A Part Of Ugland Will Close, On The 20th September!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Adz
Admin
Admin

The thing is Adam, this is the first time your source has managed to be given any credability, as you have made it incredably difficult to believe them so far. ....
Just to point out, KK actually got the 10th information. not me. i had it hinted to me but never told.

Wow there my friend i started this topic to inform people of what i had seen on other sites about what could be about to happen in Ug land and so people could debate that here - such is the nature of this forum.

Most people seem to be doing that and getting excited like myself about a possible new coaster for the park.

I haven't got time for this squabbling thats developed over who released what info and to be honest don't really care. I ain't having ago a just adam__, but please stop.

Phew, back on topic - anyone going to the park tomorrow, if so pleae take pics if there is anything to see
Crofty

[quote=""DiveMaster""]
Phew, back on topic - anyone going to the park tomorrow, if so pleae take pics if there is anything to see[/quote]

Me :D :D I'll have a look out for any thing interesting.

I'm sure we will see some thing confirmed soon from the Towers (close to Fireworks) unless it is to be kept top secret :sus: , but Obvious works in UG land will create interest from guests on Fireworks nights, and encourage people to visit next Season.

:D :D
Ian

Can I just remind you the topic of this title...'UgLand closed From 20th'...not 'Lets debate who told what first'. Please continue any squabbles you have with one another via PM or MSN, not on this board. Thanks. :)
Javs

I came on here to catch up with Alton Towers news, not who managed to guess what was happening first!
bohoboy

The thing is- if no one rode the Cred Street Carousel anymore, why has Alton decided to open the Gallopers about 10m away from it (a cheaper, less exciting version of it)?

If no one rode the Vintage Cars anymore, why do they appear on the Jazz Land plans?

And why are they both still there? Why not remove them and replace them with a new kids attraction that would bring guests back to this area of the park? (as it is, the only extra people who will have been attracted are avid gardeners, come to pull up the multitude of weeds)
Simply because gallopers is a much more thrilling carousel and is traditional to the park. The reason they've all stayed is because they can be used again as fillers when larger things happen, but at the moment theyre not going to draw people to an area on their own altho cred street is the only location for a carousell. My post wasn't a dig just a nod to the point of fact that younger kids can't be fobbed off with the same olds anymore.
Snake

Hi

I went to Alton Towers today and looked all around the park including behind Corkscrew, Boneshaker and Cred Street. What i can say is that there are no construction going on at all.

Whoever said that the footers were being delivered today now owes me a beer, as i went to Alton Towers to get photos and came back with nothing and trust me i looked in all areas possible.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Hi

I went to Alton Towers today and looked all around the park including behind Corkscrew, Boneshaker and Cred Street. What i can say is that there are no construction going on at all.

Whoever said that the footers were being delivered today now owes me a beer, as i went to Alton Towers to get photos and came back with nothing and trust me i looked in all areas possible.
They were not far off though. it appears Ug Land is having something done very very soon. and yesturday i believe Boneshaker was stripped of its electrics.
Snake

From looking behind Corkscrew and Boneshaker it doesnt look like the area has been touched since 2003!

The only new things around are small silver circles on Trees each having its own number.

Its late on Friday, well Saturday morning now, and I've just been reading through a few topics on here and had a few thoughts.

Firstly - what is about to go into Ug? I don't think anyone on here actually knows, correct me if I'm wrong. Originally when rumours of a new coaster for Ug came out it was for a Wild Mouse kind-of coaster then it changed to a new coaster ala-Thunderlooper, and now people seem to be thinking Boostr Bikes. Well I just took a look at some of the aerial photos on this site and one was quite interesting:
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/maps/ariel/above08.jpg

Its rumoured the station for this ride will be where the dino skull is and Corkie's q-line will be modified. Now look at that photo - to the left of Corkie on that photo there is an area of cleared land, which i think, bearing in mind where the station is supposed to go, is big enough for a thunderlooper type coaster. Some people seem very certain thats what we are about to see, but the height is a worrying factor for me - would it get through on a general development order?

