Congrats on a fantastic forum

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
danners

Not sure where I should have posted this so please move if it is in the wrong place!

I discovered this site on Friday last weekend and haven't stopped reading since, I've been going to AT since I was about 10 (18 years ago) and this site has brought back lots of happy memories and also a wonderful insight to others experiences at AT.

Also the behind the scenes stories, pictures and videos have been amazing and really interesting to see, I've never laughed so much at some of the tales that people have to tell from the park over the years.

One thing I didn't see was a thread of appreciation, so I thought I'd share mine with an opening post and a big pat on the back to you all.

Anyone can create a forum these days and this is very much different to any other forum I post on, my next visit to AT is July 16th and I'll certainly see it in a very different light thanks to you guys.

Thanks to you all, and I will let you know my experiences when I get back!

Danners
A5H

It's times like these it makes me proud to be a TTFer :cry:
Blaze

Aww shucks, thank you! :mrgreen:
starbugger1303

I dont post that much but I do browse the forums everyday. I agree with you danners it is a fabulous place to communicate with other Alton enthusiasts and most of the people here are some of the most friendliest and welcoming people on the net (from my own experiences from my first meet up).

I also feel need to congratulate Team-TT for their fantabulous work on the site... I dont know what I would without TTF! A life...

Well Done TT :clap:
danners

I think it just adds a whole new dimension to going to the park in general, i'll be keeping my eyes open for certain things this time round.

We're staying at the Chained Oak Farm the night before so we can get in early, I've not been on Thirteen yet so looking forward to that...despite the mixed reviews!
Slappy McGuire

Yeah, it's an excellent forum, very deserving of it's lofty place within the enthusiast community, not afraid to criticise the park, and doesn't have the same level of bitchyness that can blight other forums. Top work chaps.
Adam

It's true. This is a fantastic forum.

Even though I have fallen out with Towers and my enthusiasm have almost all gone about Towers, I still visit this site once a day! :) :)

Keep up the great work guys!

And please hurry that new site! :lol:

Mowenna might have eaten us all by the time it launches... :wink:
Last edited by Adam on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Tom G

This is probably the best forum for discussions. They very rarely turn into arguments and even when being quite pessimistic and negative, you don't really get flamed. This is also the place where I share the views and values with the most people.

People's knowledge of other attractions is also extremely high, despite this being a park-specific community - it rivals the conversations on the 'general enthusiast fansites' such as CoasterForce.
Crofty

I thought this was a topic congratulating us on Fanta. :P :P

Thanks for your feedback danners. I agree, it's great when you first sign up and read about all the park secrets and past attractions. :D
themealgang

I have got to agree, and I am not at all surprised that this topic has emerged...

I have been a reader of TTF since 2005, and have only started to be a regular poster within the past year. For all the times that members have kept us up to date with the latest goings on across the park and updating us via the homepage with the latest (and generally reliable) information about Alton Towers, thank you. TTF is a friendly, and non threatening online community that celebrates the success of one of the words leading theme park resorts. It's a pleasure to be part of it, and may it continue for long to come in the future!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

If only Merlin agreed :cry:

Welcome to TTF :clap:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Pennywise

[quote=""Spike""]If only Merlin agreed :cry:
[/quote]

Lightwater Valley agree! ;)

And, yeah, TTF is awesome. Stating the obvious, really. :P
AstroDan

I am sure many people at Alton can see what is being said, and agree with some of it!

TTF is a great place, has been for many years. I remember the 211 people all online at once, clamouring for news on Th13teen.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
.Will

I love it here. I don't feel restricted in anyway and feel encouraged to engage in the discussions that are going on. Everybody is really friendly and welcoming, it is also nice that the forums are a little more relaxed and having the occasional joke is ok. Out of all the forums I am on this is the only one that I enjoy coming on to and posting. I like it so much it was my homepage for a while.

:P
Blaze

This is the only one I'm a member of, in fact, normally I'd run a mile from this kind of thing, which speaks volumes for how awesome TTF is. :D
themealgang

[quote=""AstroDan""]I am sure many people at Alton can see what is being said, and agree with some of it!

TTF is a great place, has been for many years. I remember the 211 people all online at once, clamouring for news on Th13teen.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk[/quote]
211 all at once?! My goodness, I'm surprised the servers didn't crash! :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
.Will

[quote=""themealgang""]211 all at once?! My goodness, I'm surprised the servers didn't crash! :)[/quote]

Joel's hamster was working overtime in his wheel.

:P