A Part Of Ugland Will Close, On The 20th September!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Cjw

With good design,it could easily go around ugland

Dragons fury at chessington manage to spring out of nowhere
bohoboy

theres so much space with the removal of ugswingers and boneshaker. i'm imagining a layout something like this. Launch out over to the ugswing location, a couple of helixes is this area and the boneshaker area, then a series of hills following the direction of the corkscrew lift hill, round the back and the brake run running parallel to the corkscrew's.
Phil

I still won't beleive anything until i see the facts. I'm not saying your not telling the truth adam, i hope you are.
heyheyitsholloway

The thing that confuse's me is, the land this new coaster is going to use is surely part of the land the woodi would of used. does this mean the plan for the woody has been scraped.. or would the woodi not effect the new coaster at all?
Squiggles

It shhouldn't really encroach on the Woodies area very much, as that was focused mainly in the woodland to the east of Ug Land.

The more information we hear about this the more it sounds like the Corkie still has quite a bit of a future at AT, as by the sounds of it the new coaster will be more or less running up against the Corkscrew, suggesting the plans involve the Corkscrew remaining.
Edwardo..... move me!
Phil

Perhaps we'll see the 'coaster corner' re-born? Accept in another corner. Ug-land will seem very small now if the coaster is re-built, with only 2 rides? Perhaps we can expect a new flat ride in the area some time soon?
Anonymous

I would like to apologise to DAN its been a long season at alton towers working there all through the season the staff have heard loads of things about the changes and at the last minute the planns change again so when it was made official to the staff the other day i got a bit excited.

Other changes to Ug land is that the Arcade is going and do is Ug Family shooting game and the rockshot game and sabre tooth shy building in ug land is being transfered into the photo shop for new ride. Dino Derby and the other games are staying but dont know about sokasaurus that might go. lava lump might go as well these will go beging of next season.

If you already have said this DAN then i apologise these are what my boss was told today by the big boss. and they are gonna open up vintage cars and carousel again but they got alot of weeding to do it looks a right mess behind that fence lol.
nuttysquirrel

and they are gonna open up vintage cars and carousel again but they got alot of weeding to do it looks a right mess behind that fence lol.
So do you know why they actually closed these rides in the first place then? :?: :?
Theme Park Domination...Coming soon!
Squiggles

Well it has begun...

Apparently work started today on the removal of the Boneshaker.
So do you know why they actually closed these rides in the first place then?
I would imagine (or hope) that originally Jazz Land had been planned to be constructed over this season, but with the change of managment got delayed or shelved.
Edwardo..... move me!
Adz
Admin
Admin

Well it has begun...

and guess what tomorrow is!! The 10th! read other posts and see what me and Kylies kitty have been saying. Doesnt that prove something. like we had insider info?
Vik

Well it has begun...

There was no activity today in ugland, and there certainly was nobody anywhere near boneshaker, it was still there in one piece at closing time.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Dan K

[quote=""Adam_""]its not often i know/have something others don't so i was going to enjoy it. as would anyone else.[/quote]
Okay, I understand what you're saying, I just have a difference of opinion is all. I think it's a bit cruel to play the "I know something you don't know" game. But it seems I'm in the minority, a lot of members here like the guessing games and to that I say fair enough! But *personally* I like to share what I know. It's not as if either of us is important or anything. We just happened to hear stuff.

[quote=""kylies_kitty""]once again adam is getting flack because he has to do it in cryptic way to try ant not get his leak at the offices at AT into trouble and jeopdising their job. This has been pointed out before, oh adn adam also put it up about the launched coaster before taht was put up on ata... sorry to burst bubbles here.[/quote]
Okay, I really do get tired of this. Hundreds of people knew about this coaster before either myself or Adam heard about it, so the "someone high up could lose their job" stuff is nonsense. To trace a source would be damned difficult when there are *so* many people inside Tussaud's and outside who will have known about it a lot longer than we did.

[quote=""Adam_""]
Sighhh does it really matter who told what first?!
According to Dan yes.[/quote]
That's a cheap shot - the whole reason I posted my first post in this topic is because I was a bit put off by your "I was right, you weren't, I knew about it before anybody else, I'm special" type attitude. I'm sorry if that wasn't your intention but that's how it came across to me. I don't give a monkey's who found out about it first, because as I just said, hundreds of people knew before we did so why does it matter?

Erm... in an attempt not to steer this off-topic... Corkscrew won't be removed, as we've already heard, and I doubt it's gonna disappear anytime soon. It's by far the cheapest "major" coaster for the Towers to operate, so go figure. ;) But even if money wasn't a factor, I doubt they'd get rid anyway.
Squiggles

There was no activity today in ugland, and there certainly was nobody anywhere near boneshaker, it was still there in one piece at closing time.
According to one of the Ug Land rides ops (the one who has given us all the info in the last few days) it no longer has any electrical systems, so its possible they have been removed while you were not in the area and the ride would look no different.
Edwardo..... move me!
Vik

ye supose, it did look in a very sorry state tho, so when it is removed doubt we will be seeing it in another area of the park, if anywhere at all, looks like a trip to the scrap heap for it which would be a shame.

