A Part Of Ugland Will Close, On The 20th September!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Just had a quick look on Coasterforce and a couple of other sites and people are saying with the exclusion of Corkie the whole of Ugland is about to be fenced off for the new coaster. Is this true???

I know there are people who work on Ug games that use this forum - can you confirm this as you would know???

Looks like the talk of footers being delivered is becoming more solid - also Corkie was supposedly due to be closed over the next couple of days - possibly now it is to change the q/exit line while ug is fenced off? Can anyone confirm???

Station is supposedly supposed to go where the big dino skull is. So could we see a change of theme???
neon

great to here they are getting started ,I was there today and noticed that the big green shed behind the food stands was gone , sorry if this as been said before
Ron_Mc_Don

There is no chance that the station can change position. It is designed to go where it is now. Who ever said that is talking rubbish. Thats like saying that the oblivion station is moving to the top of the lift hill.
I would like to see the work start or even a plan to see how big this coaster is to be.
If it is planned to go where ug swinger is then i could see that some part could get fenced off.
bohoboy

not the corkscrew station, the station of the new coaster.
Squiggles

I would think this is all quite likely as all the information has come from a guy who is a ride op in Ug Land/Cred Street and is usually pretty good for information.

This would also fit in with what one of the games staff was saying about the staff from Ug Land having to work in Cred Street.

According to the source the Ug Swinger will be closed (at least for the rest of the season, possibly for good) and the UG Bugs will be moved into Cred Street for the rest of the season.
Edwardo..... move me!

well from what people are saying, footers arriving on the 10th, i guess we only have two days to find out. :)
Ron_Mc_Don

I know this might seem strange but who actually making the ug land coaster. I also hope that some flat rides are put in to balance the area out a bit.
Adz
Admin
Admin

who actually making the ug land coaster
i'm thinking Vekoma.

You assuming a compact version of Booster Bike plan then Adam_?

I'm not sure. I can still remember people talking about a Wild Mouse coaster for Ug laind earlier in the season.

You know any different from your sources Adam_?
Squiggles

The two hot contenders would be Intamin and Vekoma.
Edwardo..... move me!

Yep i'd guessed that one squiggles :)

Just wondered if Adam_ had heard anything from his friends at Tussuads management or not, as to why he was saying Vekoma? :)
Adz
Admin
Admin

Just wondered if Adam_ had heard anything from his friends at Tussuads management or not, as to why he was saying Vekoma?
Nope i have not heard much about the manufacturer. I shall try and find out.

As to your comment about my 'friends' at Tussauds i would just like to say this to TTF: Look who was telling the truth! Look who went to the trouble of getting you information LONG before anything official comes out. it was me!! of course im not forgetting the other Adam who kindly provided us with those plans, Thanks Adam, I think its safe to open the Humble Pie stall now!

Got a large slice just for cheadleperson, infact you can have a whole pie just for yourself.
Anonymous

Well yep the ug bugs are going cred street and swingers are going and the cue line for corkscrew is being moved to the back so the entrance for cork will be somewhere else..

talks are now that sokasaurus might be cut off as well which is not a big loss no one uses that from oct onwards try filling water baloons in oct its a nightmare within 10 mins your hands are frozen. memories of last season.

the new ride in ug land is gonna be a thunderlooper ride but alot different than the older thunderlooper station going where big dino skull is and down past arcade. where shaker was.. past few days we have had people walking round with map lookin at the area.

dont know if you all know that already but i work in UG LAND so thought id mention it from the horses mouth rather than gossip.

from dazzler
Anonymous

OHHH also just thougth id say that so far there are no planns to start building jazz land if they do start building it wont be till next season. they might open up the Vintage Cars and Carousell again when ug land gets fenced off on sept 20th..

dazzler yet again
Dan K

[quote=""Adam_""]Look who was telling the truth! Look who went to the trouble of getting you information LONG before anything official comes out. it was me!! of course im not forgetting the other Adam who kindly provided us with those plans, Thanks Adam, I think its safe to open the Humble Pie stall now!

Got a large slice just for cheadleperson, infact you can have a whole pie just for yourself.[/quote]
Sorry to rain on your parade big guy, but if you check ATA any time soon you might see that I was the one who broke the Ug Land coaster news. Ah well.

And I've been told that it'll be Intamin, as I reported over a month ago.
Crofty

mmm. so if this new "Thunderlooper type ride " station is heading off From the Dino mouth feature and off towards boneshaker, wont this cut off Corkie all together :?: UNLESS, It is going to be a raised track boosted coaster that would enable access for corkies entrance, exit and quelines.

Very interesting.

:D :D
bohoboy

I can still remember people talking about a Wild Mouse coaster for Ug laind earlier in the season.
The line on this that the coaster would be similar in size to the alton mouse
and with regards to a thunderlooper style ride, im imagining it is similar in that it is launched. The ammount of space being cleared would definately imply a circuit coaster.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Sorry to rain on your parade big guy, but if you check ATA any time soon you might see that I was the one who broke the Ug Land coaster news. Ah well.

And I've been told that it'll be Intamin, as I reported over a month ago.
check when you came out with that and when i started releasing cryptic clues.
Dan K

That would take me ages, not knowing where to look. Feel free to put a link up here/on PM.

Cryptic clues, those things that don't tell people what's happening, just hint at it. I prefer to tell people what I know, myself. Each to their own.
Adz
Admin
Admin

That would take me ages, not knowing where to look. Feel free to put a link up here/on PM.
The topic i originally released something in has been deleted, but it was long before your post on ATA. i'm sure many can back that up.
Cryptic clues, those things that don't tell people what's happening, just hint at it. I prefer to tell people what I know, myself. Each to their own.
Mine were somewhat different, once you worked them out it gave a lot of information. i wasnt going to make it easy though. its not often i know/have something others don't so i was going to enjoy it. as would anyone else.