Fastrack, Website, ERT & Brochures 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Voke

Still no mention of a new attraction for 2011. Disappointing, if there was one, it'd be on the main-site.
Coke

[quote=""siralgenon""]:!: ATTENTION :!:
EMPEROR'S GRILL has been listed in the new brochure as new for 2011! Under Food & Drink!

(p.s .Andy, how did you make your 2011 signature?)[/quote]

I posted it in the restaurant topic at 7am this morning! No worries! I was just browsing for waterpark tickets and came across the new website!
Last edited by Coke on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you thirsty?
siralgenon

Oh sorry I was going to go there next.
Adam

Looks to me like the site is about to come back on line.

Edit: Maybe not... Headland really are rubbish!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Jordan

[quote="".Adam""]Looks to me like the site is about to come back on line.

Edit: Maybe not... Headland really are rubbish![/quote]

See, if Joel was running the AT site it'd never be down ;)
Adam

Haha, of course not! :wink: :lol:

Hopefully they will have one last try before 5.00 otherwise someone will be doing a little overtime... :lol:
Joel

[quote=""Voke""]Still no mention of a new attraction for 2011. Disappointing, if there was one, it'd be on the main-site.[/quote]

Probably because there isn't one, as we've already covered in the news ;)

I have to say though, I'm liking the look of the new site from the screenshot above. Certainly got a nice colour, brightness and "fun" look about it.

I've also heard about the new ride pages, with video montages of the ride. I wonder if we have a spy in the TT Team, as we'd planned something similar some time ago for our very own TT lol!

Now it just looks like [s:2kiehq5x]Chris, who "originally" thought it up[/s:2kiehq5x] we're copying the Alton Towers site. Pah! :lol:

-- Edit --

Ooh its up again! Looking good. Although they've stolen our menus too! GAAAAAAAAAAAAH! lmao!

-- Re-Edit --

Gah its gone again! Christ webgeeks, sort it out like! :P
Adam

Bet you wished you launched the new TT first now... :wink:
Joel

Well here part of it is anyway. Click fer biggaah :P

Edit: Just noticed the gold "detail" around the boxes is missing in that screenshot. D'oh!
Blaze

Wow, I'm very impressed with that, it looks lovely.

Or at any rate, 100000 times better than Thorpe's new site! :P
siralgenon

I think it looks very quirky and fun and represents the resort exactly.
Big Dave

Joel, if the preview of the new TT site was anything to go by, I think you have nothing to worry about the official site.
Adam

Wow, I was joking earlier but it looks like they really have given up for tonight. Guess they really do all finish work bang on 5.00pm. Roll on tomorrow to see it now I guess.
Tom G

Thirteen obviously valued higher in their view.

Haven't yet seen the new site, awaiting with interest.
Adam

Hmmm, very odd. They have put the old site back up... :?
siralgenon

What the hell are they doing :?:
Chris W

They had to put the old site back online, they would have been losing hotel bookings and ticket sales whilst also affecting guests who would be travelling to the resort and looking for information.

Clearly there are a few issues with the new site, its best just to put the old site back online until these issues are resolved.
James

If anyone wants to see the new site deign visit this page.

[url=https://secure.altontowersresort.com/we ... visitDate=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]https://secure.altontowersresort.com/we ... visitDate=[/url]

Obviously the drop down menus won't come up and clicking any of the links will redirect you straight back to the old site. It gives you a vague idea on what the new design actually looks like though.
Ellie

It does make alot of sense them putting the old one back on-line, the last thing they are going to want to do is lose business especially with half term only being 2 weeks away now. I do think the new site is going to look pretty coo, different from the old style.

Ellie
Last edited by Ellie on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
James

Just put together a quick list on a few things I noted on the new site.
  • - If you hover your mouse over each piece of text on the bar a drop down menu comes up, thus making it easier to get what you want right away.

- The virtual tours have now been fully integrated into the site, these can be seen on the hotel pages. They show the hotel rooms, themed suites and the restaurants.

- On each of the 'major' ride pages are videos showing the ride. There is an animated Alton Towers logo at the start which shows electricity/magic starts spiralling around the logo.

- For every ride/attraction page there is a animated header.

- Most of the rides/attractions have got there own picture galleries.

- For each ride/attraction page there is a reviews section where you can submit a review of that ride/attraction that could be shown on there for others to read.

- The same "Escape" font representing the different parts of the resort has been used on most of the pages like the theme park page, resort page, spa page.

- The main pages have a different background colour/image following the style of the Towers background on the new site.

- I also noted two new promotional images, one for Extraordinary Golf and another of the Waterpark Master Blaster.
That's all I can think of for now, only had a 10 minute browse on there this morning. Overall I really like how they've changed the site, many members have moaned about no ride videos and galleries on the site so it's great to see Alton have finally decided on getting this simple things onto the site.