Fastrack, Website, ERT & Brochures 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Rocket

Th13teen may creep onto the ERT list sometime during the year
AstroDan

Th13teen fastrack is barely worth it... the throughput is very high and even to the entrance the queue is not 1 hour if its on 3 trains running well!

:)
siralgenon

[quote=""AstroDan""]Th13teen fastrack is barely worth it... the throughput is very high and even to the entrance the queue is not 1 hour if its on 3 trains running well!

:)[/quote]

TH14TEEN does have a high throughput but everyone buys something from the drinks kiosk and thats waht makes the queue longer. Thats what your queueing for, past the hut there's a gap then 10 people at the baggage hold :!:
danny13

I wish the Skyride was able to open for ERT - even if it from 9.30 as I find I spend most of ERT walking from one side of the park to the other. It would be useful this year, especially with Rita and Nemesis being next to the Skyride stations.

I also think TH13TEEN will open early too if there is still a hype around people queuing early for it.

[quote=""AstroDan""]Spinball should still be open early I reckon... maybe they just don't want to advertise it. Spinball at least needs to open by 9.45am otherwise it'll be horrendous when the stampede kicks in.

I must be honest though, I was rather liking starting the day with Spinball - the queue most of the time prevented me bothering!
[/quote]

I agree with this. The only time I rode Spinball last year was during ERT because of the queues in the day and it was a good ride to start with.
Nightfall

[quote=""siralgenon""][s:kab1yhei]TH14TEEN[/s:kab1yhei] Th13teen does have a high throughput but everyone buys something from the drinks kiosk and thats waht makes the queue longer. Thats what your queueing for, past the hut there's a gap then 10 people at the baggage hold :!:[/quote] The hut doesn’t hold up the queue. It makes the queue move differently but doesn’t increase you're wait. A hold up at the baggage area can increase the wait but only because it's so close to the entrance.

AstroDans right about waiting an hour. I've timed it a couple of times and assuming there are no breakdowns the entire queue is consistent at an hour wait. I expect it will be added to ERT next year (in accordance with the original planning application which predicted 2 years of popularity after the rides contruction).
[align=center]Image[/align]
SIMR

[quote=""AstroDan""]Th13teen fastrack is barely worth it... the throughput is very high and even to the entrance the queue is not 1 hour if its on 3 trains running well!

:)[/quote]

But the cattlepen drives me insane! (Not literally).
AstroDan

I am glad for Merlin's sake that there are those that pander to their profit making.

;)
TB2

[quote=""AstroDan""]I am glad for Merlin's sake that there are those that pander to their profit making.

;)[/quote]

Fair power to Merlin, they can profit so easily from peoples impatience.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion