A Part Of Ugland Will Close, On The 20th September!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
geo

i go away for a bit - and come back to all this! :D

well im betting its an intamin impulse or catapult coaster as both those coasters launch to 100km in 3 secs. Im gonna say its more than likely a catapult coaster as it would be a europe first too.

Have a look at this and imagine a coaster like this in ug land - cos i can!
http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery474.htm

roll on AT'05
Ron_Mc_Don

[quote=""Adam_""]i have in my possesion some plans (well scanned copies) of this coaster i can tell you that it will be amazing.[/quote]

[quote=""Adam_""]I was thinking of keeping them as an exclusive for MY site. sorry to dissapoint.[/quote]

Adam_ i'm not having a go at you. But i don't understand why it is that if you don't want to put the plans that you have on here, why did you even say that you had them in the first place.
Also I don't think that Ade was trying to blackmail you i think that it was more of a joke.

If you want to keep them to yourself then thats ok with me. i'm sure you have your reasons.
Phil

[quote=""Adam_""]Yes Adrian i did. Great isnt it. as i have in my possesion some plans (well scanned copies) of this coaster i can tell you that it will be amazing. it's just what Alton Towers need to help them get back on there feet and get enough money together for there next big investment, which is likely to be 'jazzland'. Just proves you don't need planning permission to build something at Alton Towers (Cheadleperson) I look forward to 2005 a lot more then before now., up until now i have been told several things about this 'Hydrolic' Coaster but now it appears that it's confirmed that it's happening.[/quote]

I can understand how you feel. But are you open to bribes? :D

[quote=""Adam_""]2005/2006 Will be two very good years for Alton Towers, what with SW7 and all.[/quote]

AHA! So this coaster is going to be a secret weapon? Must be good...
bohoboy

well im betting its an intamin impulse or catapult coaster as both those coasters launch to 100km in 3 secs. Im gonna say its more than likely a catapult coaster as it would be a europe first too.

Have a look at this and imagine a coaster like this in ug land - cos i can!
http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery474.htm
But at the same time too similar in the gps eyes to nemesis.
cactuselves

the official line from john wardley anyone.....

posted on rideas.

Hi, Some of you may remember me for past "Posts", however I tend to be more of an observer.

On this occasion I can confirm that the information from the newsletter is true. We may also see evidence of the "Crate-Saga" rear it's ugly head again!

Have a great closed season all!

RH

the first post since "cratergate" from Mr Richard Hart. So, the new coaster will be constructed by intamin if this is indeed mr wardley. If this is the charlatan and hoaxer some people believe him to be, then we can expect Alton to close down next season :lol:

how do you get from Richard Hart to John Wardley?

Anyway i think we could be about to see one of these:
http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery ... ?Picture=2

Impulse coaster anyone - the freefall element on this one doesn't actually appear to be that tall at all
cactuselves

I was merely being whimsical....

Impulse or Aqua trax seem likely, although I would imagine impulse to be the more likely of the two.

Thats what i'm thinking - by the sounds of that newsletter - first of its kind in Europe - my first impression was that it was hinting there was already this type of coaster in europe ie. shuttle, but this one would have a new element ie. impulse is inverted.

Or maybe i've read to much in to that newsletter :)
cactuselves

Most of the relatively reliable information that we have points towards this new ride being an "impulse" coaster, i.e;

1/its launched

2/an impulse could be described as being similar to thunderlooper, as you are launched through inversions and then free fall backwards through them.

3/speed, 0-62mph in 4 secs

4/one "red balloon" has been seen on the boneshaker site, pointing towards a ride with only one real high point.

5/Impulse coasters are basically straight in the horizontal plane, and thus if launched from where the dinosaur skull is, would fit almost perfectly into the boneshaker site.

6/It is made by intamin, remember those crates ??

7/Easily constructable within the timeframe.

Points against it being an impulse coaster,

1/ -ug bugs and ug swingers removal -why would an impulse coaster require this much space? (maybe the two coasters 2005-2006 rumour is true?).

2/Adam_ being told about a proposed Aqua Trax, (this could be the rumoured Toyland tours upgrade however.)

3/Paul Orsmond seeing JW next to corkie with plans showing a coaster with a top hat and immelman .(again maybe the two coasters rumour is true?).

Im sure however that there are numerous other ways of interpreting the info, these are just my observations..
bohoboy

the main point to it not being an impulse is that its too similar to nemesis for the gp
Ryan

I was thinking of keeping them as an exclusive for MY site
so your going to make a sight all about alton towers 2005/6 and put all what you know on it and all the pics you have .kool
or have i got the rong end of the stick :?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Quote:

I was thinking of keeping them as an exclusive for MY site

so your going to make a sight all about alton towers 2005/6 and put all what you know on it and all the pics you have .kool
or have i got the rong end of the stick
OFFTOPIC: yeah a preview can be found at www.themeparkoverload.tk once i complete the actual site i will purchase hosting etc etc.

An Impulse coaster is possible except for one thing, height.
Squiggles

[quote=""bohoboy""]the main point to it not being an impulse is that its too similar to nemesis for the gp[/quote]

The GP probably wouldn't see it that way, both being suspended coasters would be a minor consideration in comparison to one being a shuttle coaster and the other being a continous loop.

(compare to BPB, the gp don't find PMBO and Revolution too similar, yet they would have the same relationship as Nemesis and an Impulse)
Edwardo..... move me!
bohoboy

Oh yes they would. The gp look at the "gimmick" of a coaster more than anything. No-one would find a looping shuttle coaster similar to a once tallest rollercoaster. But all the gp would see were 2 inverted coasters. it won't happen.
Squiggles

The Gimmick of the Impusle coaster isn't thesuspended cars though, the Gimmick of the Impulse Coaster comes from the two towers.
Edwardo..... move me!
Adz
Admin
Admin

The Gimmick of the Impusle coaster isn't thesuspended cars though, the Gimmick of the Impulse Coaster comes from the two towers
Not forgetting the launch, something that in england there isnt much of.
MagicTowers

I think a new retheme is possible, the thing that makes me think that is the fact that Ug Swinger and UgBugs are being removed...
Possibly keeping BoneShaker in its original location and advertise it as a thrill ride like Energizer was, and puttin Dynamo where Ug Swinger currently is..? Then maybe a new flat ride where UgBugs is.
This would be good to make another 'Thrill ride only' section

Have i gone slightly off here..? :?:
I_love_at

if dynamo was to be placed back in ugland it be a first ride for awhile to be put back in the same area. lol i wonder if would ever go back to x-sector.