Forbidden Valley (Thunder Valley)

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Squiggles

Also:

and

Again thanks goes to Jason, who also took that ATA picture and Will's picture. It was amazing foresight that he took all these pictures, which give a glimpse into John Broome's Alton Towers.
Last edited by Squiggles on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwardo..... move me!
cheeky_becky

Nice one, thanks Squiggles! :o

Sooo strange seeing that 1st picture without Nemesis! Don't know what it'd be like today if that area was still like that! :shock:

Thanks god for John Wardley [-o<
BigAl

Bump!

Didn't think it was worth its own new topic so I'll post it here, but I was browsing some old coaster videos on Youtube and came across this of Thunder Looper that I'd never seen before and I thought I'd post it on here, just in case it hadn't already been shared on here:

:)
Last edited by BigAl on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoasterCrazyChris

cheeky_becky wrote: Oh. I just wanted to see the area where Nemesis is now lol.

I do kinda remember it when Air wasn't there. But I wasn't there before Nemesis opened, I was too young at the time.
You might be interested in these:

From TowersTimes.co.uk

barryzola

Very interesting couple of pics there. I'm guessing that's the side of the monorail where Nemesis now sits? Don't think I've seen them before. Where did the pics come from? Also, cheers for the Thunder Looper vid, havn't seen that before either : )
CoasterCrazyChris

barryzola wrote: Very interesting couple of pics there. I'm guessing that's the side of the monorail where Nemesis now sits? Don't think I've seen them before. Where did the pics come from? Also, cheers for the Thunder Looper vid, havn't seen that before either : )
Yes, it's on the Nemesis side. The tree in the first picture with the yellow leaves still stands - it's the one located in front of the Nemesis photography building.

The pictures can be found in the Nemesis construction gallery on TowersTimes, which was updated just before christmas and was part of the TT Advent calendar.

It's just so unrecognisable from the Nemesis site we know today, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I first saw those pictures. Hard to believe, in 1990, it was little more than a sloping field with an access road running through it.

barryzola

I'll look out for the tree next time I'm in that area. Thanks : )
cybermen39

Also Frank Bruno opened the thunder looper with Henry dressed as a boxer with his name on the back of of his boxing gown will try to put photo on
Squiggles

cybermen39 wrote: Also Frank Bruno opened the thunder looper with Henry dressed as a boxer with his name on the back of of his boxing gown will try to put photo on

Photo from cybermen39 :D
Last edited by Squiggles on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwardo..... move me!
djtruefitt

More photos of Nemesis construction can be found here which does show the tree thats still there today: http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/history/co ... emesis.htm
TheDarkStar

Sorry for the bump.....

I saw in this picture a second station.... Does anyone know whether this was an unloading station? Did the Beast then run around empty past the back and into a loading station? Can someone please reply...

I mean this picture...

And again, sorry for the bump.
cybermen39

Yes that's were you got off it then went round to the other side to reload