A Part Of Ugland Will Close, On The 20th September!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Ron_Mc_Don

How long would it take to build the woody or a woody of the same scale.
haydn!

[quote=""kylies_kitty""]
to the left of Corkie on that photo there is an area of cleared land, which i think, bearing in mind where the station is supposed to go, is big enough for a thunderlooper type coaster.
That peice of cleared land is where the Skyride is. The launched coaster station is going in the wooded area to the right of corky. near corkys entrance station.[/quote]

No, i think he means the space, directly next to the Corkscrew, the skyride comes across the front, and u can see the very begining of its station further up at the edge of the picture. If you draw a line between this and the pylons near Ug Swinger, you can see this area next to the corkscrew would have good clearance.
Phil

HHmmm... so this 'launched' coaster will be actually in ug-land, or the area around it? I doubt they would build 2 coasters at one time, will they?

It was me that started all this two coasters thing off last night, with a post after I got in from the pub.

In reference to the site on the photo i was talking about was that strip of land right by the site of Corkie, some of which I think i used for its q-line - but that seems about to change.

Apparently the 2005 coaster was confirmed in the staff newsletter today, but does anyone know if this 2006 ride was talked about in the newsletter? Jamie or anyone?

I just don't see what this new coaster for 2005 can be at the minute because of where we are led to believe the station will go - that dino skull at the front - is it booster or looper or somethin else? "Les Dennis" - The survey said......... :? :?

But I think we may get two coasters here, 2005 minor, 2006 major. Someone must know something with all these people who seem to know Tussuads management! :)
Squiggles

By the sounds of it, what originally came out is what is going to happen.... a Thunder Looper style coaster opening next year (by the sounds of it going from the Dino Skull to Boneshaker).

Then this 2006 coaster sounds like a bigger coaster which will fill the rest of the boneshaker site, the Ug Swinger site and the area behind that leads down towards Slain Hollow.

(at least that's what it sounds like to me)
Edwardo..... move me!
Ron_Mc_Don

Yey bring on 2005 and bring back boneshaker. Lets hope that it will be run on good settings when it comes back.

By the sounds of it this ain't gonna be a family orientated ride as many expected,if it is based at 18-30 year olds. So maybe not a Booster Bike, but Thunderlooper could definately still fit - but this 3 sec 0-100km and Europe first seem to make it sound like a different coaster.

Ade was it actually worded "first of its kind in Europe"? (sorry if you only copied off rideas and didn't see newsletter)

What can it be - it ain't a "world first" but "europe first" and sounds like maybe -quite a major coaster - so if not a thunderlooper kind of ride - maybe aquatrax??
Phil

Perhaps we could close this topic and continue it in the other one, as things are getting a bit repetitive?

Anyway... yeah divemaster, i agree. The booster-bike option has been thrown out of the window now in my view (not sure if there was any intent to put a booster-bike in ugland, but ah well), well for ug-land anyway. A thunderlooper coaster would not be a europe's first, we all know that. Some research will need to go on now to figure out what they intend to install. Another point which can definately show it won't be a booster-bike is that it can't be europe's first, as Toverland have one in Holland.

If anyone has any plans or info, you know where to post! :wink:
Phil

[quote=""adam_""] i'm thinking Vekoma. [/quote]

In that case....

Vekoma:

''Riders experience a launch from zero to 90 kilometers per hour in less than three seconds on our LSM (Linear Synchronic Motor) Launch Coasters.
The power of the launch forces you back into your seat with more than 1.5 G grasping for breath.
A number of fast turns and smooth inversions let you experience this marvelous roller coaster ride with its three inversions and a maximum G-force of 4.5 G's.
In new designs launch speed can even be increased up to 150 kilometers per hour!
To reduce power demand, our newest launch coasters can also be equipped with a new hydraulic launch system.''

It has a very compact layout, with quite low clearance (height) And could easily fit in ug-land.

http://www.vekoma.com

:? Hmmm...
Phil

AND... would i be right saying there isn't one of these in EUROPE? (not 100% sure as i haven't double checked, but from memory, i don't think there is...)
Squiggles

Unfortunantly I think there are two Vekoma LSM coasters in Europe, one at DLP and one at Six Flags Holland.
Edwardo..... move me!
Phil

Hmm.. ok, back to the drawing board! Looking back on what was said in the newsletter....
- 2005 will see a new attraction in Ug Land, the new ride is a launched roller coaster, it will be the first of its kind in Europe to go from 0-100kmp/h in under 3 seconds. The ride will mainly be aimed at the 18-30 age group and is expected to be very popular - drawing crowds to a rather redundant area of the park.
''it will be the first of it's kind in Europe to go from 0-100kmp/h in uner 3 seconds''

Looking closely at the wording, it doesn't rule out a booster-bike option. Basicly is it could be saying that it will be the first booster-bike in Europe to reach speeds of 100kmp/h in under 3 seconds? Anyone confirm?
Squiggles

It's sounding suspiciously like we could be seeing an Intamin Impulse Coaster or Suspended Catapult Coaster.

Both would be European firsts, both are capable of 100km/h, both have aspects in common with the Thunderlooper.
Edwardo..... move me!
Phil

But both would easily exceed the tree level height..
Squiggles

Surely that would depend why you did with them... after all by rights Nemesis should exceed tree height and so should Oblivion.
Edwardo..... move me!
Theme park monkey

It could be a booster bike but with inversions. maybe you could ride around on raptors or something. i like the sound of that! :D
bohoboy

Both would be European firsts, both are capable of 100km/h, both have aspects in common with the Thunderlooper.
Any launched coaster has aspects in common with the thunderlooper
Adz
Admin
Admin

Yes Adrian i did. Great isnt it. as i have in my possesion some plans (well scanned copies) of this coaster i can tell you that it will be amazing. it's just what Alton Towers need to help them get back on there feet and get enough money together for there next big investment, which is likely to be 'jazzland'. Just proves you don't need planning permission to build something at Alton Towers (Cheadleperson) I look forward to 2005 a lot more then before now., up until now i have been told several things about this 'Hydrolic' Coaster but now it appears that it's confirmed that it's happening.

2005/2006 Will be two very good years for Alton Towers, what with SW7 and all.
Babyshambled

Great news, how long do you think before we know more about this coaster
Also will the Ugland theme be staying?
Adz
Admin
Admin

adrian@towerstimes.co.uk

Send away Adam!!!!!
I was thinking of keeping them as an exclusive for MY site. sorry to dissapoint. i dislike being blackmai.. told the way to get back into your 'good books' is by giving you my plans. but oh well. who cares. Theme Parks are about fun which is what i intend to have while talking about them. of course you can make a start on getting into my good books by unblocking me on MSN.

Anyway thats the last semi depressing post from me!
Last edited by Adz on Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.