Toyland Tours 1994 photos and more old Alton Towers photos...

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
BigAl

I was looking back at some old photographs when I came across many of Alton Towers. I thought some of you guys might be interested so I've taken the time to upload them for all to see. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I may come across more and upload them here again.

Here are the Toyland Tours photos from it's first year of operation. I didn't even know I'd even been on it because I was only 1 back then but there you go! Sorry about the poor quality too. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

This was my favourite attraction and I was extremely sad when I heard it had left the park. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
Last edited by BigAl on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

Thanks for sharing.

Toyland Tours was such a busy ride - loads to look at during the experience. Everything about it was a jolly, happy, fun filled experience.

Then they built Charlie.

:P
BigAl

They should have some sort of memorial for Toyland Tours, it was pure epicness! When I saw the deconstruction images you have on here it really did make me very sad.

I have 9 other photos I'll be uploading soon. I also have about 38 other photos to sort through and scan some of those in too. There may be more hidden around the house as well.

Edit: Damn it, I've just noticed I missed the 's' of 'Towers' in this topics title. Woops! :oops:
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Awesome pics there, my childhood memories are already flooding back to me!

Thanks.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
themealgang

Well, didn't that ride look fab back in the day.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
BigAl

Here are some more photos I've found. Two dodgy ones of the parade, one of the magnificent and sorely missed Peter Rabbit: On Ice and another of the Towers taken from where the Hole in One and Zorbs are now (I think :P ). Enjoy!

Thank goodness neither of my parents are photographers! :lol:
lozzyhickers

Thank you so much for sharing these, both of you.

I was only a small child at the time, but I rememebr it as if it was yesterday! Those attractions were my favourite at the park.
BigAl

I'm glad people like the photos. If only it were possible to use photos as portals to the past and step through them into the old Alton Towers where admission was cheap, Fastracks were free and effort went into theming rides! :P
Stelios7

I wonder what the memorial of Toyland could of been, the Elephant?

The Bouncing Bugs should of been themed around the Elephant, although I loved the old Ug Bugs theme.
Last edited by Stelios7 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Crab of Nemesis

Thanks for posting them, reminds you how magical the park used to be.

I never understood why Toyland Tours had to go, the money could have been better spend replacing some if the old effects in it and updating the ride system (all at a fraction of the cost), but I suppose that would've been harder to market than Charlie and the dark and dingy factory of horror...
ImageSince 2008
Stelios7

^ It was getting very dated though, you had to admit.
The Crab of Nemesis

[quote=""Stelios7""]^ It was getting very dated though, you had to admit.[/quote]

Perhaps, but it was younger than Duel/Haunted House. I know that has had a revamp and the lasers change it quite alot, but the overall basis is the same ride. Why not give Toyland a similar makeover. Maybe it wouldn't have been as good (akin to Duel/Haunted House) but I think most would prefer it to Charlie.

But then maybe I'm being over-nostalgic and should remember that the ride is for kids and not me :)
ImageSince 2008
lozzyhickers

It was really sad when some of the effects started to go. The magic started to go a bit.
But i'm sure that if it was refurbished it would have been as magical as ever. I remember really long queues on that ride when I was little, and it was worth it everytime.

Even once it had gone, the theme was played in the cable cars, reminding me of the good times, but now they just play rubbish.

I miss that elephant =(
BigAl

Yeah, they're too busy telling you about what the resort has to offer and what you could be spending your money on. Advertising bombardment tbh! :/
TowersJake

Just shows how Alton's effort in entertainment was big look at it now.

ATJakee Youtube Channel !
AltonTowersNerd

Wow great photos of Toyland Tours back from its opening year.
cybermen39

Henry's Parades
cybermen39

Hi if go into the history section then go to from the archives section then to year by year section then down to Henrys parades there are loads of great photos shows how much effect was put into the park.