Scariest moments at Alton Towers

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
coastermaster

the crypt on 13 very scary
MinteButtons

[quote=""duffduff11""][quote=""lolli""]Definately the duck inside the tunnel on the flume, first time I went on it I actually screamed! It still makes me jump now even though I know it's coming![/quote]

me too! shocks me every time!

well, it may sound kinda pathetic, but my scariest moment was when I was in duel today, and it broke down for about 30 seconds whilst we were right next to one of the zombie freaky things that pop out at you from the side D: (the one just before the tunnel) popped out twice and I was nearly pooping myself! (baring in mind that me and ghost trains just don't go well together!)[/quote]

God, I feel for you! I have a thing about Duel and I managed to get that far with my eyes open, then it was eyes shut and curled up as small as I could until we got to the station!
That thing is in my nightmares. :P
lolli

[quote=""duffduff11""]Lolli, trust me when i say that Oblivion is over before you can actually take it all in :) deep breaths when going up and around, then when at the drop, just close your eyes, count to 5, and you'll be out the pit saying 'wooooooooooooooo lets go again!' :P[/quote]

Aw thanks, that helps actually, I am more than a little determined that I will finally ride Oblivion when we go to AT in 2 weeks time! I will remember your advice, deep breaths and shut my eyes! I know I'll love it when I get up the nerve to go on, it's just the thought turns my legs to jelly!
duffduff11

[quote=""MinteButtons""][quote=""duffduff11""][quote=""lolli""]Definately the duck inside the tunnel on the flume, first time I went on it I actually screamed! It still makes me jump now even though I know it's coming![/quote]

me too! shocks me every time!

well, it may sound kinda pathetic, but my scariest moment was when I was in duel today, and it broke down for about 30 seconds whilst we were right next to one of the zombie freaky things that pop out at you from the side D: (the one just before the tunnel) popped out twice and I was nearly pooping myself! (baring in mind that me and ghost trains just don't go well together!)[/quote]

God, I feel for you! I have a thing about Duel and I managed to get that far with my eyes open, then it was eyes shut and curled up as small as I could until we got to the station!
That thing is in my nightmares. :P[/quote]

To be fair it is a rather scary ride! scarier than i remembered D: my friend spent the whole time doing the same thing whilst i was screaming at them all to 'go to hell!'. my other friend nearly wet herself laughing at us :oops:
Hehehe, gotta love sonic..
duffduff11

[quote=""lolli""][quote=""duffduff11""]Lolli, trust me when i say that Oblivion is over before you can actually take it all in :) deep breaths when going up and around, then when at the drop, just close your eyes, count to 5, and you'll be out the pit saying 'wooooooooooooooo lets go again!' :P[/quote]

Aw thanks, that helps actually, I am more than a little determined that I will finally ride Oblivion when we go to AT in 2 weeks time! I will remember your advice, deep breaths and shut my eyes! I know I'll love it when I get up the nerve to go on, it's just the thought turns my legs to jelly![/quote]

No problemo :) ahhh I had jelly legs the first time too :P but don't worry, it's awesome!! :D let me know how you liked it after your trip! :D
lolli

Will do! Super excited now, 10 sleeps til we escape! :D
longy0151

Another newish scariest moment at Alton Towers.
I was riding Duel when the ride broke down, and we were in the tunnel. The tunnel kept on spinning and made me extremely disorientated, leaving me sick by the end of the ride.
Not one of my best rides on Duel.
duffduff11

Duel seems to be braking down rather a lot lately.. eeeeeeeeeek
TowersJake

Huuummm, probably a really recent one for me, by getting scared by a zombie on Zombies Scarezone. Yes i know it sounds something to be ashamed of but he walked behind me and grabbed onto me !

ATJakee Youtube Channel !
LordOfDarkness

[quote=""TowersJake""]Huuummm, probably a really recent one for me, by getting scared by a zombie on Zombies Scarezone. Yes i know it sounds something to be ashamed of but he walked behind me and grabbed onto me ![/quote]

He was hinting at you ;) In zombie language he was saying this: "GRAB YOUR COAT, YOU'VE PULLED"
[align=center]Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport [/align]
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

When a wraith saw me going to hug him! :P
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
ATJoseph

Everybody this is another dual scare storie
I was with my best mate and my mum and dad and his dad has seiszers and well we were going int the dark and i kept hering and seepin flapping and screams from my mate and i thougut he was spazzing
and i was like Sh*t hes having a hart attack but hes was messing me about scared the hell outa me.
Not onley that we were on the flume there were some random cople behinde us and he did it again when the duck quaked!!! :evil:
djtruefitt

Alton Towers on Sunday with the gypsies. Need I say more?
amy0192

First time i rode oblivion was pretty scary haha. You know when you're just stood in the queue line, and you KNOW that the next carriage is gonna be for you and you're excited but real scared? Well i do, i had that so bad! And then when we hung over the edge for that split second, i had to hold my breath. Then we went down, and i continued to hold my breath. Then mist was sprayed in my face, so i still couldn't breathe hehe! I was fine the second time i rode it so i'm guessing it was a mix of first time nerves and oxygen starvation that scared the hell out of me haha;p I went on thirteen once too or the first time and that was scary. When we were outside queing i was just kind of sizing up the coaster, it looked pretty small, pretty manageable and not in the least scary. Then we gpt inside and the lightning volt thing scared me half to death (totally unexpected) and that kind of set me right up for the rollercoaster. Then we got in, i wasn't too fussed, didn't think it would be too bad. The rollercoaster was fine, until we went backwards in the dark into the vault. I had no idea what was happening and that was scary and then we dropped. I screamed SO loud. Almost banshee like. The people i was with had all been on it before and decided not to tell me about the drop! All i can say is my sincere apoligies to anyone on thirteen with me that day because man, i must have hurt your ears! It was totally unexpected however and in my defense; i was NOT prepared for that :oops:
Don't be scared to walk alone, don't be scared to like it.
MatthewR1990

The first time I got dropped by oblivion. The shear shock at falling made me actually fear for my life. Sub terra was another one,

SPOILER*** when I got hit in the back by the device in the chair, that made me wet myself,*** END OF SPOILER

Another strangly scary moment is the duck in the flume, that doesn't seem to be working this year but last year I wet myself. And of course one of my all time scariest moments was turning around when waiting to walk into the th13teen queue and there being one of the th13teen wraiths standing there just looking at me. Yeh I pooped a little bit.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Rollermad

Im brave  :P
badboi787

Getting on the famous private crusher Submission
JoeGibbon

Definitely the ducks in the flume. I was fine until that point. Screamed the whole way through the tunnel  :lol:
Charlee

Nemesis had broken down, and I couldn't ride it the whole day, I thought I was going to faint :shock:
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
Rollermad

After reading the whole topic about half TTF have flumeduckophobia !!! :PP