Wild mouse ride? Considering where the station is supposed to go surely for a small coaster like this it would make sense to put it near boneshaker site where there is more room than squeeze it in a long narrow space, unless it is raised. I ain't convinced on that one. And people say this new coaster is launched. So no.

Booster? I think that area to the side of Corkie is ideal for the launch, by the way i just looked at a picture of the bikes on the Toverland coaster and the theming is rubbish, the details just crappy stickers, thank god the didn't have to attempt to make broomsticks. :)

But I'm wondering if we are looking at two coasters here because of the location of things - a station by dino skull and boneshaker/ug swinger being moved and trees behind being marked. If we see Booster this could all fit. But I was wondering if these tree marks are for something in 2006? :?
Ron_Mc_Don

The trees haven't been marked for removal. Every tree in the gardens has a number on it. I think that it is used to keep a track on the condition of the trees.
e.g. if some on said that one of the trees was rotten how would they know which one it is. At least with the numbers on them they can say tree no 1263 is rotten and needs sorting.
bohoboy

Again, the wild mouse comment was referring to the size of the coaster not a wild mouse coaster itself. And i'm thinking the thunderlooper style comment comes from someone being told something along the lines of "it'll be launched like the thunderlooper was" just as when nemesis opened many people compared it to the vampire at chessie which altho very different had a similar basic principle.
Theme park monkey

I know i keep rambling on about this, but i would love to see a world first side-ways coaster. think about it, board a carriage of four as you race around Ug Land as you look outwards not knowing where the rides going next...it would be
PROPA BO' another world first for alton towers!
Anonymous

"it'll be launched like the thunderlooper was"
Im not saying your wrong bohoboy, but did the launch for thunderlooper go from 0-60mph?

Another thing to consider now, which i think people have over looked when it comes down to "worlds firsts" & "SW's" is that the next SW wont be the woodie... why i hear you all ask? For the simple reason that everyone knows about the woodie now so how can it be classed as a Secret Weapon. :? No the next SW will or maybe happening right now. Is it possible that this launched coaster could be the next SW and that its been brought forward by one year for AT's 25th birthday next year? :? :wink: Could it be that SW7 could be something in the way that its happening already for a new era in Alton Future? Could it be that next year instead of the park being upgraded, new area, new coaster and a brand new compleat year with Russell Barnes could it be that the image of alton is about to be quite much diffrent...
bohoboy

no i didn't mean like that, the thunderlooper was launched, the new coaster will be launched so in that sense the 2 coasters are similar, thus comparing the new ride to the thunderlooper would be a way to describe it someone. Just as back in 94 the easiest way to describe nemesis to someone would be to compare it to the vampire.
Anonymous

to the left of Corkie on that photo there is an area of cleared land, which i think, bearing in mind where the station is supposed to go, is big enough for a thunderlooper type coaster.
That peice of cleared land is where the Skyride is. The launched coaster station is going in the wooded area to the right of corky. near corkys entrance station.
Squiggles

Don't quite know what to make of it, but this has just been posted on rideas...
From what i have been told today whilst at Alton Towers is that Construction will start on the 20th September for both new rollercoasters.

The Launched Coaster will be opened on 1st June 2005 (This was in the Staff Newsletter This morning) and the second Coaster will be based at the end near UG Swinger and will open in 2006.
I don't know how reliable the information is... but could we be seeing two new Ug Land coasters?
Edwardo..... move me!
Snake

That information on Rideas was posted by myself..

As i explained in my post. The news came from a ride op who works manly in UG Land but is also trainned on Air , Nemesis, Hex and other rides. I was also shown the staff newsletter so i saw the information for my own eyes so i know hes not lying. The staff member also orders parts for rides in closed seasons and works all year round..
Cjw

the second Coaster will be based at the end near UG Swinger and will open in 2006.
This has to be something bigger than just a standard coaster....No way on earth would a standard coaster take that long in construction.
smeg_head

Thats all it can be - that's a huge amount of time for construction, almost as long as The Big One!