on a REALLY busy day it never goes up to the point where it wraps around behind the lifthill.

Another part of the queue which most people don't even remember is the part just after the steps leading up to the station. It used to go all the way up towards Air's lifthill, around the top stall turn and then double back down to the station. Was quite a good part of the queue in my opinion as you would get so many different views of the ride.

I believe they stopped using that when Fasttrack was introduced in the late 90's. Be nice if they could come up with a different queue for Fasttrack and start using this old queue again.
americano

nemesis will get removed in the future because new technology is always being released. look at corkscrew..when that opened that was a big thing at the time but was removed as over time newer and better things were on the market...the same thing will happen with nemesis...over time they'll be something bigger and better designed to fill its place.