Alton Towers Live - Music Concert 19th June 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Wes

This is Brilliant!

4 of the biggest artists in the charts right now. :clap:
Coke

Alton Towers have saids on Facebook that the 19th June is for ticket holders only. Annual passholders cannot gain entry.

Are you thirsty?
thefatone

I'm pretty sure the date will be on the relevant MAP email newsletter. There's no point telling people now, as there'll only be around 10 people wanting that specific date at this time.

It's on the website - as with everything, you check before you go to see if you can get in.

Towers created the event, its not a buy-out.
thefatone

That's because the park day is discounted.

The event will be a sell-out, busy enough to class it as an event day anyway.

As for legolan, the basic lego pass never can get you in which is on par with MAP really. The reason lego copes is because its never busy on lego live, the maximum they've had in recent years is 16k, which is quiet for lego on busy days!
gosling

I get all excited when I see Music Concert and then I see that it's just a "Music" concert :P Terrible. But! I think it'll work very well for AT so it's a good move on their part. Certainly a day to avoid for me though.
~ Good try but not this time ~
Chris W

You can buy tickets tomorrow via The Saturdays website in a presale: Link

Slighly better look at the logo too (which I think is brilliant!)

Dean

Premium Annual Pass Concert Entry £36 + Booking fee

Which fails to mention, is this price available to Merlin Premium Pass holders?
Voke

[quote=""Dean""]Premium Annual Pass Concert Entry £36 + Booking fee

Which fails to mention, is this price available to Merlin Premium Pass holders?[/quote]

I guess it would be, but knowing Merlin they'll bring out a "Alton Tower's Premium Annual Pass" :roll:
Rob L

[quote=""Voke""][quote=""Dean""]Premium Annual Pass Concert Entry £36 + Booking fee

Which fails to mention, is this price available to Merlin Premium Pass holders?[/quote]

I guess it would be, but knowing Merlin they'll bring out a "Alton Tower's Premium Annual Pass" :roll:[/quote]
You mean like the one on this page? ;)

Crofty

Pass holders should be charged the £55 minus a normal day ticket IMO.

Nice line up and with the ticket prices I think we may see a quieter day than expected. I can't see family's forking out £55 for young kids. The coasters will take a pounding though.

This is another great reason for ditching the Annual Pass.
monsterdan5

Wow really thought you would get more of a discount than that, :( Premium seems to be getting restrictions to...
AstroDan

£36 is great in my view, not that ill be going. It's £19 less than the full price, and AT won't be making the
£39.60 on all the tickets anyway, the bulk of the £55 will be for the gig. I was only expecting 20% so this is good of them.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Rob L

I think it's very unfair to say that the £36 is not good value. For the £55 combined ticket, the price of theme park entry is clearly discounted and the majority of the cost will be for the concert itself. I was reminded yesterday that Pink tickets were somewhere in the region of £50 for just the concert, so compared to Pink this is fantastic value for money.

:)

And.

[quote=""damos1""]Agreed by far they should be basically £15 concert entry, yet I get no love :evil: [/quote]

£15 to see JLS, The Saturdays, McFly and Eliza Doolittle? - You're taking the piss there. To see JLS alone in an arena would probably cost you in excess of £30.
thefatone

[quote=""Crofty""]
Nice line up and with the ticket prices I think we may see a quieter day than expected. I can't see family's forking out £55 for young kids. The coasters will take a pounding though.[/quote]
Families at a concert? That's a regular occurance ;).

Think of if these were playing altogether in the o2. It'd be sell-out. And more expensive than towers. I think it'd do rather well ;)
Jordan

I'm happy to see a concert organised again this year, and am quite surprised at the scale (ie several big-name artists instead of just one). I'm sure Alton have the experience from working with the event organisers last year to take this project on well themselves. I hope it all goes well and perhaps we might see a couple more concerts over this season.

Personally, these aren't my choice of artists (especially not JLS), so I'll be steering clear of this concert. I do, however, think it's a bit of a shame that AP holders cannot enter the park on that day at all - whilst I understand that it is a logistical nightmare to get everyone out of the park and then back in again, it just feels like another restriction added to the 'no restrictions' Premium Pass. For the AP holders who do want to attend the concert though, the discounted ticket price is really good and I think it's a step in the right direction in rebuilding the perceptions around Annual Passes. :)
Rob L

[quote=""damos1""][quote=""Rob""]I think it's very unfair to say that the £36 is not good value. For the £55 combined ticket, the price of theme park entry is clearly discounted and the majority of the cost will be for the concert itself. I was reminded yesterday that Pink tickets were somewhere in the region of £50 for just the concert, so compared to Pink this is fantastic value for money.

:)[/quote]

Either way mappers sort of hold a valid ticket :( they choose to discount the theme park rate.

Basically it is discounted to the half term rate and line up of rides is not that much more than half term?

What is closed during half term? I do believe just Rita and Thirteen?[/quote]
Rides closed at Half Term include; Rita, Thirteen, Ripsaw, Submission, Enterprise, The Flume, Congo River Rapids, Battle Galleons, and I think CATCF and Squirrel Nutty are also closed; so a considerable number.

[quote=""Jordan""]Personally, these aren't my choice of artists (especially not JLS), so I'll be steering clear of this concert. I do, however, think it's a bit of a shame that AP holders cannot enter the park on that day at all - whilst I understand that it is a logistical nightmare to get everyone out of the park and then back in again, it just feels like another restriction added to the 'no restrictions' Premium Pass. For the AP holders who do want to attend the concert though, the discounted ticket price is really good and I think it's a step in the right direction in rebuilding the perceptions around Annual Passes. :)[/quote]
It would be nice if AP holders could get into the park on the day, but you have to remember that it is in the T&Cs of the passes that entry to the park excludes any concert dates. It's only going to be 2 or 3 days this season so I think we can cope with that really. It is good to see a discounted price yes, though they have been a bit cheeky as for most people the first time they are able to upgrade to a Premium Pass is going to be Saturday, however tickets go on sale Friday morning and you can not get the discounted price until you actually have your Premium Pass.

thefatone

My god. Moaning about the price, then insulting anyone on here who may want to go see it - suggesting you don't.

Why even mention it? The park entry is discounted for all - it's under £20pp. Shh. Please.
DiogoJ42

Is it wrong of me to hope that this is a massive failure, and hardly anyone turns up?
Rob L

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Is it wrong of me to hope that this is a massive failure, and hardly anyone turns up?[/quote]
Why on earth do you hope that? If it's just because it's not your type of music then that is an incredibly selfish hope. Concerts at Towers can only be a good thing, Pink last year was fantastic and I expect this will be the same! The reason that there is another concert this year, and the possibility of there being more, is because of the success of Pink last season. For concerts to continue to take place at the Resort, which I think most of us would like, then they need to be a success.