The future of Nemesis.....

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Has The Smiler Taken Nemesis's crown?

Yes
13%
No
45%
50/50
14%
They are different types of coasters
28%

Total votes: 149
NemesisRider

They are two ends of the scale.
Nemmy is intense, inverts 4 times, does 50 mph and is older. By 8 years.
Air is more gentle, taking you in a natural direction at 45mph. It came in my birth year (2002) and is quite consistent.
Both hardly ever break down.

Which you prefer is your choice, but Nemmy is of the two best inverteds. Ever.

Air, though, was pioneering technology and has performed worse in polls because of this.
panzerguy77

Nemesis should be removed and replaced with a caterpillar style ride that doesn't give headaches or drip oil on you.
sw7nutter

All B&M inverts drip oil on people, that is hard to stop. As for the rest ill just hope that it was sarcasm as Nemisis is love, Nemsisi is Life.
panzerguy77

sw7nutter wrote: Nemsisi is Life.
Nemsisi is cool, just not Nemesis as I have had a bad experience on it. Inferno wasn't quite as bad admittedly (no oil) but it wasn't fun like AIR or thrilling like the Smiler or Swarm.
stealthsmiler

Ive never had oil dripped on me, and nobody I know has had oil dripped on them. I don't know if I should feel privileged or offended. :lol
Dan

stealthsmiler wrote:Ive never had oil dripped on me, and nobody I know has had oil dripped on them. I don't know if I should feel privileged or offended. :lol
Like I've said in another topic, it isn't oil that drips on you.

When it's wet ie when it rains or early morning when there is some dew, the water mixes with rust on the trains/track and can drip onto people who are riding. This shouldn't cause any permanent damage to your clothes and is quite common with B&M Inverts.
NemesisRider

Dan.N wrote:
stealthsmiler wrote:Ive never had oil dripped on me, and nobody I know has had oil dripped on them. I don't know if I should feel privileged or offended. :lol
Like I've said in another topic, it isn't oil that drips on you.

When it's wet ie when it rains or early morning when there is some dew, the water mixes with rust on the trains/track and can drip onto people who are riding. This shouldn't cause any permanent damage to your clothes and is quite common with B&M Inverts.
Glad that's settled.

I wonder why/how Nemmy outperforms the other US inverts in polls (other that being awesomely awesome)?
Alex

It goes under the ground and fits into the terrain, a lot of American coasters are just built above ground and have little interaction with the surrounding area.
sw7nutter

Raptor is an amazing layout but it is definitely just been put there with no interaction to the ground. Also polls are heavily influenced by the fact that a lot of the UK haven't been on many other coasters so Nemesis picks up a lot of votes because of information failure.
stealthsmiler

I'd probably agree. Ive only ever been on Nemmy and Nemmy inferno for B&M inverts (all over inverts I've been on have been no where near as good as either of the two) so don't have much to compare them too. However looking at the US inverts, they look like they could be way better than Nemmy.
Jack

^^A lot of people who have voted in the Mitch Hawker poll are very well travelled, and Nemesis still comes high up in their rankings :)
sw7nutter

Also a lot of people who have voted in the Mitch Hawker poll are not very well travelled. As well as that ive never really seen the amazingness of Nemesis. Its a very good ride but i wouldn't say its the best, i much prefer speed over intensity.
Themeparksandy1981

sw7nutter wrote:Also a lot of people who have voted in the Mitch Hawker poll are not very well travelled. As well as that ive never really seen the amazingness of Nemesis. Its a very good ride but i wouldn't say its the best, i much prefer speed over intensity.

That poll don't lie http://www.ushsho.com/steelrollercoaste ... ts2013.htm
Nemesis has been in the top 10 coasters in the world 12 times since the poll first started. Only last year it finished 12th. The Smiler first season went in at 38th in the poll and Nemesis still jumped 3 places to 9th. Long live the King
Sr88

Would just like to go back to the paint colour thing for a second. Having seen it this year it has definitely got a lot dirtier this year. A repaint may not be needed (and is a bad idea in my view), but it really ought to be cleaned up. It's beyond what it should be to look good.
NemesisRider

Nemmy just needs some TLC from Alton towers then it would be a million times better. Not that I dislike Nemmy of course, I'm the only one in my family who can ride it and not get a headache... :lol

Like Blivvy, people need to be reminded Nemmy exists. It is an awesome ride. Give Nemmy and Blivvy a new publicity campaign. Attract people to FV in a large scale. Not just the people who want to ride Air.
sw7nutter

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
sw7nutter wrote:Also a lot of people who have voted in the Mitch Hawker poll are not very well travelled. As well as that ive never really seen the amazingness of Nemesis. Its a very good ride but i wouldn't say its the best, i much prefer speed over intensity.

That poll don't lie http://www.ushsho.com/steelrollercoaste ... ts2013.htm
Nemesis has been in the top 10 coasters in the world 12 times since the poll first started. Only last year it finished 12th. The Smiler first season went in at 38th in the poll and Nemesis still jumped 3 places to 9th. Long live the King
That doesnt really apply to my statement, yes it does well in polls but there is many reasons for that. If you were to ask the worlds population and made them ride every ride nemesis would not come where it does. Im sure it would be much lower.
NemesisRider

Nemesis is a great ride. Same with majority of the AT ones. However, this poll did say that The Swarm was only 68 in the world.

I guess it is opinions but Nemesis is awesome no matter what. It probably has the best layout of all the AT rides, except maybe the Smiler (in my opinion).
stealthsmiler

The fact that the Swarm made 68th in the world shows that we can't go off this poll. It is a great roller coaster but there is more than 67 better coasters in the US alone, never mind the rest of the world.
NemesisRider

stealthsmiler wrote:The fact that the Swarm made 68th in the world shows that we can't go off this poll. It is a great roller coaster but there is more than 67 better coasters in the US alone, never mind the rest of the world.
I meant the Swarm was better than 68th but OK...

There is also another poll, however, that is completely dominated by the statistically good roller coasters. Millennium force always wins though. Every single time.
Alton13Nemesis

Am i the only one who thinks there are better than millenium force? Cough*shambhala*cough*