Funny Things You've Overheard at Parks

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
BigAl

I'd love to go down the rapids in a rubber dingy. Not too sure if it'd be a good idea but hey! :P
Ritadz

Something very weird that happend to me on one of my 21 SRQ rides on Nemmy on Saturday was that I got sat next to 3 chavs with Geordie accents, when we hit the breaks to my disbelief they asked me if I liked Nemmy, to which I replied "yeah, it's my favourite ride in the park" They then told me about John Wardley, that it's built in a pit because of building restrictions and how this one of the only 2 B&M Inverts in the UK. I asked how they knew this and they said "some site called Towers Times"

Unbelievable!
BigAl

^ I feel unclean! :cry:
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

[quote=""Ritadz""]Something very weird that happend to me on one of my 21 SRQ rides on Nemmy on Saturday was that I got sat next to 3 chavs with Geordie accents, when we hit the breaks to my disbelief they asked me if I liked Nemmy, to which I replied "yeah, it's my favourite ride in the park" They then told me about John Wardley, that it's built in a pit because of building restrictions and how this one of the only 2 B&M Inverts in the UK. I asked how they knew this and they said "some site called Towers Times"

Unbelievable![/quote]

And did you reply to that, Ah, I think you should feel proud to be a TTF'er at that moment.

That's pretty amazing, never underestimate a Geordie.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Pennywise

[quote=""LCWatAlton""]
And you didn't reply that you are a TTF member! Damn I would have flashed my TT badge in there face with pride![/quote]

GEEK!
gazag

saturday in hex we had 2 great comments

at the turnstile women asked staff "is this a roller coaster"

in the vault from the same women to her child "so in here its like a 4D thing"
RubberDinghyRapids

[quote=""D4n""]Yesterday in the Oblivion queue I heard somebody call Congo River Rapids "Rubber Dinghy Rapids"... like, for real. :P[/quote]

Wasn't me. [-(
themealgang

[quote=""Ritadz""]Something very weird that happend to me on one of my 21 SRQ rides on Nemmy on Saturday was that I got sat next to 3 chavs with Geordie accents, when we hit the breaks to my disbelief they asked me if I liked Nemmy, to which I replied "yeah, it's my favourite ride in the park" They then told me about John Wardley, that it's built in a pit because of building restrictions and how this one of the only 2 B&M Inverts in the UK. I asked how they knew this and they said "some site called Towers Times"

Unbelievable![/quote]

GREAT!

Nice to see that this site DOES get some attention away from the coaster community. See- even the public must "google" Alton Towers to receive some info before they take a trip to Alton Towers! This has made my day...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
themealgang

[quote=""Don't_Look_Down""][quote=""PeteB""][quote=""themealgang""]Well I was stuck behind someone that clearly thought a lot of themselves last season in the Rita queue. I took a resort map out of my pocket, and I must of accidentally brushed it against her without realising. She turned around and said: "will you p**s off with that map".

Find this quite amusing and ironic to be honest as Alton Towers is pitched as such a "family" resort, and then someone goes and uses language like that.[/quote]

:shock: How extremely....errr..... vulgar :roll:

Maybe alton should place signs around the park reminding everyone to watch their P's and Q's, seeing as freedom of speech has just about been taken away these days. Perhaps that women needs some anger management therapy for her aggression too.[/quote]

That kind of behaviour doesn't really surprise me. It's understandable that someone could be ratty after queueing non-stop etc, but that kind of talk really doesn't belong in a family theme park and is unacceptable. It's actually quite tame, considering. I've heard much, much worse at Drayton Manor, but then they do attract a slightly lower class visitor 8-[[/quote]
Absolutely agree that this sort of language doesn't belong in such a fabulous place that is Alton Towers. I don't agree with swearing whatsoever, and it's actually lovely to be part of a forum where this isn't acceptable at all, and we express our views through the use of proper English... Even to illustrate our disapproval! I find it shocking that in today's society, it's just accepted to swear but in my eyes, vulgar language is still disgusting.

