Guided tour of the ruins (Who's interested?)

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.

Would you be interested in a ruins tour on the 27th Aug after ride close?

Poll runs till Wed Jun 26, 2052 6:10 pm

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 38
MattH

Im up for doing this, but i wont be able to pay until the end of next week at least now, that if that is even possible, money is really tight for me atm, shoot me a PM over with the details of where i need to send it to, and ill see what i can do
Big Dave

Please see updated "Whos paid list" on page 7
Last edited by Big Dave on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattmash

Not sure how I completely missed this topic (although it doesn't help that i never read the AT part of the forum :P), but is it too late to put my name down?

I can pay almost instantaneously via bank transfer :)
Big Dave

Still places if you want to come, plus a few people can no longer make it, so yeah I will pop your name down. Not sure how much you have seen, but basically its £10 which includes event, event suite and some refreshments. Takes place on 27th Aug.

Need to have payment before 17th July and it can be sent via a bank transfer, cheque or postal order (some are paying me at the AT live event).

Don't want to sound like I'm asking for money now (I am tbh :P), so will leave it up to you to get in touch for payment details.
Mike

Dave, just to add, I believe its now just me :) (my friend can no longer make the summer meet :( )

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
barryzola

Thought this would be relevant to this topic as i've obviously kept an eye on it as i'm attending this tour with you guys too.

I've just completed this page on my website which gives old views of rooms of the house compared with pictures taken by myself from the almost exact same view from this year. Take a look :)

[url=http://www.altontowersmemories.net/page11.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowersmemories.net/page11.htm[/url]

Enjoy :D
Big Dave

Updated version (Message me if the below is wrong) :

Username / Status
Moi / Of course I'm going to pay :P :)
Mike / Received payment with thanks :)
Dan B / Received payment with thanks :)
Barryzola / Received payment with thanks :)
DJtruefitt / Received payment with thanks :)
MattMash / Received payment with thanks :)
Badger /Received payment with thanks :)
Rob / Received payment with thanks :)
Russell / Received payment with thanks :)
Magrathea / Received payment with thanks :)
Diogo / Sorted something out so should be ok :)
Dormeins-Dave / Received payment with thanks :)
Meames / Received payment with thanks :)
Meames partner / Received payment with thanks :)
AstroDan / Received payment with thanks :)
Jordan / Received payment with thanks :)
Popboy / Received payment with thanks :)
Dave C / Received payment with thanks :)
Rowe / Received payment with thanks :)
The its man / Received payment with thanks :)
Vik / Received payment with thanks :)
ryanstuff / Received payment with thanks :)
ryan's gf / Received payment with thanks :) + Park ticket
Stu / Received payment with thanks :)

Rollerjunkie / Asked for payment details, just waiting to receive payment.
sr3d / Asked for payment details, just waiting to receive payment.
Matt H / Asked for payment details, just waiting to receive payment.
gazag / Asked for payment details, just waiting to receive payment.
Charlotte.zoe / Asked for payment details, just waiting to receive payment.
Brett / Asked for payment details, just waiting to receive payment.

Need payment within the next few days at the very latest now guys!
Last edited by Big Dave on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryansstuff

Is there any spaces left would be able to get you the payment in the next two weeks :) it would be me and my girlfriend :)
Free flash games website: http://rybofun.com/
Roller Coaster mad: http://www.rollercoastermad.com
Big Dave

These are the event details.

What is it? Its a guided tour of the ruins and gardens taking place directly after the main meetup event.
When is it? It will take place after ride close (5pmish) on Saturday 27th Aug.
How much is it? £10 per person. This includes entrance to the event, event suite and refreshments.
How do I get involved? There are spaces still left on this trip. Leave a message in here or drop me a PM.
How do I pay you? Payment is really easy. You can send me a cheque or postal order or do a bank transfer.
How do I get your address or bank details? Please drop me a PM.
When do you need payment by? I MUST have payment before 17th July.
Will there be additional accommodation/transport for the event? No, but members may have spare rooms should you wish to stay or spare seats in a car, should you require transport. Please check the official meetup topic for details.

Can I remind you that I need payment before the 17th. THERE ARE STILL SPACES ON THIS TOUR, so please contact me via the PM function and I will add you and pass on more details.

---- Post Info Added ----

Ryansstuff - I am really trying hard to get in contact with the team organising this to see if reduced price tickets are still available. I have gone back to contacting the corporate events team about it and Im currently awaiting a reply.

Can I also just take this time to remind people that this isnt really a "Behind the scenes tour". All areas I expect to see on this tour are fully accessible to the public anyway, although there is a slim chance we might be able to see some unseen areas too, but please dont hold your breathe!

As for payments, yes Im going to nag again :P
I am still awaiting to hear from about 10 people over payments. I know people are waiting until they get paid and I totally understand, but as it currently stands, we have under the 15 people required for this event to take place and theres only around 22 days until I need payment in by. Even if you cannot make it or if you are going to pay, but might be literally the day before I need it by, then can you let me know? Makes the task of seeing whos definitely going much easier, as I have had so many people saying they want to go, but then heard nothing from them since.
siralgenon

Hey, im interested in going maybe my uncle too, any idea what time the tour would finish? and is there any spaces left?

Big Dave

There are still loads of spaces, but I do need payment ASAP. The tour starts around 5pm and finished at around 7pm, but give or take half an hour.
meames

Looking forward to this - did you get my payment this week? :)
Big Dave

I havent got it yet, but I have been away so theres every chance my mum has got it somewhere. I will send you a PM when I get it. Also if anyone requires park tickets at the reduced price of £20 per person, I need to let them know before I pay on the 17th.

Payment for the event is due on the 17th of this month and I cannot hold places for those who have not yet paid or made arrangements :!: :!: :!:
Dave

Naturally im interested in this. If I'm not to late I'll put my name down. Having written one of my dissertations on the topic! Lol
Big Dave

Plenty of room on this tour, but I do need payment before the 17th.

Thanks

Plenty of room on this tour, but I do need payment before the 17th.

Thanks
AstroDan

Payment shall be sent from me in the next three days.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
gazag

ohh god i totally forgot about this, geez silly me. payment being sent this week
Big Dave

Ok those who have not yet requested bank transfer or address for cheques, I will send the details to you asap. If I do not hear from you before the 10th I will have to cross you off the list. Can I also remind you that payment must be in before the 17th. We now have 15 or so people for this trip so it can now go ahead properly.

I know some are requesting discounted park tickets. I have to order these separately and need to know asap how many you need and receive payment for them within the next few days at the latest!

Last day to request payment details guys! I cannot leave it much later as I have to have all payment in before the 17th!
Charlotte.zoe

I have sent you a Pm about the ruins tour and about payment