Alt-on Towers (What if?)

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
ATJakee96

What about if OBLIVION were never constructed i cant think of Alton Towers without it.
What if John Wardley were never born we would never have such creations like NEMESIS
cheeky_becky

[quote=""ATJakee96""]What about if OBLIVION were never constructed i cant think of Alton Towers without it.
What if John Wardley were never born we would never have such creations like NEMESIS[/quote]
That's so true! Can't imagine it if there's no Nemesis, I'd have a different favourite coaster! I don't have any other favourite ride in the UK apart from Nemesis! :shock:
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

I always wonder if Terry's current improvements should of been ready on opening day or were concepted later on due to lack of depth to the ride.

So what if Terry was completed on opening day?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
ImURNemesis

What if the cross-vally woodie opened and Corkscrew was replaced with something eles. Would the old UG land theme remain?
blackholes crow

what if AT 's intreduced a ride limet of only 200ft? well it would be a lot boring [inprespective the hight of the pepsi max] also a no steel section so only wood in the area
''holy crap lead wasps''. ''keep low and keep your eyes peeled boys were goin in guns blazing''
''ON THE FLOOR NOW''.''STAY DOWN OR ELSE''.
dominoes

What if John never thought of a flying coaster? Or a vertical drop coaster? We would loose all the great rides in the world! And we would not even have wingcoasters probably!
Stelios7

What if Merrie England has the budget to get it's themeing to the fullest on day one? Would we of had more traditional rides than the 3D Cinema and Splash Kart?
TheRealRNixon

What if one of the many bomb scares had been real, and fatal?

- RyanNixon
@TheRealRNixon
iNemesis

TheRealRNixon wrote: What if one of the many bomb scares had been real, and fatal?

- RyanNixon
What a truly grim comment....
TheRealRNixon

iNemesis wrote:
TheRealRNixon wrote: What if one of the many bomb scares had been real, and fatal?

- RyanNixon
What a truly grim comment....
I didnt mean fatel towards people, I ment towards an attraction or area i.e. X-Sector, I didnt mean it to be offensive, sorry :oops:

- RyanNixon
@TheRealRNixon
ImURNemesis

Then shourly we would have no oblivion today.
JaykeAT

what if during the Tussaud sale,alton towers had gone independent?
taggy

What if Alton towers never went down the whole worlds first attractions plans for the park
PeteMadden

What if the Earl gave the old woman that penny?
Stelios7

What if Edward England got incinerated and exploded after falling into the Tavern Grill after clumsily tripping over some wires, causing injury to other pirates and guests.

Now that's grim.
DrReeve

jordanc44 wrote: What if we never had the strict height limit? What rides do you think we would have then? Personally, i think blivy would definitely be higher, we'd have some decent flats (think rush and slammer at thorpe), rita would resemble stealth somewhat and maybe the thunder looper ( or an updated version of it ) may still be with us.
if there was no height restrictions then it would be higher than stealth remember stealth was limited because pf heathrow terminal nearby
Image credit to Lewis97
MC4

What if oblivion had never been built? Would alton be as famous? What would have become of what we know now as X-Sector? What could have been built in it's place?
DrReeve

MC4 wrote: What if oblivion had never been built? Would alton be as famous? What would have become of what we know now as X-Sector? What could have been built in it's place?
Nemesis brought some fame so maybe they still would go for a big ride but maybe not along the lines of a world first maybe schwarzkopf would of built his wanted ride through the valley. but the x sector in total would not be the place it is today with its rides for younger kids i.e enterprise and the thrill seeker Blivvy. I think we would of ended up with a poor area that wouldnt be as well themed as x sector
Image credit to Lewis97
MC4

DrReeve wrote:
MC4 wrote: What if oblivion had never been built? Would alton be as famous? What would have become of what we know now as X-Sector? What could have been built in it's place?
Nemesis brought some fame so maybe they still would go for a big ride but maybe not along the lines of a world first maybe schwarzkopf would of built his wanted ride through the valley. but the x sector in total would not be the place it is today with its rides for younger kids i.e enterprise and the thrill seeker Blivvy. I think we would of ended up with a poor area that wouldnt be as well themed as x sector
I suppose but im sure having the title of a 'world-first rollercoaster' would have added to the fame and put alton on the map in the eyes of many! maybe air, thirteen and sw7 would have never of been thought of if they never went down the world first route :O is it possible that The Black Hole still be in its tent?
bensaund

The fact the black hole ride itself is still operating is a shame as an indoor coaster is missed at Alton.
If you go down to the woods today