Scariest moments at Alton Towers

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Khalichanan

[quote=""ATJoseph""]Oh god last year when my harness poped open wide on oblivion drop Was my first ride on blivviy too :hlol:[/quote]

Omg **** yeah, I heard about something similar last year where the harness popped open so wide someone fell out and died :/ Hope it's a rumour!
mrbrightside

omg m8 wen my harness flied openz wen i went dwn da 300ft drop on 13, i ttly fell out ma seet, den i climbed bk in in dat old shitty church thing n lyk i nrly died lololo
ImageImage
Craig

Let's not descend into bashing members here please guys. There's numerous topics on harness safety which I'm sure it would be far more constructive to point the poster too rather than start with the sarcasm ;).
.Will

[quote=""kamfira""][quote=""ATJoseph""]Oh god last year when my harness poped open wide on oblivion drop Was my first ride on blivviy too :hlol:[/quote]

Omg excrement yeah, I heard about something similar last year where the harness popped open so wide someone fell out and died :/ Hope it's a rumour![/quote]

But they can slip a notch if they don't quite catch when they are pushed down. It happens on any ratchet harness system. If the harness is tight and pops then it can move up to an inch away from the body. I'd be a little bit scared to be honest.

:|
Khalichanan

Oh Craig, you boring old grandpa :P
Mr.Man

The duck on the Flume, most terrifying moment of my life.
I loveeee the Hex music!
ATJoseph

kamfira wrote:

ATJoseph wrote:

Oh god last year when my harness poped open wide on oblivion drop Was my first ride on blivviy too

Omg excrement yeah, I heard about something similar last year where the harness popped open so wide someone fell out and died :/ Hope it's a rumour
:( Hey i never said compleatly opend it popped about two cliks Thanks For Sticking up for me Craig and Will.
The duck on the Flume, most terrifying moment of my life.
I second That! :lol:
Ritadz

[quote=""jordanc44""]Walking through the gardens alone at about 10 at night last scarefest.[/quote]

Considering they close the gardens off at 3:30...

For me, the scariest moment was definatly my first ride on Oblivion. It wasn't the hight that scared me, but the fear of the unkown. I was anxious about what the feeling would be, if it would feel like really intense airtime ( confession here, I HATE ejector airtime, I'm love floater airtime, and I suppose a sudden jolt of ejector is pretty fun, but the sensastion of prolonged ejector airtime makes me sick, I'm probably the only Rollercoaster enthusiast ever to say this, but I much prefer inversions/speed over airtime. And I would never go on ejector machines like Dodonpa or I305. I also only ride hypers on the front few rows.)

Although Air first time when it tilts was pretty scary, once it started moving I was OK.
rct3wild

Squirrel Nutty :shock:
gazag

[quote=""Mr.Man""]The duck on the Flume, most terrifying moment of my life.[/quote]

i will agree here, the first time i went on oafter it was installed it did actually scare the hell outta me
Voke

[quote=""gazag""][quote=""Mr.Man""]The duck on the Flume, most terrifying moment of my life.[/quote]

i will agree here, the first time i went on oafter it was installed it did actually scare the hell outta me[/quote]

Yet again, my first ride on The Flume when the Duck actually popped out of darkness with what seemed like at the time, the loudest quacking ever.

I miss the good old days where there's an element of surprise in flats/water rides.
dominoes

^ Ah, the duck. I hate that thing... :shock:
Bear

My first ride on Oblivion, my pants were UNFORGIVINGLY packed.

... UNFORGIVINGLY
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

My second go on Sonic on Wednesday, i thought the car was going to come off the track because there was something banging inside the car.
LordOfDarkness

When Air failed to reach the flying position after 3 attempts, When it finally did it the car was making loud rattling sounds and was shaking from side to side.
[align=center]Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport [/align]
lolli

Definately the duck inside the tunnel on the flume, first time I went on it I actually screamed! It still makes me jump now even though I know it's coming!
duffduff11

[quote=""lolli""]Definately the duck inside the tunnel on the flume, first time I went on it I actually screamed! It still makes me jump now even though I know it's coming![/quote]

me too! shocks me every time!

well, it may sound kinda pathetic, but my scariest moment was when I was in duel today, and it broke down for about 30 seconds whilst we were right next to one of the zombie freaky things that pop out at you from the side D: (the one just before the tunnel) popped out twice and I was nearly pooping myself! (baring in mind that me and ghost trains just don't go well together!)
Hehehe, gotta love sonic..
lolli

I have to admit Duel terrifies me despite knowing its not dangerous and nothing is really going to do me any harm it really freaks me out! I'm very scared of the dark though so that's why I find it hard to think logically about it all. I've only actually went on Duel once, haven't had the nerve to go on it again :oops:
lolli

Can I add my scariest non-moment?

I haven't ever actually made it on to Oblivion yet :oops: I always stand at ground level at the drop point and watch a few drops but I can't even make myself join the queue. I'm so scared that if I ever got myself on Oblivion that I'd have a complete freak out at the very top!

I always intend to go on and when we visit in 2 weeks time I really do want to but I don't know if I'm brave enough for it :oops:
duffduff11

Lolli, trust me when i say that Oblivion is over before you can actually take it all in :) deep breaths when going up and around, then when at the drop, just close your eyes, count to 5, and you'll be out the pit saying 'wooooooooooooooo lets go again!' :P
Hehehe, gotta love sonic..