Alton Towers Live - Music Concert 19th June 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Judy-Poody

I couldnt have put it better myself Badger :P hehe, all of the acts brought a new and fresh buzz of energy to the place yesterday! Even the staff seemed to enjoy themselves! (before the events of road traffic management after the said event XP) The flow of guests entering the arena was done in a most fluid and orgonised manor! i really cannot fault the way it was managed! and many of us relished in the fun of goose poo fighting! :P
But yes, it started with a nervous, but absolutly brilliant charlotte o'conner! what a brilliant voice! but then came the widely popular Eliza Doolittle! admitidly, im not much for her music, but that didnt stop me from having a little boogy ;P HA!
So...what came next then... even more epicness! i Had Cookies! and a hot chocolate! =P~ YUM!

*Coughs, anyway, when the saturdays came on stage, the atmosphere really did begin to hit its peak! yes, they were wearing as little as expected, but the male majority of guests didnt seem to mind! dirty things :roll: lol
but hey hey, then came McFly! and what can i say... OUTSTANDING! :D they really do have a way with the crowds! they brought laughter to their fans! tossed out free goodies, and above all... they seemed to be having a damn good time themselves! what a performance! :D I was sad when they went :cry:
hehe, oooh well, then came what all the young girls in the crowds were waiting for! the stage was set, the pre show videos began... then BANG! JLS were on stage, and the crowd was in roars of chants and screams :D
all that could be heard throughout this wonderful evening was the enjoyment and excitement of fans as Alton Towers gave back the magic us guests have been craving for! we had all finally been able to escape the chains of reality, and soak in the joys of music, fun and gorgous male celebrities ;)

so now its a meer memory...but its a brilliant one at that! :wink: i would like to say a special thanks to Russell for being so kind as to provide me with a fun and enjoyable lift! :D and to all who came as part of our little group! you all made this day, in all honesty, the best day iv had on park this year! :D and of course, lets not forget all the staff who made this day so enjoyable!

Thank you to all the employees of the Alton Towers Resort!
:clap:
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Did the Saturdays sing Missing You?
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Dormiens-Dave

Sounds like it was a great event and well managed, queues where big but thats to be expected really. Just hope future concerts are planned and they become more popular.

And i'm glad theres a pulse in the old girl, i have a real hope scarefest and fireworks are going to kick start the park back into first gear after the last few months :D
Big Dave

This event was very well handled and everyone I could see was having a great time. Ok, the parking and picking up at the end of the day wasnt great, but that is to be expected when the place is so busy.

Lets break the whole day down and see the highs and lows for me...:

Arrived at 9.35ish and the front entrance was empty. People obviously already had their park tickets and the turnstiles where open letting people in and reminding them that most rides would not open until just before 10am, but people could make their way to the rides and wait. I waited until the rest of the group turned up and towers street was getting fairly busy, but I think a lot of people were checking out the shops and booths.

The concert area was fenced off and there was frequent announcements that the whole of towers street, and arena area would close around 1pm to get ready for the show. There was also loads of staff around trying to help any guests with questions. As for people trying to grab money off you, other than the odd people selling drinks, there wasnt actually much. Picsolve were very, very calm as it was clearly too busy to go and take photos of everyone.

We went into towers family restaurant and it was fairly quiet in there as far as people go. Russell had a problem with getting over charged for something, but it was sorted out. We then headed off to Oblivion and heres where one fairly big problem was. They had to fence the arena and surrounding area off, I understand that, but with the skyride also out of action, this meant that people had to walk a lot to get on the rides. Maybe better layout should have been used to reduce walking for the guests until right before the event.

Oblivion didnt have much of a queue and we were on in 15mins max. We then walked over to Hex and it had about 10min queue as well. Rita and Th13teen were fairly busy so we passed on both of them, but yet again we expected this and it really didnt bother us too much. Both queues were around an hour.

A walk over to FV and we went on Nemesis and that was around 35mins. Single riders looked busy, but on Nemesis, the SRQ is not very well laid out and can get busy easily. We then headed over the Gloomy wood and realised they were just starting to clear towers street, making gloomy wood very busy.

Walked from there up to woodcutters and got served extremely quickly. Was actually shocked how quick our food was ready! Was great quality like normal and extremely tasty. Wasn't a bad price, but towards the upper limits I would normally pay.

We then headed to the concert knowing it would be getting busy soon. Luckily we managed to get an ok spot. Wasnt the best by far, but we kinda already knew that unless you were right at the front, you would only be able to see the screens, so in fairness, being able to see the stage up until McFly came on was actually really good.

The concert itself was awesome and after speaking to several people, despite JLS being the main act, McFly actually stole the show as they were just so amazing and they really knew how to get the crowd going. Also heres someone to look out for... Charlotte O'connor. What a singer! She was almost in tears with fear, as I assume this is the largest crowd she has ever played to. Everyone there wanted to go up and give her an hug as she was just so scared, but sounded amazing!

