A Part Of Ugland Will Close, On The 20th September!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

In fairness to adam_ dan, he did say that, its just now that more infor has come to light it seems that once again adam is getting flack because he has to do it in cryptic way to try ant not get his leak at the offices at AT into trouble and jeopdising their job. This has been pointed out before, oh adn adam also put it up about the launched coaster before taht was put up on ata... sorry to burst bubbles here.
Adz
Admin
Admin

OHHH also just thougth id say that so far there are no planns to start building jazz land if they do start building it wont be till next season. they might open up the Vintage Cars and Carousell again when ug land gets fenced off on sept 20th..

dazzler yet again
We shall see...
there are no planns to start building jazz land
Thats strange. what are those two plans on TT then? well if those are not plans then i'm straight! Your just staff, Alton Towers Management can keep things from staff you know.
cactuselves

dont know how important / relevant, this information is as I have been away for a couple of days, but whilst driving on the road past the Alton Towers entrances this morning (09/sep), I saw a number of civil engineers / workmen in yellow jackets at the gates closest to the black hole (where the famous pile of rubble is,) more importantly they were offloading plant (JCB's e.t.c) from the back of a number of lorries / trucks and taking them into the park. - I believe that the service road behind this gate lead up to the back of Cred Street / Ugland. :D :D :D :D
adamflack

I'll think you will probably find that the coaster in Ug-land will be a Booster Bike that is shorter than the one we have plans for in Ug-land.

When I recieved that plan the person told me that there was another one in development as well for Ug-land and that they hadn't deceided which one to build. Now its quite clear they have decided which one they want to build the only problem being the person told me it was going to be quite a bit shorter than the Gloomy Wood one which is a shame because the Towers need a longer coaster.

I would take this as 99% what is going to happen, the person that gives me the info isn't a ride op and doesn't work on park so this isn't some work of mouth gossip.
Adz
Admin
Admin

dont know how important / relevant, this information is as I have been away for a couple of days, but whilst driving on the road past the Alton Towers entrances this morning (09/sep), I saw a number of civil engineers / workmen in yellow jackets at the gates closest to the black hole (where the famous pile of rubble is,) more importantly they were offloading plant (JCB's e.t.c) from the back of a number of lorries / trucks and taking them into the park. - I believe that the service road behind this gate lead up to the back of Cred Street / Ugland.
Coaster Footers anyone? now didnt Kylies Kitty and me say the 10th! Although that could be for something else, might not be anything at all. should be interesting to watch out for.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I'll think you will probably find that the coaster in Ug-land will be a Booster Bike that is shorter than the one we have plans for in Ug-land.
I heard something along those lines. sounds good anyway.
they hadn't deceided which one to build.
I was told it was the fact they were deciding which area needed it more and which one would be more financialy[sp] viable.
it was going to be quite a bit shorter than the Gloomy Wood one
Not really a bad thing. look at how short Nemesis is and then compare it to a longer coaster. could go both ways really. i would much prefer a shorter more intense coaster than a longer drawn out ride. (sounds like the dire settings on Samurai at Thorpe Park)
which is a shame because the Towers need a longer coaster.
SW6/SW7
I would take this as 99% what is going to happen
Same here. amoungst various other little things for next year this is apparantly what is happening.
the person that gives me the info isn't a ride op and doesn't work on park so this isn't some work of mouth gossip.
Arent they great! :D

Thanks for sharing that with us!
Squiggles

[quote=""Adam_""]
The topic i originally released something in has been deleted, but it was long before your post on ATA. i'm sure many can back that up.
[/quote]

No, I can safely say (as a regular on both boards) that the news of this coaster came out on ATA well before you released any information.
Edwardo..... move me!
Adz
Admin
Admin

No, I can safely say (as a regular on both boards) that the news of this coaster came out on ATA well before you released any information.
Strange. was the stuff on ATA or a rumour or not. just i have several people who do read ATA saying mine came first. as i don't really read ATA i wouldnt know really.
Squiggles

I think it was as mutch of a rumour as yours is, as neither of them have been given a source. But I can assure you Dan's came first, as when you mentioned it on here I had already heard about it from ATA.
Edwardo..... move me!
Ian

Sighhh does it really matter who told what first?! The fact is we are all greatful for the information provided by everyone, regardless of who told us first!

So the booster bikes are going in Ug Land? I thought it was meant to be a Thunder Looper type ride not a continuous circuit coaster? Also does this mean GW will not see a new ride now?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Sighhh does it really matter who told what first?!
According to Dan yes.
So the booster bikes are going in Ug Land?
By the looks of it yes.
Also does this mean GW will not see a new ride now?
Probably not.
Ian

If the station is going where the big skull is surely this new coaster and the Corkscrew will look a little odd being so close to each other? Maybe they are thinking in the future when the Corkscrew will be removed?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Maybe they are thinking in the future when the Corkscrew will be removed?
No comment! :wink:
Ron_Mc_Don

[quote=""Ian-TTF""]Sighhh does it really matter who told what first?! The fact is we are all greatful for the information provided by everyone, regardless of who told us first![/quote]

Here here :clap:

[quote=""Ian-TTF""]So the booster bikes are going in Ug Land? I thought it was meant to be a Thunder Looper type ride not a continuous circuit coaster?[/quote]

It could be a booster bike with inversions. :yikes:
Adz
Admin
Admin

It could be a booster bike with inversions.
From the plans i have seen i can safely say it does not have inversions.
Ian

Hmm no comment ay Adam? :wink: I reckon then after the 2005 season Corkscrew might be removed, I spose it could be moved elsewhere - I know this has been mentioned before.

I would like a Thunder Looper type ride at Alton, oh well maybe one will come in the future...
cookiee_munster

[quote=""Adam_""]
there are no planns to start building jazz land
Thats strange. what are those two plans on TT then? well if those are not plans then i'm straight! Your just staff, Alton Towers Management can keep things from staff you know.[/quote]

so does that mean that the coaster will be made in gloomy wood then because a plan has been released??? hmmmm :eyebrow:
Last edited by cookiee_munster on Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

The plans that have goen round are these for the booster bikes in GW, however, the guy that I spoke to on the night of the Alton Towers Naked Riders rollercoaster thingy said he couldnt comment in the one in GW but that the footings for the launched coaster for UgLand will start to go in on 10th September:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/ ... oaster.jpg

Could the booster bikes be going in UgLand afterall or could this be a bluff?
spinwhizzer

Another thing will we get a new theme or keep UG land?? :?
Northern_Rider

There doesn't seem enough room in UG land to build any decent sized coaster without removing corkscrew