Going again on 29 oct so hopefully will be able to see a clearer picture of whats happening
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Anonymous

kylies_kitty wrote:
once again adam is getting flack because he has to do it in cryptic way to try ant not get his leak at the offices at AT into trouble and jeopdising their job. This has been pointed out before, oh adn adam also put it up about the launched coaster before taht was put up on ata... sorry to burst bubbles here.

Okay, I really do get tired of this. Hundreds of people knew about this coaster before either myself or Adam heard about it, so the "someone high up could lose their job" stuff is nonsense. To trace a source would be damned difficult when there are *so* many people inside Tussaud's and outside who will have known about it a lot longer than we did.
So how come back in may no other forum knew about it when me and adam did....... Your not the only one whos getting sick and tired of this dan, most of us lot are aswell. Like has been said before, does it really matter who knew what and when? For godsakes, this is supposed to be a coaster community not a "lets see whcih forum can outdo the otehr by information just to annoy the other one" which it is currently speeding towards. Now, for one final time of asking, can we now just drop who knew what and when and on which forum they got it from please. If i have to beg i shall do! and belive me, its not a pretty site when i do beg.
Dan K

I'm not sure how that point is relevant to be honest, it doesn't matter whether you knew back in March or February or whenever, you'd still not be the first to know by a long stretch! Hence "I can't say, they'll fire somebody important" isn't valid. Did you honestly think you were part of a small clique of about 10 people that knew about it or something? :shock:

EDIT: (cos you edited and I didn't get to see that bit ;))

Please, listen to me, I'm agreeing with you here! Take my words at face value, I don't say one thing and mean another. This isn't about one forum trying to "do one over" on another, I think that Towers Times has done brilliantly to reveal some marvellous exclusives recently and I congratulate them for it. Just because I moderate the board of a different AT fansite doesn't mean I automatically hate you guys or something, lol.
And the whole point of my posts wasn't to say, "see, I knew before you did, ner ner", which is how I think you took it. If it came across like that I apologise, it wasn't meant to. It wa meant to say exactly what you said, but directed at Adam - eg, "does it matter?" because he seemed to think it did, which is a point I addressed in my previous post.

Now c'mon, please, let's drop it. I'm quite happy to keep this to PM. If you want to keep it in the topic then I'm cool with that too. Whatever, I don't mind. :) Peace and love and all that.
Last edited by Dan K on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash

Well my visit on the 6th caused me to see one ot two workmen carrying what looked like brouchures in UG and talking to ride operators off all the rides on being ma mates brother who works on corkie.ANd yes i know his name and where he lives so im not lying. This workmen in an overall after a bit of stalking was followed into that little building by the side of corkie and left the door wide open.I couldnt tell what he was doing though.

If it helps. Theres what ive seen
bohoboy

I would imagine (or hope) that originally Jazz Land had been planned to be constructed over this season, but with the change of managment got delayed or shelved.
No i'd imagine that they were closed because no-one rides them anymore, not with better versions elsewhere in the park closer to the action.
Squiggles

[quote=""Adam_""]
Well it has begun...

and guess what tomorrow is!! The 10th! read other posts and see what me and Kylies kitty have been saying. Doesnt that prove something. like we had insider info?[/quote]

The thing is Adam, this is the first time your source has managed to be given any credability, as you have made it incredably difficult to believe them so far. ....

-You have systematically avoid giving out any information on your source.

-You have given out cryptic clues, all of which give out information that has previously been around in the forums (mostly through the plans which AdamFlack has provided). This makes it sound like you are just rehashing the original information. (I realise that you have been trying to make sure you don't compromise your source's job, but why not keep the cryptic stuff for the information that is actually new and just post normally when your source has agreed with already released information, this would make your source seem more reliable.)

-You have said you have photos and you will put them on the forums, then not done.

-And you have been oozing the "I know something you don't know" attitude.

All of that has made it quite hard to know whether or not you actually have inside information or not. So while there are people who are willing to just say what they know, it is easier to wait until they say something then to actually believe your source.

I know that that's probably a little harsh, but your actions with the information you have over the past couple of months have caused a lot of friction on the forums, which if anything has damaged the community, having information does not mean everyone should suddenly believe everything you say, or give you respect, those are things you earn by the way you treat people and the community as a whole.
Edwardo..... move me!
Squiggles

[quote=""bohoboy""]
No i'd imagine that they were closed because no-one rides them anymore, not with better versions elsewhere in the park closer to the action.[/quote]

The thing is- if no one rode the Cred Street Carousel anymore, why has Alton decided to open the Gallopers about 10m away from it (a cheaper, less exciting version of it)?

If no one rode the Vintage Cars anymore, why do they appear on the Jazz Land plans?

And why are they both still there? Why not remove them and replace them with a new kids attraction that would bring guests back to this area of the park? (as it is, the only extra people who will have been attracted are avid gardeners, come to pull up the multitude of weeds)
Edwardo..... move me!