Funny Things You've Overheard at Parks

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
scubahood

That is bloody amazing! After spending a lot of time on the Thorpe Park facebook page it has occurred to me that Thorpe Park have possibly the most retarded guests ever. Some of the questions they ask are outrageous and they all ask the same question over and over. I swear some of them think facebook is the internet so instead of a simple google search or checking the Thorpe Park website they ask a dumb question. Phew! Rant over I feel better now  :D
DanteNero666

scubahood wrote: That is bloody amazing! After spending a lot of time on the Thorpe Park facebook page it has occurred to me that Thorpe Park have possibly the most retarded guests ever. Some of the questions they ask are outrageous and they all ask the same question over and over. I swear some of them think facebook is the internet so instead of a simple google search or checking the Thorpe Park website they ask a dumb question. Phew! Rant over I feel better now  :D
Wow... That's a bit harsh x) It is often the same with AT FB page, with 10 people+ a day asking the same question, "what is Sub Terra?" But let them be eh? Maybe they have read something, but just want it verified by a person who knows what they are talking about? Rather then ranting about it, answer their question, or direct them to the website?
Give me a coaster handshake!
scubahood

DanteNero666 wrote:
scubahood wrote: That is bloody amazing! After spending a lot of time on the Thorpe Park facebook page it has occurred to me that Thorpe Park have possibly the most retarded guests ever. Some of the questions they ask are outrageous and they all ask the same question over and over. I swear some of them think facebook is the internet so instead of a simple google search or checking the Thorpe Park website they ask a dumb question. Phew! Rant over I feel better now  :D
Wow... That's a bit harsh x) It is often the same with AT FB page, with 10 people+ a day asking the same question, "what is Sub Terra?" But let them be eh? Maybe they have read something, but just want it verified by a person who knows what they are talking about? Rather then ranting about it, answer their question, or direct them to the website?
Its really not harsh when there are countless posts asking the same questions. Literally the whole page is filled with people asking when the park opens, is there an annual pass day and the latest one is The Swarm the only ride open on opening day. All they have to do is scroll down and they would see the other billion people who have asked and had the answer given to them.
DanteNero666

People are lazy, haha, just let em get on with it.
La Roq

Boz wrote: lol i just remembered this one

When I was operating at Thorpe in 2005, it was mid September and Stealth was still a half completed construction site. I was operating storm in a tea cup when two chavs approached me (must have been at least 13-14 years old), and asked me if that (pointing at stealth construction), would be opened today?
Now i thought this could be a wind up, but they were dead serious. Going along with what i thought was a joke, i told them yeah it should be open at four :hano:
they actually came back at four o'clock and were very annoyed that it wasn't opened yet. i had to explain to them how long it takes to build a coaster, and that i didn't understand how they could possibly believe that a coaster, who's track wasn't even complete yet, could possibly be ready to open on the same day :?
i got a complaint issued against me at guest services, but it was worth to tell a couple of retarded chavs how unbelievably stupid they were 8)
Oh that is the most hilarious thing I have heard in a while. I do not blame you for toying with them as I would of done also so nice one^^
DanteNero666

These overheard phrases have been translated from Chav English to "Standard English" for clarity.
Whilst in the Oblivion Queue: "I had better not hit my head on the hole, my friend did that last year."
Whilst in the Nemesis Queue: "Do they expect us to believe that story? Everyone knows things can't live underground for millions of years!"
scubahood

Lol just saw this on Thorpe Parks facebook page and thought it would be appropriate for the thread

GoldWolf

Queueing for Nemesis: Sub-Terra yesterday infact.

*Actor shouts out instructions before the lifts*
10 year old chav: Shut up man.
Actor: What is that language you speak of, it's not English?
10 year old chav: It's a mash-up init.
Actor: I highly doubt you're a potato.

Everyone was in hysterics.  :lol:
b2311e

Heard a ride host tell a young kid that Oblivion was faster than Rita. I was quite impressed, as some of them don't actually know what they're talking about, but then he spoilt it by saying when it reaches the bottom of the drop, its 79mph!
Lucieloo

GoldWolf wrote: Queueing for Nemesis: Sub-Terra yesterday infact.

*Actor shouts out instructions before the lifts*
10 year old chav: Shut up man.
Actor: What is that language you speak of, it's not English?
10 year old chav: It's a mash-up init.
Actor: I highly doubt you're a potato.

Everyone was in hysterics.  :lol:
See this is just a typical example of why the magic has gone in certain areas. Those actors are doing that all day every day saying the same things over and over and you just get some idiots who think they are clever making comments like that?! Glad the actor came back with that response hope that made the chav feel silly! ~
The whole point of that ride from what I have heard is to create suspense and atmosphere.. idiots like this will ruin it for us all who actually care!!
Rant over lol
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
JaykeAT

Was next to a lovely pair of chavs once who whilst playing bogies one turned to the other and exclaimed "my m8 got stuck in dat blivvy hole once when it did its loop de loopy thingy once and thats why there aint no loop no more", his mate replied "yh i remember dat loop it was epic" That was the only time i have puplically facepalmed
FlamboyantOrange

In the Oblivion queue:
"Last time I went on this it got stuck halfway down the drop - we were there for hours."
Jeez.
Is it possible for me to marry a coaster? Because if it is I'd have a hard time deciding over Furius Baco and Stampida.
------------------------------------------------------------
I believe the Oblivion orange is not flamboyant enough. That is all.
------------------------------------------------------------
"It's a river."
"No, it's a canal." <-- Me. I was right, it was a canal. Not that you care, and this is not relevant, so I'm going to shut up now.
Delta79

on lift hill of Oblivion

My mate in i'm going to poo myself voice - "i'm going fall to my death"

What made me laugh, he is a factory maintenance engineer by trade. you would of thought he would know it was sound.

same bloke on exit "I don't know what worse, an access walkway 40 ft up or that"

in Rita queue line.

Chav "hope it dont push my eye out my ass"

my Engineer mate in reply " well don't sit at the front, eye sticking out of your ass will be the least of your problems if the cable snaps"

Me to engineer mate "you think too much at times"
Last edited by Delta79 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sazzle

*guest on phone to friend in monorail to park*
"Yeah we're just on the way in now, where are you? Blade? Yeah. Do you wanna meet us in Mutiny Bay, you know, at the Rapids?"
*speaks to girlfriend*
"They're at the pirate boat"

Oh god.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
mrbrightside

^ 'now where did I put my enthusiast to GP translation guide...'
ImageImage
scubahood

Not queue line but more stupid things people say on facebook just spotted this gem on the Thorpe Park facebook.

Some people amaze me
SnorlixAlgeon
Location: not near enough to my idea of paradise (alton obviously)

random guy in queue for RITA: Yeah, this one is just like that runaway train ride.

Me: :shock:
nemesis is utterly epical and completely immense. enough said.
Liam B

while on the sky ride it stops as we are going over the gardens

Man on speaker: sorry ladies and gentlemen we are just restarting the sky ride and shall be running again very soon.

You then here a phone ringing as somebody has pressed the button in another gondola.

man: hello?

Silly woman: HELP ITS STOPPED!!
b2311e

hambletwins wrote: while on the sky ride it stops as we are going over the gardens

Man on speaker: sorry ladies and gentlemen we are just restarting the sky ride and shall be running again very soon.

You then here a phone ringing as somebody has pressed the button in another gondola.

man: hello?

Silly woman: HELP ITS STOPPED!!
What did he reply? Or was he sitting there facepalming  :lol:
Liam B

think he just hung up :P