Thirteen CLOSED

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Brandon96x

Hi, I was looking at the website earlyer because im visiting on wednesday and it says that 13 is closed and i was just wondering if you think it will be open for wednesday?http://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/t ... /thirteen/
Big Dave

Nothing coming up in the news ticker at the top of the main page, but it does say it on the Th13teen page. I hope they update the ticker as people will get very upset. Also, for it to be put up on the site, then I assume they plan on having it closed for a fairly long period of time, therefore Im sorry to tell you, but my personal feeling is that it wont be open on Wednesday.
Mi-Nigle

All they said today was computing failure. All three trains in station blocks and didn't see any mechanics or other staff what so ever.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Dean

Closed for the next couple of days, from comments on Facebook...
UltimateDingbat

Interesting. It was open Thursday and running ok
Don\'t like me learn to put up with me
ATJakee96

I were on park on the 30th and we were in the station gates when it broke down, they had to evacuate the crypt. .It was then closed for the whole day, we got free Th13teen priority passes but we obviously couldnt use them. I heard it will be shut all of the 31st as well.

---- Post Info Added ----

I were on park on the 30th and we were in the station gates when it broke down, they had to evacuate the crypt. .It was then closed for the whole day, we got free Th13teen priority passes but we obviously couldnt use them. I heard it will be shut all of the 31st as well.
Brandon96x

[quote=""ATJakee96""]I were on park on the 30th and we were in the station gates when it broke down, they had to evacuate the crypt. .It was then closed for the whole day, we got free Th13teen priority passes but we obviously couldnt use them. I heard it will be shut all of the 31st as well.

---- Post Info Added ----

I were on park on the 30th and we were in the station gates when it broke down, they had to evacuate the crypt. .It was then closed for the whole day, we got free Th13teen priority passes but we obviously couldnt use them. I heard it will be shut all of the 31st as well.[/quote]
Its unlikely but i do hope its open tomorrow, I dont realy mind but NEMI better be open lol..
starbugger1303

Yep I was talking to a member of staff who was working on it and he said it defianltey wont be open today or the next few days. Oh well we got free priority passes for it, so I'm happy! :D
JoshM

[quote=""LCWatAlton""]Ahhhh... Don't you just love Intamin free fall drop technology :wink:[/quote]

Yes.

Yes I do.
Brandon96x

Grr I head it was open yesterday for 2hr in the morning and can i also ask what ERT is?
rosco1982uk

Hello, long time lurker, first time joiner.

Me and my wife are travelling down from Edinburgh today to visit the park Wednesday and Thursday.

She doesn't do Nemesis or Oblivion so I'll single rider those.

However in order to reduce the queueing I bought 2 fast track passes for 13 and Rita.

Now Th13teen is closed. So what happens here? Not happy at paying £20 for the two of us to queue skip on Rita alone surely?
Last edited by rosco1982uk on Tue May 31, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan

[quote=""rosco1982uk""]Now Rita is closed. So what happens here? Not happy at paying £20 for the two of us to queue skip on Rita alone surely?[/quote]

That is unfortunate, but it's probably best to go to Guest Services on Towers Street when you arrive at the park and they may be able to exchange them or provide a refund (most likely the former).

:-)
AstroDan

As Jordan said. Usually they refund.or offer a fastrack on another attraction.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
rosco1982uk

Many thanks for the replies.
AltonOllie

Technical Difficulties?
Permission to make Racer X/Paul Gilbert pun. :P
Tom G

It ran for around two hours yesterday and then died. This is definitely a waiting for parts type of biggie as the photo booth shutters were closed off very quickly and in and around the ride was completely deserted from 12pm (ish) to the park closing.

Rita was also dead from opening until early afternoon, although the LED queue time signs simply said 0mins instead of closed, until it actually opened. Very frustrating!

Quite a poor showing from the park and crowds are definately going to be down by a lot this year. I know it was wet yesterday but you're talking quieter than a freezing early November weekday between Halloween and fireworks...
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""Tom G""]Quite a poor showing from the park and crowds are definately going to be down by a lot this year. I know it was wet yesterday but you're talking quieter than a freezing early November weekday between Halloween and fireworks...[/quote]

Doesn't sound too good for Alton, and 2011 is supposed to be a very important year for the attraction/tourism industry, as most people are avoiding overseas holidays and seeking UK days out, or so the local news reckoned.
Last edited by Don't_Look_Down on Tue May 31, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
siralgenon

So do we not think it will open on Wednesday or Thursdat then?
Brandon96x

All i could guess is that it could be open tomorrow for a few hours depending on how bad things are with it, im going tomorrow but i dont mind if its shut..
siralgenon

Id mind if it's still shut, it's a ride I love and it will make the other queue's bigger if it's closed!