Future Merchandise Ideas?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
mrbrightside

I can't believe they are still dishing out last year's red ones...made me wish I had brought mine back with me this year! But I have just checked on my black ones for this year and can confirm they DO come with a cap on the lid to stop drink leaking :)
ImageImage
BigAl

[quote=""mrbrightside""]I can't believe they are still dishing out last year's red ones...made me wish I had brought mine back with me this year! But I have just checked on my black ones for this year and can confirm they DO come with a cap on the lid to stop drink leaking :)[/quote]

Must be for the black ones then because none of the silver Merlin beakers have them on. Merlin please fix this [-o<
mrbrightside

Yeah it is weird... I checked my red one from last year and that doesn't have the lid, so they have obviously brought them in for this season with the black ones. You would think they would do the same for those with an AP though... Weird.
ImageImage
BigAl

:idea:

What about an Alton Towers PC Game like the one for Efteling? People want their money to go a bit further these days so I'm sure (parents in particular) would much rather purchase something like this as a souvenir for their children because it would get used a lot more than some of the other merchandise on offer. And it'd be pretty cool trying to manage Alton Towers am I correct? It could have various dates from which to start developing the park so maybe have a start date at 1980, 1984, 1988, 1994, 1998, 2002, 2005 and 2010. Expansions could be purchased as new years and major new rides arrive at the park.
Don't_Look_Down

Ride models that you can put together (small scale models, obviously :P )
More Nemmy merchandise. A hoody would be great.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Mr.Man

Hoodies, everyone loves hoodies! I love the bears, espicially th13teen ones, I love the colours!
I loveeee the Hex music!
themealgang

Coasterdynamix Nemesis train please.... even though that will never happen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
.Will

Coasterdynamix Nemesis model to be honest or they could try Air.

:)
gazag

[quote=""BigAl""]I really hate the drinks bottles becasue they don't have anything to keep the contents safe if you leave the bottle in your bag or in a locker to go onto a ride so I'd love for Merlin to just do a simple redesign of the lid and straw to feature a closing cap which would go over the end of the straw.

To something like this:

(I mean just the cap on the straw not the bottle)

It wouldn't take a lot to fix and I really don't understand why they ever made the current bottles without a close function it's really frustrating. Whilst at Alton Towers last year with some of my friends I purchased the Merlin Annual Pass one and asked at the fish and chip shop in Forbidden Valley if they could just fill it half full because I was about to go on Nemesis. She acknowledged my request and still went and filled it up full so I stood in the queue for Nemesis with my friends and drank an entire bottle before I got on the ride because I didn't trust it in my bag full of Cola. After the ride there must have been a bit of cola left in the bottom and someone had knocked my bag whilst getting their stuff and I still managed to get it all in my bag #-o[/quote]

i agree here, i have a drinks canister as its cheaper in the season run but they are rather rubbish. they leak consistantly. the straws arent that great as you get alot of air in your mouth full of pop and they fall over really easily too.

id love some more hoodies and id love thge towers to put your name on the back if you wish

more pins, everone loves a nice and cheap pin

car window and bumper stickers. these are getting so rare at british theme parks now. id love my van to be full of them but i only have the one from merlin

parts of the rides, ritas cable chopped up and on sale (like EGF has at hiliday world), old blots from nemesis, air and oblivion ect, youy know bits that will cost them next to nothing to put in perspex or on a bit of wood however be quite exclusive and very cool to own
Benzin

I got given a stopper on a trip to Lego t'other month...

I assumed this would be happening at every park...

Better detailed resin models actually... The new ones are quite fab and a start, but the Nemesis one is awful looking :p
Nightfall

[quote="".Will""]Coasterdynamix Nemesis model to be honest or they could try Air.

:)[/quote] If anyone from Coasterdynamix reads this I would buy a model of Airs carts without hesitation. I know they do one of Tatsu.
[align=center]Image[/align]
dominoes

I really like the new Saw thing you can buy. It is a little statue of the first drop. I would love to see stuff like that for Alton Towers rides...
cookiee_munster

the park really need to branch out into more official merchandise. the last time i went they were selling an awful lot of unbranded stuff in the main shop.

its ok to sell normal unbranded stuff of course, its just a little more special if they went down the more official route.

i remember several years ago chatting to someone about them bringing out a line of stuffed bears, and low and behold sometime after it happened. i was really surprised, but also very pleased they went for something like this. im not sure about the whole range they have, but if they decided to just stock these bears, they could start producing limited editions for certain events etc. it would be a lot nicer if these stuffed toys filled the arcade games rather than plushes of spongebob or winnie the pooh...

of course, clothing is also another plus. tshirts, hoodies etc. the range they had at disney world was awesome specially at animal kingdom.

i love the idea of Coasterdynamix kits. yeah, so its not official for the park, BUT if they approached the company, they could release a special range for the coasters at the park.

all of this id love to see at the main shop on towers street.

as much as ive said id rather see official merch, i do love the shop in katanga that sells all the ethnic stuff. so of course, shops dotted around the park that cater to the areas theme i wouldn't mind seeing.

oh, and a park music CD.
.Will

[quote=""Nightfall""][quote="".Will""]Coasterdynamix Nemesis model to be honest or they could try Air.

:)[/quote] If anyone from Coasterdynamix reads this I would buy a model of Airs carts without hesitation. I know they do one of Tatsu.[/quote]

Ah, I have not seen this would you mind sending me a link?

:?
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

I'd love some glow in the dark TH13TEEN pyjamas, or some 'Katangan' Mining Rock, to name a few. A good topic.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
RustyRider

I'm sick of seeing all the pointless tat in the gift shops, wasted space that could be filled with pure awesomeness in my opinion!!

I wad at Alton towers yesterday and after coming off duel we were walking through the gift shop and I seen the most pointless thing I've ever seen, wait for it peeps :drumroll:...glow in the dark sunglasses, I mean really? WTF!!

That space could be better used for i dunno, let's say minature models of the animatronics inside the house?

Also coasterdynamix would be awesome as I don't trust buying overseas!
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Don't_Look_Down

There really is lots of useless tat in the gift shops, mainly Towers Trading. I've never understood why AT stock Bench clothes :?
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Blaze

They sell bloody Henley's now as well.

Because often when I'm on park, I think "this is good, but it would be better if I had a pikey shirt on that made me look like a dangerous yoof."
BigAl

Seriously? :|
That's pretty disappointing! :no:

I don't even see why they need to sell anything that's branded really other than sweets and drinks, etc... It's all hideous, chavy and cheap and it would be so much better if they just had more of their own theme park merchandise instead.
corkscru74

[quote=""cookiee_munster""]the park really need to branch out into more official merchandise. the last time i went they were selling an awful lot of unbranded stuff in the main shop.
[/quote]
Well I would assume it's a lot cheaper to buy unbranded and therefore the margin is better. If you're producing your own, bespoke items then there's the design costs to think of. Plus, if it's Alton Towers specific you could ONLY sell it in AT. If they buy non-descript tat they can buy bulk and distribute it to all of the Merlin Attractions.

OT Someone mentioned about personalised clothing - like this idea. Also maybe Nemmy monster figurines? Thirteen Wraith figs? Also love the idea of an Airfix Coaster Model - could imagine it taking FOREVER to build tho!
Corky
TTF\'s Unofficial Marketing Guru
Being way too fond of his own opinion since 1983