Fastrack, Website, ERT & Brochures 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
John

Some of the footage is pretty old - in the nemesis video you can just about see Thunderlooper and the Beast
longy0151

just been on the new website today and looked at the park map. It says the 2011 map will be launching soon!http://www.altontowers.com/site/templat ... &terms=map
Moley

[quote=""Big Dave""]As daft as it might seem, can I point out the obvious. The site has been saying "COMING SOON" and yet people have been slagging it off saying how crap the servers must be. Ok having a bit of fun is ok, but Im sure some poor sod is spending hours trying to get the site to work.[/quote]
They just need something to complain about.

Just look at the Facebook page, the park are letting people in for free and all they can do is moan about the need for a smartphone.
Nightfall

The new site real puts the old one to shame, I absolutely love it :)

If I’m being really picky I'd say most the videos have little or no sound at all. But it's a massive improvement and the right blend between practical and marketable.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Voke

Great new site, this is so much better than the last one! But am I the only disappointed with the Ride Videos? They just seem to be missing that little bit of magic, especially the TH13TEEN one.
siralgenon

[quote=""longy0151""]just been on the new website today and looked at the park map. It says the 2011 map will be launching soon!http://www.altontowers.com/site/templat ... &terms=map[/quote]

Just to add the 2011 Monopoly has been "coming soon" since last November and its still the 2010 one, so don't get your hopes up for a new map this soon.

On a positive note the new site looks great and I hope it gets updated more than the old one :!:
Well done AT :D

P.S alton, you could do with a backing track etc. on the vids, but thats just me being picky :D
Voke

Alton will release the 2011 map quite late, due to a lack of a Sun Tickets offer this year. I'd guess we can expect it late March when the park opens, not February. :)
siralgenon

Arn't the sun doing the tickets this year then?
haydn!

I think they're only doing the 2 for 1 tickets this year.
themealgang

Awesome new website. It screams Thorpe Park's... but only this time Alton have done it right. Great job!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Stu

I like how they made the animation of Ripsaw, just the picture and add an effect which looks like a bingo machine full of white balls smashed open and gone mad... looks funny. But the new site is really good, little slow to load at work with our 3mb line but the site is great and was always missing the "media" side of things in terms of pictures and movie clips to get people excited. Nice one love it!
Johno

The new website is fantastic. I mean really very well done Alton Towers.

Good show.
Coke

Can anybody help? I just tried to access the site and I get a white page full of links and a few images. I have a feeling it is the low graphics version, but it is messy and I don't know how to sort it! #-o

Are you thirsty?
Adam James

Are the Laughs & Frights and Attractions tabs not working for anyone else?
I can currently only see the thrill ride tab.

Nonetheless, the new style is a vast improvement. Congrats Headland! :clap:
Coke

None of the tabs are working for me! :x

Are you thirsty?
Adam

Seems to be an error in Firefox. It all works fine in IE. Prob sort it..
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
AstroDan

Love it. However:

Thirteen still a thrill ride??
Scarefest 2011 the longest??

Pfft!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
SEALIFE

Does anyone else feel the introduction of the video the Alton Towers logo and the effect is really magical? :D
Coke

Early Ride Time
Please note - Early Ride Time is not available during Scarefest, and February Half-Term and 1-7 November 2011. Enjoy a selection of the most popular rides and attractions 1 hr before the park opens. For 2011, Early Ride Time includes the following rides and attractions:
Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE
Oblivion
Hex
Heave Ho
Marauder's Mayhem
Nemesis
Runaway Mine Train
Sonic Spinball

Are you thirsty?
CoasterCrazyChris

I think its amazing, glad the awful bevel and emboss backrounds are gone finally, and that boring generic golden text that they overused in everything as well. :)

I love the new bannerhead type things with the ride logos and animations and its nice to finally have ride videos for the top attractions - but no audio?!

Unfortunately however the actual written content of the site has pretty much not changed at all and is still poor, its a shame particularly that there is only one line of informatiomn for most of the major attractions and nothing more. I wish there was just a little backround info on each of the major rides.

:)