The end of the event was a bit poor and kinda spoiled it a bit. Waiting over 2hrs just to be picked up by my dad. I phoned him way before the event finished, yet it still took him about 45mins to get onto the pick up point and then over an hour to get back out. I kinda expected it to be busy, but not so busy just to pick people up. Maybe this is something they need to look at in future...

In general it was an awesome day out and I will pop a few of my fav photos on here shortly. :D

(Quick team request... Any chance of getting this moved to the trip review sub-forum, now the event has taken place?)
Last edited by Big Dave on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judy-Poody

[quote=""Spike""]Did the Saturdays sing Missing You?[/quote]

Hell yes they did! ^_^ all the bands sang their most popular creations! :D And some even went as far as to sing their own versions of golden hits from the past! :D

hehe, but gosh yes Dave i seriously cannot fault the way the event was managed :)
Gosh, even the system for purchasing alcohol was a simple and fluid in management! :D if you went to buy alcohol in the arena, you were I.D'd, and then given a wrist band to stop you being badgered again with age checks! SIMPLES! :D hehe
Big Dave

Charlotte O'connor (Just adding three of each to keep loading times down)

Eliza Doolittle

The Saturdays

McFly(Ok few more of McFly :P)

JLS
Rob L

Well what a fantastic event put on by Alton Towers, I had an amazing time as did those I was with.

As others have said the park was quite busy but this just helped to enhance the whole atmosphere and queues were not stupidly big. We all had a really enjoyable time on park before the actual concert!

Entering the concert arena was similar to pink only it seemed more efficient and more family friendly to an extent. We were then able to find a place on the lawns; most of the space closer to the stage had been taken but we had a pretty good spot. There was a great selection of food inside the arena including an ice cream van selling Mr Whippys, these need to be sold on park all of the time!

The concert itself was fantastic. Charlotte O'Connor was first on and wow, how unexpectedly brilliant! She has a great voice and was so cute when she spoke, you really did just want to give her a hug! I will certainly be looking out to buy her album when it comes out in November, she was a great opener performing in front of what must be the biggest crowd she ever has done!

Eliza Doolittle and The Saturdays were also fantastic and were looking good! :wink:

McFly were probably the stand out act, they really got the crown going and helped to create a fantastic atmosphere. The T shirt launchers were great fun and they had some great effects whilst performing including pyros and confetti launchers at the end. Then JLS were on as the headliners. I am by no means a JLS fan but to be fair to them they were very good and like the other acts put on a great show. It was a good ending to a fantastic concert!

I also think it was great showing music videos on the big screens during the breaks between acts, they provided some good fun entertainment as well as a time to sit down and have a little relax!

As for leaving the park; I know there were not as many people there as for Pink but it was still very busy with the grass car parks being used. It was easy to tell that the traffic management was much improved from Pink last year. It is never going to be quick leaving car parks when you do have about 17,000 people leaving at about the same time anywhere, never mind at Alton Towers. Routes leaving the theme park itself were far better and the whole organisation of getting cars out with the use of traffic lights was an improvement. I don't think they could have done a much better job really. Also like last year with Morwenna, managers including the divisional director were out to help get the traffic out of the park so credit to them.

Overall yesterday was probably one of the best, if not the best day I have had on park so far this year. The atmosphere was phenomenal and whilst watching the concert I really did feel some magic. Also I must say thanks to Russell, Jude, Badger and Dave for helping to make the day as good as it was!

So a huge well done to Ian Crabbe and his team for putting on a spectacular event; I think the management can be proud of it. Also huge credit to all the other members of staff who worked extra long hours with smiles on their faces helping to make everyone's day even better. They all did a great job!

I can only hope that more concerts will return next year.

:D

starbugger1303

I think you Rob, were one of the TTFers I saw yesterday... Were you stood by the big tower? :)
Rob L

Yes we were fairly close to the tower!

EDIT:

Charlotte O'Connor's fantastic performance can be seen here.

:)

Adam

Did anyone get the whole McFly performance?

Would quite like to see them.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote="".Adam""]Did anyone get the whole McFly performance?

Would quite like to see them.[/quote]

I can't find The Saturdays - Missing You on Youtube from the event :cry: LOVE that song so much and it would have been the only reason for me going, hence not justifying the cost for one song :lol:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Big Dave

[quote=""Rob""]Charlotte O'Connor's fantastic performance can be seen here.

:)[/quote]

OMG shes so cute and amazing! Oh and "Head Rush" is officially stuck in my head! :P

---- Post Info Added ----

Some McFly is here

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... re=related[/url]
[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... re=related[/url]
e4kenndr

I got most of Mcfly performance i think from a side view though, currently uploading it all 2 utube which can be found here

[url=http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL64484156A8C37BA9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL64484156A8C37BA9[/url]

although currently not in any order until its finished uploading which will take hours as some was in HD but I will order them all eventually! (theres 22 in total (mostly JLS)