10 years later...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Air Guy 138

OK, I might be a strange idea for a topic, but what do you think Alton Towers will be like in 10 years time (2021)? What rides do you think will have gone, will there be more added to the park, will it be more popular...?
What do you think? Enjoy and discuss...
Alton Towers Top 31. Air 2. Oblivion 3. Nemesis

Ritadz

Park tickets will be £57.50 and Air's tunnel will still look like a multi story car park.
Air Guy 138

[quote=""Ritadz""]Park tickets will be £57.50 and Air's tunnel will still look like a multi story car park.[/quote]

I very much hope not! :x
But by the way things are going at AT at the moment, that'll probably be true #-o

DiogoJ42

Parking will cost £25. :|
James

- Thirteen will no longer be da Ultimate Rollercoaster... Eighteen will be.
- Theme park tickets will cost £57 per person.
- A stay in one of the hotels for 2 people on average will cost £900, not including breakfast, that will cost an additional £120 for a standard breakfast, a premium breakfast costs £200.
- Alton Towers will be known as MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS Alton Towers Resort, sponsored by Kraft Foods Inc.
Coke

Michael O'Leary will be resort director and he will rebrand the toilets so we have standard & premium ones. Also we will see a return of the advertising on the car park barriers.

Are you thirsty?
Air Guy 138

I think that by 2021:
-The park will be much more full and popular
-A third hotel will be built or in the process of being built/made
-Rita will have gone (probably replaced by a new coaster elsewhere)
-As said by Ritadz and DiogoJ42, prices (park, hotels, waterpark and parking) will be very expensive
There will probably be alot more changes in the coming ten years, but these are my predictions.

James

I can't see Rita going in all honesty, she's got more than 10 years ahead of her. Rita was built to last.

Prices are always going up and always will be, in 30 years time we will be reminiscing on how car parking was £5 and how cheap it was to stay in the hotels and go to the theme park. We'll be at a time where car parking could go up to £10, tickets could be over £40 and hotel stays could rise considerably.

Hopefully Alton will change for the better, and hopefully the public's love for theme parks isn't just something that will only last a few decades and then die out.
Air Guy 138

[quote=""James""]
I can't see Rita going in all honesty, she's got more than 10 years ahead of her. Rita was built to last. [/quote]

Well, the reason is said that is mainly because people are always complaining about how the queue is long, and it doesn't really fit into Dark Forest, to be honest. You never know, it could stay, it could go, I just think it will be the first to go (out of all the thrill rides) because it's the least popular (and I couldn't imagine Air, Oblivion, Nemesis and Th13teen going any time soon)

JarethDrakul

I agree I could see Rita going first aswell...it's odd as I remember alot of people used to say it didn't fit in with UG Land and now it doesn't fit in with the new land :lol:.
The only change I can think of that could happen in 10 years is they start charing for people to use the monorail on top of all other prices.
AWTSW90

[quote=""Air Guy 138""]Well, the reason is said that is mainly because people are always complaining about how the queue is long[/quote]

Followed by

[quote=""Air Guy 138""]I just think it will be the first to go (out of all the thrill rides) because it's the least popular[/quote]

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Rita certainly isn't the least popular! In fact, if i remember rightly, rita was consistantly the most popular? I don't know about the 2010 season, but before that i'm sure!

I can't see Rita being replaced any time soon, it's a crowd-puller! The only thing it could logically be replaced with is another launched coaster, but i can't see Merlin shelling out the cash for something that does exactly the same job, can you?...

Overall, the park will continue down the same route it has been. I'm sure there'll be some nice investments over the next 10 years, and i'm sure there'll be some disappointments, along-side some poorly justified price rises.
Pennywise

Park tickets will be £57.50 and Air's tunnel will still look like a multi story car park.
Parking will cost £25.
Two comments which are completely worthless to the thread, and yet have been 'thanked' because they're bashing Merlin. :roll:

Can we not, for once, take a topic seriously? Of course park tickets won't be £57 in 10 years time, and car parking will almost certainly still be the same price as it is now.

I think we'll see the back of Submission, Enterprise, Ripsaw, Blade, The Beastie and hopefully Charlie before 2021 is out. We'll also see a new coaster in the Black Hole tent, as well as SW7. The Flume will probably have been rethemed, and so will Adventure Land. Beyond that, it's anybody's guess. You never know how much technology will progress in ten years time.

:D
[Archive]

I agree!