Anyway, I'm worried that I'm starting to sound like I'm having rant, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that disapproves of swearing!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
barmy_scotty

01/09/11 in the que waiting for TH13TEEN to open in the morning my friend who i went with pointed to rita and said "i swear thats Thirteen.............awkward silence by the group and my best friend reply no you dumbass thats rita" :L
J01N U5.... Y0U W1LL 5M173.....

Y0U B370NG T0 TH3 5M1L3R

5M1L3!!!

ALWAY5
Alton Freak

I was standing on the bridge for the flume and a chav behind me said "Is that real water they're using"?

Umm... No. It's vodka. Probably scared of getting a wash for the first time in his life :P
djtruefitt

[quote=""Alton Freak""]
Umm... No. It's vodka. [/quote]
It would be one interesting ride if they used vodka!
DiogoJ42

[quote=""themealgang""]I don't agree with swearing whatsoever, and it's actually lovely to be part of a forum where this isn't acceptable at all, and we express our views through the use of proper English... Even to illustrate our disapproval! [/quote]
Too ****ing right mate! :P
Blaze

[quote=""themealgang""][quote=""Ritadz""]Something very weird that happend to me on one of my 21 SRQ rides on Nemmy on Saturday was that I got sat next to 3 chavs with Geordie accents, when we hit the breaks to my disbelief they asked me if I liked Nemmy, to which I replied "yeah, it's my favourite ride in the park" They then told me about John Wardley, that it's built in a pit because of building restrictions and how this one of the only 2 B&M Inverts in the UK. I asked how they knew this and they said "some site called Towers Times"

Unbelievable![/quote]

GREAT!

Nice to see that this site DOES get some attention away from the coaster community. See- even the public must "google" Alton Towers to receive some info before they take a trip to Alton Towers! This has made my day...[/quote]
I read TT after my first trip to Alton, spent hours reading up about it and stuff. Didn't think at the time that one day I'd click the button in the top right corner and then 'sign up' to TTF. :P
DiogoJ42

I think that's how most of us got hooked tbh :lol:
SIMR

[quote=""RubberDinghyRapids""][quote=""D4n""]Yesterday in the Oblivion queue I heard somebody call Congo River Rapids "Rubber Dinghy Rapids"... like, for real. :P[/quote]

Wasn't me. [-([/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU22D6zvEs0

Care to explain? :P
Marie

*small child pointing to Squirrel Nutty ride*
'that could be Oblivion'

Bound to have a great day after hearing this first thing.
It's not a purse, it's a satchel! Indiana Jones has one.
ATJoseph

I heard somthing on the lines of this in a conversation on the flume Q it sounded like inusiast talk so i could understand it :D .

Key
ThorpeGuy
AltonGuy

ThorpeGuy:Oh so this rides like loggers leap
AltonGuy: Yeah it really fun you will like it
ThorpeGuy:i miss thorpe i really am
AltonGuy: Okay okay Okay Stop Talking About Thorpe Its like your dating it and you think your cheating !!!
ThorpeGuy : so i miss my baby thorpe
AltonGuy : Just Shut up about thorpe your making alton look S**T
ThorpeGuy: Dont swar there are kiddes about!!!
Marie

*stupid bint pointing towards a group of people fast tracking Thi3teen queue*

'oh yeah those are the annual pass holders, they can just walk on all the rides all year with their passes'

DO WE??? Heres me joining the back of the queue like some sort of mug all year!!
It's not a purse, it's a satchel! Indiana Jones has one.
NoseyElephant

[quote=""Marie""]*stupid bint pointing towards a group of people fast tracking Thi3teen queue*

'oh yeah those are the annual pass holders, they can just walk on all the rides all year with their passes'

DO WE??? Heres me joining the back of the queue like some sort of mug all year!![/quote]

:clap: ha ha ha! Thats a good one!