3 Wishes...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Don't_Look_Down

Take away The Blade. That thing is over 30 years old now and not particularly thrilling, nor interesting. Forbidden Valley doesn't really need two flats, either.

Bring back the railway, as others have said.

Retheme or add to Gloomy Wood. The whole area is dull and serves as nothing nothing more than a shortcut to FV or MB.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""Don't_Look_Down""]Retheme or add to Gloomy Wood. The whole area is dull and serves as nothing nothing more than a shortcut to FV or MB.[/quote]

What i'll never understand is why they didn't incorporate either the Spider or Octopus into Gloomy Wood for the start of the 1992 season instead of removing them both from the park completely around that time.

:)
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""][quote=""Don't_Look_Down""]Retheme or add to Gloomy Wood. The whole area is dull and serves as nothing nothing more than a shortcut to FV or MB.[/quote]

What i'll never understand is why they didn't incorporate either the Spider or Octopus into Gloomy Wood for the start of the 1992 season instead of removing them both from the park completely around that time.

:)[/quote]

Me neither.

The area needs something besides Duel, at least.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
lozzyhickers

Keep all rides maintained and looking pretty

Toyland tours, spruced up and maybe a bit longer

Another dark ride/ghost train
Nightfall

What amazes me is whenever these topics appear we always call out for old rides to be replaced and past rides brought back. Why?

The Blade, Enterprise, Submission, The Flume and Ripsaw might be past their best but I can not understand why so many people would rather see them replaced. I’d just like it if they added a new ride without having to remove an old one. It’s hardly like Alton has too many flats, quite the opposite.

As for bringing back old ride’s I can understand the appeal of having Duel as the Haunted House again. The infrastructures still there along with most the props, still maintained and up to date. But having a long lost attraction resurrected seems pointless. I’d much rather the park tries something new.

It’s funny when you think about it. In 10 years time they’ll probably be people on here demanding Enterprise back because it goes well with Oblivions turn. Yet here we are saying it needs to go, not because it’s taking up space for a future attraction but because it’s getting old.
[align=center]Image[/align]
CoasterCrazyChris

I feel the same way too. There is nothing wrong with Enterprise, Submission, Ripsaw or the Blade, being perfectly honest. Yes, they need shedloads of maintenance each season but replacing something just because it was built in the 80's and is considered "old" now is not a valid reason.

People also moan about Sumbsission and Enterprise's lack of theming. There is a reason...because it simply isn't needed. The rides themselves are visually interesting enough, they are the theming. I couldn't imagine anything else in place of Enterprise either. If it does get too old to run then I hope they replace it with a similar model.

Submission is a bit uncomfortable but it's still good fun in my eyes...
dominoes

1. Get rid of Enterprise and Submission
2. Fix or replace Ripsaw and Blade
3. DARK FOREST FLAT RIDES

p.s Can I also have a B&M Hyper?
joe.turberfield

1- Retheme gloomy wood becasue they have dark forest now, but dunno what to do with duel ?? :/
2- Bring back a ride in the black hole tent
3- Bring in some thrilling rides like thorpe park (e.g. rush, slammer..)
JayTricky

1) - Sell Enterprise and Submission, use the remaining area to build one really impressive flat ride.

2) - Replace duel with a new and scarier Haunted House.

3) - Put a ride, preferably a compact coaster inside the Black Hole Tent.
Benjsh

1. Blade to Mutiny bay seems logical with the pirate them etc.

2. Coaster/Thrill ride for Black Hole Tent !!! X-Sector is literally on its backside without a ride being in the tent. It would give the area and, more importantly, Oblivion a new lease of life too.

3. Get rid of the flume. I have no time for nostalgia, its soon going to be 2012. Log Flumes, although once the cornerstone for any themepark, are a thing of the past. At least log flumes as we currently know them anyway. Replace it SW7, a highly themed (pirate) water coaster that has plenty of thrills and splashes.

If this were to happen, it would vastly improve 3 different areas of the park and would relocate the only ride in FV, Blade, that looks out of place.
AshleeK

1 - Build a flat ride in Gloomy Wood, the area seriously needs another attraction besides Duel.

2 - Replace Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with a new boat ride, one that doesn't suck.

3 - Do something good with the Black Hole tent. It's been derelict for far too long.
RyanY

1) Alton Towers give free ultimate fast tracks to all TTF members.

2) A compact eurofighter in the black hole tent.

3) SW7 a B&M floorless on the air car park.

[-o<
I'llookdownifiwanto

1.) Retheme air; it has virtually no themeing, and i was under the impression that Mr. Wardley's speciality was themeing.

2.) bring back the haunted house! duel is boring and a scary environment doesn't usually have the only thing you can hear being: peew! peew! peew! (the fact that i always lose has nothing to do with it, honest!)

3.) Possibly expand/ add a significant themed area for sonic spinball. The themeing for spinball is great, but an arcade themed area with something like a space invaders ride would be great!

:D

*sniffs* "Don't like m£rlin" :(
Shona

I want so badly for Charlie to be made into a good ride. I think it always has had the potential. It just obviously wasn't finished when it was opened and they haven't ever either got around or been bothered to do anything about it. I like it mainly, it just is missing a few things that would make it a great ride.

The ride I want back would be Black Hole. I was always too much of a scaredy-cat to go on it when it was there. It left when I was 8, and at that time the only rides I would let my mum drag me on were Nemesis and Corkscrew. I just didn't believe her when she said it was just a rollercoaster, I thought it was something a lot worse than that, but I regret not going on it so I'd love it to come back. Also, the tent isn't being used for anything else. True, they probably have plans for the tent, but I want Black Hole back.

I want Forbidden Valley to get a new Oasis themed ride for 2012. I think the idea of the two halves of the Valley is really good, and I love Air, but I think Air is on it's own, and it would be great to have something else to join it, maybe something like the robot arm in the concept art for Th13teen, but more Oasis themed.
Gaga ist Kunst