In 2021 the Flume will be incredibly old technology and old in age as well, so I think it would have been removed by then for sure.

The Black Hole tent would have finally been demolished, with a new project in its place. X Sector would have been overhauled, but theme not changed necessarily. Perhaps as part of this big overhaul Oblivion will be floorless as well? Not a retheme, though. It will still be the same Oblivion and the same X Sector but with a new, better style.

Duel would have been overhauled as well, I think. By 2021 the Haunted House theme would have finally left us and perhaps Gloomy Wood be merged with Katanga Canyon? I just don't think Gloomy Wood has much life in it unfortunately after they ruined its original purpose and built Dark Forest.

Dark Forest will have more rides in and a better look as well. Otherwise it would be time for another retheme (which nobody would want). The problem with Dark Forest is that it will not last. Thirteen and Rita will, but the actual area itself is so weak that is has little future. They must improve it or it will have to go by 2021, I think.

I also think Alton Towers would be working on SW9 by that time, or finished the Secret Weapon line up altogether. SW7 and SW8 will be rides of the future and bring the park into a new era. Maybe. :wink:
DiogoJ42

[quote=""D4n""]Can we not, for once, take a topic seriously? Of course park tickets won't be £57 in 10 years time, and car parking will almost certainly still be the same price as it is now. [/quote]

Yes, and petrol will still be under £2 a liter, a pint will cost less than £3, and of course, it won't cost £1 for a Mars Bar in your local corner shop.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Alton charging per ride in ten years time. :roll:
Ritadz

[quote=""D4n""]Of course park tickets won't be £57 in 10 years time[/quote]

And you know this how?

Back in 2001 no one would have thought park tickets would cost £39, if prices keep rising £1 a year, then it will cost £49, but then you've got to consider Inflation, Tax, VAT...

[quote=""D4n""]Two comments which are completely worthless to the thread [/quote]

One comment which is even more worthless, but has been thanked for as far is i can see, no reason at all.

[quote=""D4n""]Can we not, for once, take a topic seriously?[/quote]

If everyone took everything 100% seriously, without making a joke or a having a bit of Merlin bashing, TTF wouldn't be half as good as it is now. If you want to take everything seriously then thats fine by me, but don't expect everyone else to want to as well.

:)
Blaze

[quote=""Ritadz""]Park tickets will be £57.50 and Air's tunnel will still look like a multi story car park.[/quote]

And they are directly linked in what way? When I see the price of a ticket, I don't think "oh that's expensive. If they havn't themed the tunel then I won't pay". I think "oh that's expensive, the rides best be good".

[quote=""Ritadz""][quote=""D4n""]Can we not, for once, take a topic seriously?[/quote]

If everyone took everything 100% seriously, without making a joke or a having a bit of Merlin bashing, TTF wouldn't be half as good as it is now. If you want to take everything seriously then thats fine by me, but don't expect everyone else to want to as well.

:)[/quote]
Actually, you're wrong in two ways. First, there are some topics which should be taken seriously. Second, if TTF wasn't full of rampant Merlin bashing, it would be much better. We don't have to be up Merlin's bottom, and we don't have to take everything serious, but there is a reason for the term 'happy medium'.
[quote=""DiogoJ42""]I wouldn't be surprised to see Alton charging per ride in ten years time. :roll:[/quote]
No way. Even Mandyland stopped doing that.
.Will

[quote=""Ritadz""]
[quote=""D4n""]Two comments which are completely worthless to the thread [/quote]

One comment which is even more worthless, but has been thanked for as far is i can see, no reason at all.

[/quote]

Yeah, but he is making a point, how can that be worthless, otherwise it will just be completely spam filled with pointless comments on how by 2021 they might have fished all the crap out of the Oblivion pond.

:wink:

To be honest, I can't see many major changes taking place, in the park, I mean no world beating rides just overhaul of areas, by 2021, I think the only areas that will still be almost identical are the Dark Florist and Towers Street. I think we will see more flats on the park and more family or moderate thrill rides, I doubt if there will be any big thrill rollercoasters to be honest.

:?
Blaze

Considering the MTDP, your last paragraph could prove very wrong :P
Pennywise

The what?
The Mid Term Development Plan. It's still available on the AT Heritage website I believe, if you haven't seen it before - [url=http://www.altontowersheritage.com/deve ... topicid=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowersheritage.com/deve ... topicid=14[/url]

:)