10 years later...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
RustyRider

I'd like to see a park & ride system brought in to reduce congestion in the surrounding villages (cheadle, Farley, Alton etc. Have the car parks in Stoke or uttoxeter or both, then run shuttle buses every 5 mins to the park. This would free up all the car park space for possible development or a Disney style entertInment complex with another hotel. Shops and restaurants.

If this happened i reckon Alton would be on a par with the Disney parks.
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Dave98013

[quote=""RustyRider""]If this happened i reckon Alton would be on a par with the Disney parks.[/quote]

No way!

Have you ever been to a Disney park? Take a look at the theaming the amazing attractions and the amazing staff AT year a good day out in the uk but on par with Disney no way
RustyRider

Alot can happen in 10 years dave, everyone thinks merlin are doing an awful job so far but you've got to think they've not owned the park that long and already they've added a coaster, got Planning for a new dark ride, a new ride in 2013 plus retheming of ug land with a new coaster, put that with all the other parks they own and the development they have received, (saw, raptor, the swarm, Blackpool tower etc.).

The future looks bright (thankfully not orange though :p) for merlin and Alton towers.
Dave98013

I totally agree the future looks very very good. I love AT but I also go to Florida each year ... Disney world is in a class all on it's own.
RustyRider

It's not surprising dis eh are no1 with combined gate figures at 115m per year, compared to merlins 30m!!

We will get there soon enough though hopefully!
Vladimir Bobinski

The Flume to be removed/replaced.
The Monorail to be removed/shutdown depending on whether new Entrance near Hotel is to be the only entrance once created.
Black Hole tent to be removed/reused for something. Personally I think an Intamin Tower would work so well in the X Sector.
Increased prices, extended hours to be the norm to tackle long term traffic problems, along with increased parking and further hotels.
Small/Medium Attractions to be built between the space of the hotels and main park to help connect the park.
Spinball Wizard to be moved for SW8/SW9.
Park & Ride / Tram System to move some parking away from main site.
Towers Street to be redeveloped/re purposed.
Mutiny Bay to be re themed, see larger attraction.
lf2001

I think SW8 will open and SW9 will be being constructed. Possibly a third hotel? The Flume to be replaced and Duel to be replaced.
Last edited by lf2001 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
X/: no way out

To be honest I see the Blade making way for a small flat ride, Submission, Enterprise and Oblivion making way for 1 flat ride surrounded by a world first element coaster.
Last edited by X/: no way out on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
bensaund

lf2001 wrote: I think SW8 will open and SW9 will be being constructed. Possibly a third hotel? The Flume to be replaced and Duel to be replaced.
I can't see Duel going anytime soon, it has a large throughput, its a good dark ride and works for the park and it is popular, just because it doesn't always have a 20 minute queue, doesn't mean it isn't getting large numbers of guests through its doors.

I believe they can spend their money of more important projects. Get rid of that awful Submission for starters and replace it with a KMG Afterburner
If you go down to the woods today
X/: no way out

Tbh I sort of think the same as you. Submission going for a KMG, and Enterprise and Blivy going for a world first coaster.
Last edited by X/: no way out on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
rhino18

^Oblivion's going NOWHERE. Even in 10, 20, or even 30 years....
Jackmcd99

I think that Rita will be first to go and could possibly hopefully make way for a new launch coaster maybe a multi launch one or a b&m launched one would be good.
thanks Tom B for my awesome sig
Spoiler
hey :D
I love the Christmas smileys :) :D
lf2001

I also see Spinball going soon as the contract ends. I'd like it to be replaced by a new family coaster too.
rhino18

Jackmcd99 wrote: I think that Rita will be first to go and could possibly hopefully make way for a new launch coaster maybe a multi launch one or a b&m launched one would be good.
If another launched coaster replaced Rita, there would be a few 'problems':

1) If you put another launched coaster in Rita's location, you can be guaranteed, some members of the GP wouldn't know the difference.
2) There isn't enough room for a big multi-launched coaster.
3) B&M have virtually no experience in creating launched rollercoasters. It would be awful.
4) Rita is incredibly popular. Again, replacing it with virtually the same ride, in the eyes of the GP would be a terrible move.
lf2001 wrote: I also see Spinball going soon as the contract ends. I'd like it to be replaced by a new family coaster too.
It has already ended, I believe.
Danny

rhino18 wrote: 3) B&M have virtually no experience in creating launched rollercoasters. It would be awful.
B&M virtually had no experience at designing inverted coasters before Nemesis. It was far from awful and several of the world's greatest coasters are B&M inverts.
B&M virtually had no experience at designing dive machines before Oblivion. It was far from awful and several highly recognised coasters are B&M dive machines.

Their only attempt at a launch coaster is far from being awful [albeit, the incredible layout takes some of the emphasis off the launch]. B&M openly said at IAAPA in 2012 they had launch technology and would use it to its full potential should any park request it.

B&M have proven they are a manufacturer that shouldn't be shot down when they create a concept. Their attempt at a wing coaster with Raptor has been very successful with so many variants of it in such a small time frame.