Future Merchandise Ideas?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""Blaze""]They sell bloody Henley's now as well.

Because often when I'm on park, I think "this is good, but it would be better if I had a pikey shirt on that made me look like a dangerous yoof."[/quote]

As if Katie Price and gross stunts like the coaster cuties wasn't enough, AT want to kit their guests out in chav-brand clothing.

Whatever next? :P
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

[quote=""Don't_Look_Down""]As if Katie Price and gross stunts like the coaster cuties wasn't enough, AT want to kit their guests out in chav-brand clothing.

Whatever next? :P[/quote]

Love Thorpe Park Day! :P
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
AshleeK

I want to see more mugs. Not just the oversized, novelty-type ones they have going on at the moment, but more normal-sized ones. They have that 'monorail of mugs' that you can buy, and I've got it, but I also want to see normal-sized mugs based on attractions like Rita, Sharkbait Reef and Duel. This is mainly because I'm getting my own house soon and I need mugs, and I don't want bog-standard ones. I want ones from Alton Towers :D

Speaking of Duel, they need more Duel merchandise. Come to think of it, the ride has it's own shop but doesn't have any merchandise of it's own! Sort it out!
Stelios7

^ Win idea, for both of them!
djtruefitt

I would like to see some kind of merchandise for each ride, even if its just a keyring or pinbadge, for rides such as HEX, Duel, etc.
wah

I wanna see more lanyards !! I have to ware an ID pass at work and buy these when ever I see them :D
badlydrawnkel

[quote=""MinteButtons""]I would love to see something like a range of charm bracelets.
You would buy the bracelet with an Alton Towers charm on for £5. Additional charms could then be sold for rides, and limited numbers at special events (concerts etc) which could then be sold at a higher price.[/quote]

Last year, when I was on the feedback forum, tamtam86 suggested this, but in the form of Pandora Charms.

We mentioned quite a few like tax disc holders, watches, socks, mobile phone charms/cases, music of the park...... :evil:

Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10
Stelios7

I think all enthusiasts would buy the park music album.
RyanY

[quote=""Stelios7""]I think all enthusiasts would buy the park music album.[/quote]

I would :P

I think alton should sell posters of all the rides. For example this one....http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrec ... E90C55.jpg ( the one that they realeased with the all time greats competition )

Another thing that they should sell is a Merlin park management game. (sort of like RCT3 but with real parks)
Stelios7

Awesomesauce to both the ideas.
BigAl

Alton Towers themed USB's? Most people these days need a USB stick so why don't they bring a range of them out? They could have some 2gig, 4gig and 8gig sticks so that people can not only select which theme they'd like, but also which sort of size they might need (also helps if they're short on money). They'd be really useful too! :D

2gig: Alton Towers (with added Corkscrews), Runaway Mine Train, Duel

4gig: Th13teen, Sonic Spinball, Ripsaw

8gig: Nemesis, Oblivion, Air

?????????
siralgenon

Right then, here's what id like to see:

-Of course a park CD
-Attraction / Resort Posters
-Little collectible ride cars (like the ones sold at Walt Disney World)

On the subject of charm bracelets, the resort have brought out a kind of key ring / bracelet thingy which includes attractions like Air, Sharkbait Reef and Cloud Cuckoo Land which could easily be made into a charm bracelet.
BigAl

Bump!

I've been saying that I'll post an image for a while of my Oblivion merchandise that I made myself, but never got around to it. So finally...

I used my schools laser cutter to make an Oblivion logo to hang on my rear-view mirror! :P Alton Towers could make better ones. :)
DanteNero666

BigAl wrote:
The its man wrote:I wish they'd finally make an attachment for your glasses so you can take them on rides <!-- s[-o< -->[-o<<!-- s[-o< --> .  Simple, but very effective and would most certainly sell.
That's a pretty good idea but these could/should be implemented across all theme parks (if the park has rides where glasses have a chance of falling off).

"Merlin helping people with poor eye sight to have a better time at their parks"... ethical = good publicity!

Or possibly 'ride goggles' that are styled to the various rides they'd be necessary on maybe (and ordinary glasses can be worn under the goggles? Might not be as practical come to think of it your idea's better  <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
Bit late to comment but, one of the main reasons I now wear contact lenses is so I can enjoy roller coasters properly
Give me a coaster handshake!
JayNemesis00

BigAl wrote:
That's a really good idea but I'm not sure how they would do the Nemesis or Air logos. Like this?

Please excuse my dodgy Paint skills!
MattsDesigns

Correct me if they already do but they could sell fog machines, strobes and a few bits like that
then Kinex roller coasters, and those proper coaster models from Europe (what they called again?)

Then they could sell my inventions aswell http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/inventionlist.html -I'm inspired by magic of theme parks.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
jackgcse

I personally feel the park should invest in 'Official Theme Park Merchandise' such as Official T-Shirts, like football of F1 shirts. So you have the member shirt, management shirt etc. They do have park shirts but I mean official shirts which mean you feel part of the park. Also I feel there should be Official Lanyards for tickets/annual passes. To be honest I feel there should be a whole clothes range 'Official team wear' it includes the 'must have' shoes!
Basicly if you could have merchandise that reflects the park in an official manner that even staff are seen to wear, it will make a guest tempted to feel a part of the park itself by wearing, the same or close to the same kit.
Sorry if you can't make sense of what I want to get across, so it makes it easier if I just say check out Mclaren official member merchandise or Red Bulls or Ferraris, whatever! You will see where it could lead you!...It could also lead to a friendly rivalry with the other parks as to who guests would choose to support!
Rollermad

If I'm not correct they used to give random badges with a Lego guy on and if you got a gold you win a free ticket. You get them at food shops in legoland. Maybe you buy a lucky dip bag with 5 ride badges inside and if you get a shiny / gold one you get free tickets. This was at legoland in 2009 or 2010 not sure

Or a theme park lottery ???
You fill in the names of 5 rides and a man takes some names out a hat and if you get all 5 correct you win a stay at SL or ATH or a free ticket :)
lf2001

I think posters that had roller coasters on would be a good idea?
NemeJaney

I was going to mention a CD with all the park's theme music...but people have beaten me to it.